GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Clutch Pedal Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Fast997S is on a distinguished road
GT3 Clutch Pedal Question

I have been contemplating on moving up to a gt3 lately, so I went to test drive one. Only thing that would be a problem for me is the amount of pressure needed to engage the clutch. This usually wouldn't be a problem, but I have some ankle problems with my left leg. Is there a way for the clutch pedal pressure to be reduced? I won't be tracking the car, just using as a daily driver. I realize the pressure plate has heavier springs in it, but just trying to understand the mechanics of the clutch release system. Is it hydraulic like in the c2s or does it have mechanical cables like in the old 911's? It's so hard to depress it does not feel like it's hydraulic.

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:22 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Its hydraulic and heavy duty. it also has a tighter shifting pattern on the trans in general, easy to miss a gear, but it takes a beating and keeps going.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:17 PM
CorsicanBB is on a distinguished road
The GT3 has a race clutch. I hate to tell you this, but if you cannot get used to it, then this is most probably not the right car for you.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:54 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CorsicanBB
The GT3 has a race clutch. I hate to tell you this, but if you cannot get used to it, then this is most probably not the right car for you.
A racing clutch on a Porsche? Really? It might be more specific and useful to say the GT3 clutch does not offer the hydraulic assistance as say, a turbo, does.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:17 AM
chardonet will become famous soon enoughchardonet will become famous soon enough
How much time did you have in the test drive? Definitely will be a biatch in prolonged stop and go traffic. I love the clutch/shifter myself, but, on the few times that I had to deal with LA freeway back-ups due to accidents, it tired my leg after about 45 minutes or so. Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:49 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
I had a 996 TT and It shifted like a hot knife through butter, so did my Boxter, but the GT3 just has a stiffer clutch I can't say why, but i would assume just stiffer springs, in it rather than the level of power assist. , Just a bit different to drive, not alot of fun to drive in traffic, but I don't drive mine on the street much. .