GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT High Speed Pass *Video*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Tipo815 will become famous soon enoughTipo815 will become famous soon enough
Carrera GT High Speed Pass *Video*

Had a chance to run my CGT on a closed section of the old El Toro airforce base earlier today. We were limited to a 7/10 of mile stretch so I could not manage more than 160 before backing off. Nevertheless it was definitely a fun time! Here are a couple of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfqFEc-OXY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A40ZQJgUfmI

Old 01-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Awesome!!!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Sweet!!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Car_Collector will become famous soon enough
That was very cool man. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:23 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
come to Pocono or VIR...You can hit 180 easy !!!!

That gt sounds great!!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Love the sound of these cars.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Russkiy_M3 is on a distinguished road
nice video.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap! What group was this with? That's only 10 miles from my house.......would have LOVED to have been there......is there another one shelduled in the future?

Chris

Old 01-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Awesome Jeffrey. Man there is definitley nowhere up here in the PNW for something like that.....or is there? Plus...........look at that weather! Its just not right!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:59 AM
jlingk will become famous soon enough
Where is that?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Tipo815 will become famous soon enoughTipo815 will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys! It was definitely a fun time. As I mentioned it wasn't planned. I was there as a spectator at the invitation of a friend. The company that rented the runway was there to record sound bites for a new racing video game. In between recording sessions they let me run the Carrera GT (which they also recorded). I'm sure they'll keep the sound bites from the CGT for something else. Needless to say it was a blast running up and down the runway.

I also learned something new. The wing on the CGT does not retract when the engine is hot or has gone through some high rev cycles. I thought something was wrong as pressing the retract switch did nothing either. I found out this morning that the heat from the vent under the wing is so high that Porsche programmed it to stay in the "up" position until the car cooled down or it would melt the underside of the wing!

My car also has the AWE straight pipes which accounts for some of the increased sound levels.

Someone asked about the location. The old El Toro Airforce Base is in Orange County, California. About one hour south of Los Angeles. It's been closed for years and is stuck in the usual political tug-o-war as to what to do with all this prime real estate. For the time being small sections are used for private events and RV storage. The rest is just open runways and taxiways that are abandoned.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is on a distinguished road
love the sound!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
great video

Old 01-14-2008, 12:28 PM
calbears92 is on a distinguished road
Who did you guys get in touch w/ to rent the runway? AMCI?

Old 01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tipo815
My car also has the AWE straight pipes which accounts for some of the increased sound levels.
I have seen many videos of our pipes, but none like that. That's great stuff!

Sounds awesome.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT High Speed Pass *Video*