Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

Durametric Diagnostic Tool -- Group buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Ordered as well. Thanks for doing the GB again!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
EDIT:
OK everyone this was to be the last post in this thread then it was to be locked; now it will be left open so Scott from softronic can have his say.

If Scott ever wants to do another group buy for this product it is his right to do so but I do not want my name attached to Scott & Softronic so I ask him to open his own thread.

I will explain the history.
I myself started the original group buy for the Durametric cables because I wanted one for my own car and for my shops use.
There has never ever been a group buy in the history of the product. It was all going very well until Scott from Softronic started complaining about the Group buy to the moderators of 6Speed, His big complaint was he was a site supporter and that this should be his deal. One of the Moderators of 6Speed stepped in and asked me if I would be willing to work with Scott and see if we could maybe Iron things out. Scott was not really open to anything but the sales going through him. So instead of the whole GB thing just dying off I said sure OK.
I sent him all the info for all the people who had already confirmed they wanted a cable; I also refunded everyone who had given me a deposit. In the end that ended up costing me all the transaction fees both to accept the payment and to return the payment. Scott then took over the sales, I in good faith let him handle it from there hoping he would treat people fairly and that he would send me my own cable, as discussed, that would allow me to read and program. It was also supposed to be sent quickly as I was having issues with my car that I needed to address before it caused motor damage.
Well over a week later Scott did send me a cable but his shipping lady and receptionist that sent me the package did not mark the shipping address clearly and the package got lost in the system as soon as it crossed the border into Canada. The return address was also not clearly marked so it lingered in the Postal system due to postal bureaucracy. Well I pleaded with Scott to send me a second cable as I needed it badly. I had numerous conversations with Softronic about the issue and they just kept stating; who was going to pay for the second cable as Softronic was out all that money for the first cable even though the package was sent insured.
Well the shipping lady then told me that the US postal service was not going to insure the item even though he paid for insurance on the shipping. That last statement turned out to be false. Softronic might have been told that but it was not true. I made numerous calls to figure this out and I even provided them with the numbers to call because Scotts office lady said she could not talk to anyone besides the people at the 1(800) # or by e-mail.
Well after all that Scott said he wanted to wait another couple weeks more before he was willing to send out another cable. Well I did wait and I when I did inquire if he sent out another cable but I got questioned as to who was going to pay for it as he did not get reimbursed for the first cable yet. I ended up talking about this in length and he finally agreed to ship another but it had to be his way and I had to pay for shipping up front. I said sure fine! Well the second cable was send UPS ground instead of a faster method and it was marked for a high value and as a German part; I had to pay foreign duty and higher brokerage fees as a result of this. Seeing how the parts are made in Canada then packaged and programmed in America these fees should not really have been incurred. OH fun times.

Well it does not end there; about a week later (This has now gone on for over 2 months) I get the original cable that was sent. It seems I finally did provide Canada post with enough info to finally find the package. I had just receive a replacement cable but it was not a programming cable like it was supposed to be. I ask Scott what he wanted me to do; he says it really does not matter but he needs one sent back ASAP as that cable is very expensive to him. Well I ask him if the one I have would be good to program with and I just could not get a straight answer.
Either way I tell them that I will not pick up the first cable and that the postal system will just send the cable back to the return address on the package. (I confirmed that fact with the post office myself, they actually told me that they would send it back that same day if I told them I did not want to receive the package) I explained that to the receptionist lady very clearly at least 4 times yet all see kept telling Scott, who was in the same room as him but I could not talk to him because he was not avaliable, was that I was just going to leave it at the post office and do nothing. So I explained it again to no avail. Finally I gave up and just picked up the package; for which I had to pay the shipping and also the import duty and brokerage fees again.
When I told them they had to pay for the return shipping they got mad at me. Finally they gave me there UPS number and I sent it back.

During this ordeal I asked if I could use this cable to program and he would not say yes or no but he said he controlled the cables functionality for things other than just reading the cars ECU and controlling basic functions. I really got tired of dealing with the man and knew I would never want to do business with him again so him to release the cable to another tuner. Several months later I asked another tuner to build me a tune but he would have to ask Scott to release the cables programming features to him so it would allow flashing. Scott flat out said NO!!!! As of late I have asked Scott to call me but he so far has been un available, always to busy talk.

Well after all this I am just so done with Softronic; I do not want my name associated with Softronic. If he decides in the future to do another group buy he can start his own thread. He never wanted to do the first group buy and the only reason he did the second one is because he seen my post and figured I would do another one without him this time so he did it so that he did not loose out on the sales.

PS: These are my experiences with Softronic and the opinions expressed above are my own. 6speed online and any other members that posted here are independent entities and as such they are entitled to their own views.
PS #2: Sorry for the rant I hope you all enjoy your programming cables.

Thanks
Engine Guy

Last edited by Engine Guy; 01-11-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:56 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
sorry to hear this... I was one who benefited from this last group buy. I ve used my enthu. version to read the DME and re set oil life so far. I thought the price was better than I ve seen anywhere. Again, sorry to hear.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cerbomark
sorry to hear this... I was one who benefited from this last group buy. I ve used my enthu. version to read the DME and re set oil life so far. I thought the price was better than I ve seen anywhere. Again, sorry to hear.
Meh no worries about the Drama, I am a big boy and just sometimes life is like that.

You and many many others benefited from this GB and I am Glad you did. The product is a very helpful thing when dealing with a P car, especially a modified one.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello ,

I would like to make an official reply and I hope all would hold any judgment until I have posted . Shipping labels, tracking via USPS, USPS letter of coverage, UPS shipping and all other docs have been preserved should they be required. All of these docs will substantiate my statement in this matter.

I have been associated with Porsche and the PCA for many years and have tried to help any with factual and helpful articles and posts. I would also hope for the same courtesy. I find this whole scenario most unpleasant in that this has even come to this point.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Last edited by Softronic; 01-11-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added last name!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cerbomark

I'm glad you have used the product and are satisfied with it. Softronic was happy to offer this as a sponsor of 6Speed and we hope to offer more specials in the future. We have offered others through Dealers and some via Users as in this case.

Best,
Softronic

Old 02-02-2013, 04:06 PM
BED997 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to read of your issues. Enjoying my enth. cable with a smooth transaction from Softronic in the group buy.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
There is more posted on the issues with Kyle or "EngineGuy" in this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nic-cable.html

Softronic has been busy and was unable to post a reply in this thread yet we have done some in the link provided.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Softronic
There is more posted on the issues with Kyle or "EngineGuy" in this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nic-cable.html

Softronic has been busy and was unable to post a reply in this thread yet we have done some in the link provided.

OH Scott you are Halarious..... What does that thread prove....

The UPS / USPS thing is funny... Yeah that proves it.

I stand by my statement above statement where I talk about the shipping issues and such... The fact of the matter is Scott you were only worried about making money and as much as you can and I got screwed in the process too... I know I know you gave me a free cable. Really in hind sight I would have gladly paid for it to avoid YOU!

Look at post 31... Thats where a moderator stops the group buy because you had a hissy fit.... Well several posts later it was on the go again because I decided to let it go through you instead of dying... I wish I knew about some of the other dealers on here that this thing could have gone through...

Well fast forward to post 100 where I say I will likely do another group buy but with another site supporter instead of softronic... Well look at post 103... Its Scott offering another group buy that like another member mentioned here
Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello All,

Softronic will be doing another group buy as another member mentioned from Durametric that they had checked on. I will get with you on the specifics in the next couple days. I hope you all liked the last one and we will have some extra specials with the next.

Best Regards,
Softronic
Yeah Scott here is the proof of what you are like... 2 posts later you all of a sudden offer another GB even though that mystery member stated it was going to be done with another vendor; you sure do not want to loose out on the potential revenue.....

People who read this I know I am not innocent in rubbing the fur on the cats back the wrong way.... But please if you are considering doing a tune or Durametic cable think of the place where your money might be going.