Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Battery Tender opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Jgalt is infamous around these partsJgalt is infamous around these parts
Battery Tender opinions

Does anyone have opinions and/or experience with Battery Tender use on a GT3? Any problems?

Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
I've used the OE tender on my GT3 since I bought the car 12/04. Never had a problem with the tender. Never had a problem starting the car. But I drive it nearly every week, 150-200 miles.

BTW, I also have used $20 maintainers from Kragen's on other cars with like results.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I use the porsche one that plugs into the cig lighter and I have not had any issues...

Old 10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I have Porsche and works very good.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:15 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
I use the Porsche unit and it works great.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:47 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
I use the porsche one that plugs into the cig lighter and I have not had any issues...
+1, works on other cars and motorcycles as well.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Jgalt is infamous around these partsJgalt is infamous around these parts
Porsche charger

I assume you can buy the Porsche unit at the dealer? I've never heard of one.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:47 AM
SirBells is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jgalt
or online @ http://shop1.porsche.com/usa/car/cayenne/95504490054/.... also i have better results when i plug it in ...

Last edited by SirBells; 10-08-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 AM
john revis is infamous around these parts
I used the standard Deltran battery tender on my GT2. I hardwired it to the battery.
I have used them for years on motorcycles and have always been satisifed with them. I can't comment about the Porsche version.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 AM
spg993tt is infamous around these parts
I use the CTEK 3300 US which is the company that makes the porsche chargers for porsche. its a bit more than the Battery Tender. THe ctek rusn about $55 on ebay new, etc or 65 from the company itself. pretty advanced charger with good feed back lights, etc.

its also nice because it has interchangeable connections. so you can have the cigarette lighter, or, you can have the clamps for connecting directly /temporarily to the battery leads, or there are some ring connectors for hardwiring it permanent. and you can quick-disconnect and leave the hardwire all hooked up.

i like them since i can flipthem around from car to car by just buying $9.00 connectors. the porsche unit is just a cig connection.

but all work well. my sears/diehard charger works perfect as well. it was 20 bucks.

Originally Posted by Jgalt

Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SirBells
or online @ http://shop1.porsche.com/usa/car/cayenne/95504490054/.... also i have better results when i plug it in ...
a little cheaper

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...electronics997

Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Old 10-08-2008, 07:13 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by spg993tt
I use the CTEK 3300 US which is the company that makes the porsche chargers for porsche. its a bit more than the Battery Tender. THe ctek rusn about $55 on ebay new, etc or 65 from the company itself. pretty advanced charger with good feed back lights, etc.

its also nice because it has interchangeable connections. so you can have the cigarette lighter, or, you can have the clamps for connecting directly /temporarily to the battery leads, or there are some ring connectors for hardwiring it permanent. and you can quick-disconnect and leave the hardwire all hooked up.

i like them since i can flipthem around from car to car by just buying $9.00 connectors. the porsche unit is just a cig connection.

but all work well. my sears/diehard charger works perfect as well. it was 20 bucks.
+1 on the CTEK i have the same one, it is exactly the same as the Porsche brand at 1/2 the price. works perfect. plug into the lighter and forget it.
Sadly, we are at that point in the season we are talking about battery tenders. That Sucks.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:37 AM
IXXI Turbo is infamous around these parts
After killing my OEM battery from leaving the radar detector on while I was away. I purchased the "Battery minder plus" from VDC electronics. I love it and would recommend some kind of maintainer. At least now when I come back home from being gone for awhile, I know the battery is fresh.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
TurboCup87 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by john revis
I used the standard Deltran battery tender on my GT2. I hardwired it to the battery.
I have used them for years on motorcycles and have always been satisifed with them. I can't comment about the Porsche version.
Same here. I use them on 3 different vehicles, and have for years. You can get extra wire harnesses to hard wire to the battery.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Battery Tender opinions