GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Your idea of the "PERFECT" track car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
This is what 'm planning on getting

Old 09-26-2008, 11:36 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I'll take a Cayman S with a C-GT motor shoved in to it. Supposedly it can be done. I'll let Farnbacher Loles figure out the neccessary suspension tweaks for me.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:43 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Or, how about a 917/30 built with modern technological know-how. Perhaps instead of the blown flat 12, it could have a twin turbo C-GT motor and be built along the lines of the RS Spyder. I guess that's basically the point the fellow who showed the picture of the RS Spyder was trying to make. Build a new Porsche under the old Can Am rules: two seats, unlimited power.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Triss is on a distinguished road
Stripped out CGT with KW-suspension and some more aerodynamic...

Old 09-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Realistic

Cayman
GT3 motor
Motons
LWFlywheel
LSD
Roll cage
Carbon fiber body panels
GTR brakes

Old 09-29-2008, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Realistic

Cayman
GT3 motor
Motons
LWFlywheel
LSD
Roll cage
Carbon fiber body panels
GTR brakes
I want one! Where do I sign up!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:24 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Realistic

Cayman
GT3 motor
Motons
LWFlywheel
LSD
Roll cage
Carbon fiber body panels
GTR brakes
Already exists...has a 9ff tuned 997 gt3 motor, Penske shocks (WAY better than moton) all the engine upgrades/mounting upgrades, lighter weight...etc...still needs work though.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:16 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
9ff GT9 driven by Chris Harris of AutoCar:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/P...ris_187072.htm

Old 10-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
Already exists...has a 9ff tuned 997 gt3 motor, Penske shocks (WAY better than moton) all the engine upgrades/mounting upgrades, lighter weight...etc...still needs work though.
Holy smokes!!! Who's building it and how much?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Oh, Sechsgang, I just realized you indicated 9ff tuned. I guess they are building it. Duh, sorry. Any idea on the price of such a beast?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:26 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
^^^no, 9ff didnt build the car, just the gt3 motor. The car has GTR big brakes as well. David Donahue was doing some testing at an event that I was at (standard de) and it was cool...but not nearly as spectacular as what NORTH of 270k should bring you...

Old 10-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
^^^no, 9ff didnt build the car, just the gt3 motor. The car has GTR big brakes as well. David Donahue was doing some testing at an event that I was at (standard de) and it was cool...but not nearly as spectacular as what NORTH of 270k should bring you...
Is this a car that some tuner plans to market? Anyway, 270K is outta my league!

Last edited by USCCayman; 10-01-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by th3Stig
9ff GT9 driven by Chris Harris of AutoCar:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/P...ris_187072.htm
Disgusting display of hp. Only problem is that Chris had to ask if it can go around corners.......I can think of a few cars that can hang or beat this 9ff. Not feeling the shape though. Wish they kept the 997 GT3 body and added the motor. Would love to see this motor in a CGT or GT2.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:43 PM
mousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nice
all you guys saying roll cage, you are violating one of the OP's stipulation, it must be a street car as well.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by USCCayman
Is this a car that some tuner plans to market? Anyway, 270K is outta my league!
no, private venture.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Your idea of the "PERFECT" track car.