GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Paul Millers' Carrera Gt Ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Handbrake, or gently massage the clutch out to where it engages and slowly work the clutch without applying gas... prevent that wheelspin!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
It's not a matter of handbrake, clutch, wheelspin or wood ramps ... it's a problem of loose ramps! Even when winching a car, the ramps have to be solid. Really a noob move. No sympathy from me!

Old 09-30-2007, 11:26 PM
MODFIED is on a distinguished road
I bet their insurance company is sure glad they had the cameras rolling...or maybe not...

Old 10-01-2007, 04:53 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
No need use throttle at all in that situation - the car's computer senses angle of attack and feeds in the necessary throttle to ease it up the ramp. Driver clearly didn't understand this. Too damn bad.

I've watched a CGT being driven up a ramp at twice that incline with no throttle input.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:15 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Oh snapppp! Ouch!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:19 AM
ol'school is on a distinguished road
Nooooooooo

Old 10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Ritesh will become famous soon enough
Why the hell would you use loose wooden ramps to get a CGT up on the trailer. Hell I don't even to that when I am loading my SM on the trailer. Hinged aluminum ramps are a must.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Painful to watch.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:00 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
omg I screamed.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:47 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Common this a CGT. How can they use 2 wooden ramps that are thinner then the width of the rear tires.

Last edited by vincentdds; 10-02-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:00 PM
tshih is on a distinguished road
sick to my stomach to see that being done to such a nice car. However it beats totalling it and killing yourself in the process and then blaming Porsche for selling such a dangerous car to the uninformed but well heeled customers. These owners just are not too bright when it comes to common sense ideas to get things done (like loading a car onto a trailer). I thought the idea of owning this car is to be able to drive to the track and back without needing to change a thing (street car with racecar capabilities-i.e. a Porsche almost any model).

Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jamie
No need use throttle at all in that situation - the car's computer senses angle of attack and feeds in the necessary throttle to ease it up the ramp. Driver clearly didn't understand this. Too damn bad.

I've watched a CGT being driven up a ramp at twice that incline with no throttle input.
Really? I didn't see that in the owner's manual.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Damn that sucks big time. Those rear tires just grabbed those pieces of wood and launched em back. I dont know if everyone who gave negative comments would have done it differently being in the same situation as the victim from the vid

Old 10-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Antz_997s is on a distinguished road
Ouchhh.. that hurts!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ryan in SD
Damn that sucks big time. Those rear tires just grabbed those pieces of wood and launched em back. I dont know if everyone who gave negative comments would have done it differently being in the same situation as the victim from the vid
that's what the tow hook is for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paul Millers' Carrera Gt Ouch!!!