GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Republican convention

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 10:11 AM
topspn is on a distinguished road
Republican convention

President Bush has just walked onto the stage. What a great feeling it is having a man with common sense and strong will and conviction as our president. Please don't bring that empty suit Kerry on as the next president, people!?!

Old 09-03-2004, 10:16 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Why didn't you post this in OT?

Old 09-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
EDIT: What the hell is this doing in GT section....

Last edited by Chordate; 09-03-2004 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:49 AM
macfly is on a distinguished road
It does bring up an interesting point, which way do most GT drivers, posters lean. As a new citizen I still haven't really figured out who votes for who.

Anyone fancy starting a poll?

Old 09-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Banned
There is a poll in the off-topic section...

Old 09-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
The 996 turbo forum is 75% conservative & 25% liberal. My past experience with pissing off people tells me that other forums are FAR more liberal.

Old 09-03-2004, 11:08 AM
topspn is on a distinguished road
Sorry. Not sure what happened. This was supposed to be in general catagory.

Mehrabani, not to try to antagonize you, but what's with the curse word? Where's your liberal tolerance and understanding of peoples mistakes? :-)

Old 09-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Banned
I am just too badass for you

Old 09-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Porsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nice
Regardless of where this post ended up, it's here and worth commenting on. It truly IS a great feeling to have a president again who has vision and moral clarity rather than moral ambiguity. Bush does what he believes is RIGHT. Some of you may not agree with his vision but in no uncertain terms do we know where he stands. He answered his critics and outlined his agenda fully. Most of his domestic agenda is quite bold and i think will continue to guide our country in the right direction. He has compassion but doesn't claim to want to give away for free anything- When people work for something there is pride in the outcome. Do you truly appreciate a handout? I don't think so. There is pride in owning your own home, business, and retirement. I know i'm not in favor of an entitlement society!
The foreign policy agenda is not driven by big business but waht he FEELS is right. Can democracy and basics freedoms for all people be the wrong reason even to go to war?, regardless of wmds or other detractors. If you have to think about it than maybe Kerry's your guy.
Off topic, best of luck to all in south Florida-stay safe and our thoughts are with you. Seth.

Old 09-04-2004, 02:01 AM
JRATH is on a distinguished road
I heard today that the Navy is questioning one of the medals kerry has on his web page he claims he earned.

The Navy says they never heard of the medal.

Old 09-04-2004, 02:01 AM
amirgt2 is on a distinguished road
Just one question. Where is his strong will and conviction when it comes to catching the bastard who killed three thousand innocent lives. I have to doubt his convictions when he doesn't even mention Bin Laden's name once during his acceptance speech.

I truly believe that he's doing what HE thinks is right. But what HE thinks is right and what is good for our soldiers fighting for our country isn't always the same thing. It's funny how short term people's memories become even when they have a "we will never forget" sticker on the back of their car.

Old 09-04-2004, 03:46 AM
Porsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nice
If you study what someone has said and done over a 4 year period...anyone... i'm sure you can find items to claim hypocricy by. The FACTS are that we DID go to Afganistan and remove most of OBL's organization and their protectors. Finding one man-regardless of his hight and alleged health problems is not an easy task and our first person intelligence will take a very long time to cultivate, which is the only way we'll catch someone who is the ideological spearhead of an entire movement. People used that same argument when we hadn't yet caught Sadam BTW. Where is he now? The guy had been hidden in a tiny hole in a large country. You think its any different with OBL? I can assure you he's being hunted which is exactly what was NOT happening before 9/11. ADon't forget also that we DID catch the guy responsible for planning those attacks as well as many more and that's not anything to sniff at.

Old 09-04-2004, 08:24 AM
Larry Herman is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Porsche Tech
.... The foreign policy agenda is not driven by big business but waht he FEELS is right.....
Are you kidding? The Bush family has been in bed with the Royal Saudi family for 30 years. Do a little homework and look it up. If you (and others) would examine Bush as critically as you do Kerry, you would vomit from what you found.

Old 09-04-2004, 09:05 AM
You may think what you like but i believe Bush is sincere. There are plenty of other politicians of both parties who have had business dealing with the Saudis and the Royal family. Until you and me and everyone else quit driving our suvs, sport bikes and high power gas guzzeling sports cars it will remain a FACT of life that we must deal with them (or until hydrogen/fuel cell technology becomes viable) as they have the majority of the readily accessable (ie cheaper) crude in large deposits anywhere in the world. Oil and politics are intertwined in every country in the world. Our foreign policy as i said is not DRIVEN by big business but if business benefits from a security oriented foreign policy agenda then what of it? Democrats ***** just as much as anyone else when the cost of fuel goes up and cheap oil for now is a benefit to our economy and the standard of living of every American. As a result of all this, really smart people in this and many other countries are currently working on alternative sources of energy to lessen our dependence on foriegn oil and oil in general. When hydrogen powered cars become a reality you can bet i'll be ordering one but until then it's business as usuall...

Old 09-04-2004, 09:12 AM
macfly is on a distinguished road
Now this is getting interesting, we have a good couple of months to go too. However I don't think anyone will be moved from their current position. From what I see folks here seem to vote for the same party every time, regardless of what's up with a given administration.

As a new American all I can say is it looks like the difference between R'd & D's is about the same as between Coke & Pepsi. You'll be fine with either, and then there's always next time too.

It is interesting to me that both presidential candidates are both alumni of the same university and even both skull & bonesmen. The lines between them blur more each day.

Some past observations;

Clinton avoided national service; Big scandal!
Bush did so too; no big deal.

Clinton inhaled, and got inhaled; Big, Big scandal!!
Bush won't discuss his alchol and substance abuse, nothing before his 40th birthday counts. Fair enough, we should all be allowed to be a little wild as kids. (unless we are running for the other guys!)

I am still on the fence myself, but I see hypocracy and double standards all around, and wonder why more people aren't asking questions.

What do I care about? A strong economy here, we can do nothing if we loose the powerhouse at home. No one is telling me how we are going to turn the economy around. Wars are expensive, and everything we are doing now is nothing if China decides it time to take Taiwan back, and it will at some point. China holds around 30% of US national debt, so what if they choose to dump US Treasuries on the international mareket? They could destroy the dollar in a few weeks, and invade Taiwan a week later. Then what?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Republican convention