Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

New Agency Power Short Shifter 996, 997, Boxsters

Old 01-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
New Agency Power Short Shifter 996, 997, Boxsters

Group Buy Price -
Short Shifter only - $225
Short Shifter and Shift Linkage - $285

BOTH PRICES ARE SHIPPED!!!!

Agency Power is pleased to announce the release of its GT Billet Short Shift Kit for all Porsche 997 and 996 models. Read below

With any vehicle, the easier to shift, the faster you drive, the more fun you have! Agency Power has engineered the finest short shifter unit for all Porsche Boxster's, 996, and 997 vehicles. This short shift kit is precision CNC machined 6061 aluminum and stainless steel components. The shift lever is black oxide to increase strength and give it a stealth look. Designed to fit with your factory style shift ****, its flats allow for a perfect lock and grip. Reducing your throw by 35%, this short shifter will drastically improve your vehicles shifting over stock. The main assemble uses all machined parts for a perfect fit to the shift assembly. Brilliantly anodized gunmetal, the longevity of this shifter will surpass all competition. The lever moves on a needle bearing made specifically for our application to give clean and precise movement. Gear selection will be much tighter and direct.
The Agency Power short shifter can be used with all factory components. We do however recommend our billet shift linkage for the best possible shifting experience. The factory shift linkage is plastic with a rubber insert and over time can wear out or even break. Our short shifter and billet linkage has been proven to be the best solution for your Porsche vehicle and we guarantee your satisfaction. Shifter fits all Porsche Boxster's and 996/997 Carrera and Turbo vehicles. Made in the USA!

You can buy online here for fast delivery or PM me for Group Buy deal.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/33948

We except Paypal to dan@vividracing.com or all major credit cards by phone.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:47 PM
ChromeHearts is on a distinguished road
what are the benefits of AP SSK over a B&M SSK?

Old 01-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
ah the benefits....

Well the Agency Power shifter kit has a better engineered needle bearing for a smoother more precise throw. With a reduce throw of 35% over stock, the shifter vastly improves shifting for street and racing driving. Quicker shifting gives you better throttle control and less wear and tear on the clutch. The AP SSK material and tolerances are going to be a little different then the B&M. This shifter was designed to give the best possible shifting solution and when paired with the Agency Power shift linkage, the benefits cannot be surpassed by the competition.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:22 AM
ChromeHearts is on a distinguished road
what kind of material is is made out of, machining process, warranty/guarantee on parts? I've had problems with b&m ssk as sometimes it would make it hard to engage a gear.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
The lever is stainless steel with black oxide. The rest of the parts are CNC machined 6061 aluminum. We offer a 90 day warranty against manufacturer defects. And I give you 100% satisfaction guarantee for 30 days

Old 01-21-2007, 10:51 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Dan,
I am VERY interested in the shift kit....I like your 100% satisfaction guarantee, but dont you have to cut your original shifter to install? If its like the B&M you cannot return to stock without buying an entire shift housing...Also how much are the shifter and linkage? Is the linkage easy to install?

Old 01-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Former Vendor
Actually the B&M you dont have to cut anything either. Weird you did that? PM me for special pricing!

thanks

Old 01-23-2007, 12:07 AM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
HUH???? I installed the B&M in my old boxster and you DEFINATELY have to cut the tabs holding the old shifter out. No way to get it out WITHOUT cutting!

Old 01-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor
never cut anything with the 996...

Old 01-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
never cut anything with the 996...
Not saying you dont know what you are talking about but according to the instructions from B&M for their shift kit....a direct quote from their install PDF...

"STEP 23. Cut stock bushing clips G . TOOL: Utility Knife
(996/986 shown - 997 similar) "

Old 01-24-2007, 04:43 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Im interested in how you got the bushings out Dan without cutting???

Old 02-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor
I misunderstood you. I thought you cut the plastic housing....

Old 02-02-2007, 01:22 PM
So if you cut the bushings of the stock shifter...how do you go back to stock if you dont like it? Replace the entire shifter?

Old 02-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor
send me a pic of what you cut out. I replaced the shifter in my own car, i took the factory one out and sold it to another person who installed it. If your just cutting the cClips those can be replaced. I guess i am not understanding you.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I did this on my Boxster which I sold...but to my knowledge, once you install the B&M or any other shifter, you cannot go back to stock. This is why the Porsche short shift kit is the B&M shifter already installed in the shift housing, so you just swap the entire shift housing....so my question is...I but the AP shifter....dont like it....you give a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but I just cannot simply remove the AP shifter and go back to stock. I'll need a new shift housing...probably in the $300 range from the dealer....thats my question....it looks good....is it "notchy" like the B&M?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Agency Power Short Shifter 996, 997, Boxsters