Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Big Cat Sanctuary

Old 01-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Carjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud of
Big Cat Sanctuary

At 78 years of age my dad built a sanctuary for his old cats-- Jaguars of course!

The garage is 48' wide by 28' deep in the two middle bays. The flanking bays measure 24' deep. The ceiling height is 10' and there are eyebrow windows all around for adequate ventilation and security. I helped him find adequate lighting and interior colors to aide in finding anything that may fall to the floor. The interior walls and ceiling are sheet-rocked and smooth coated. Bright white latex paint was used on the ceiling and a slightly less white color on the walls. The photos below will not show the difference between these colors. The cement slab floor is coated with a really light gray epoxy finish and they compliment the gray/black garage cabinets well. There are twelve 4' LED ceiling lights that do a great job of illuminating the space. I absolutely love these lights and wish I had them in my garage!

I am not a fan of the cinder block ledger sill running the interior perimeter of the garage, and I caution anyone who is building one to spec the block size so this does not happen. I tried to convince my dad that he should run a natural gas line and water line, but he would not have it. He did have a separate 100 amp service box run.

After the build (and these photos) he has installed a tool shed in his yard to store his riding mower and lawn implements. It now smells like big old cats instead of cut grass! Thoughts?

A garage for the big cats

Returning from a run...

Plenty of space, pace and grace!

The lawn implements awaiting a proper tool shed.

10' ceilings make the storage cabinets look tiny.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:32 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
The garage turned out amazing! Where did he get the cabinets from? Now he just needs some art work to hang on the walls

Old 01-16-2015, 09:56 AM
Carjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud of
Cabinets...

... are by Ulti-mate and they were shipped un-assembled. My cousin and his wife assembled and installed them in a day. The cabinets are heavy so it helps to have two people.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Razorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the rough
Nice cathouse

Love the E type.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:13 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Nice setup!!! Very cool. Neat, tidy clean, and some nice Jags in there too!

Old 01-22-2015, 03:33 AM
IMXCITD is on a distinguished road
I like it.....simple and clean

Old 02-24-2015, 07:10 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
the handles on the tall cabinets are upside down, they go the other way around!

Old 03-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by pumalex
the handles on the tall cabinets are upside down, they go the other way around!
Hmm. those handles were installed in the pre-drilled holes. I see your point on how they could have been installed vertically like the other doors. The good news is even an American can figure out how to open the doors

Old 03-13-2015, 05:16 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
lol yeah you just need to switch the doors upside down and side to side (if that makes sense)

here is how it should be, in line with the others but obviously, both works.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by pumalex
lol yeah you just need to switch the doors upside down and side to side (if that makes sense)

here is how it should be, in line with the others but obviously, both works.
Got it and fantastic garage! At 6' 3" tall my pop probably will keep the handles where they are.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:36 PM
jpohl402 will become famous soon enoughjpohl402 will become famous soon enough
Nice Jags & nice garage build!

Old 09-01-2016, 04:23 AM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
Love the thread title, very nice place for them to relax too.