GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Why do low mile GT3's have so many previous owners.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Why do low mile GT3's have so many previous owners.

8k miles 3 owners, 3500 miles, 3 owners, 6500 miles 4 owners?????

Old 10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
freeman is on a distinguished road
Most likely all track mileages.
It is a GT3!

Old 10-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
some find out they can't handle them (like Jeremy Clarkson)...but mostly because they are not a good daily driver because they are pretty stiff for street driving and the roads are only getting worse

Old 10-29-2009, 06:12 PM
sprinty_rs4 is on a distinguished road
IMO its a Track/Street Automobile. Most of the cars were spartan on the options as well and daily driving without 4 doors, heated seats, NAV, Bluetooth, Adaptive Lights, etc...makes other cars better commuters. Add the economy its hard for a $100K+ car to sit in the garage..... It seems far more GT3 RS are staying with owners than the GT3 which is somewhat more telling.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
this search is much tougher than i expected. makes me consider an ordered '10

Old 10-29-2009, 07:27 PM
tedean is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bara
this search is much tougher than i expected. makes me consider an ordered '10
Do you mean you are concerned with too many owners on used GT3s and are now considering a 2010 that is on a showroom?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by tedean
Do you mean you are concerned with too many owners on used GT3s and are now considering a 2010 that is on a showroom?
yes and no. i would order the 2010 to my spec.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:21 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
shouldn't be a problem as long as the car is in great shape. Get a PPI before scratching that check

Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 AM
elh0102 is on a distinguished road
Well, I bought an '05 CPO GT3 about three months ago, only 7K miles. As much as I love the car, if I did no track events, or, if it were my daily driver, I would already have sold it. They are simply not very suitable for most folks on a daily basis; stiff, loud, no storage (with race seats, can't even access the back storage much), low, etc. But a lot of low mileage cars will not have seen much track use, since track folks tend to keep them, and street drivers do not. As for Clarkson, he actually likes the GT3 (although he disdains Porsche in general), and I believe he can handle one. He's a dick, but a good driver.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:45 AM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
A lot of 1st owners were gotta have the newest and then ADD kicks in and they move on. I had my 2005 996Gt3 for 4 years and it went through 3 owners in the next year after i sold it.

Peter

Old 10-30-2009, 11:02 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
some people buy them and don't drive them...

it's like buying a racehorse and not letting it run

it's sad imo

Old 10-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Wayne K is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JimGT3
shouldn't be a problem as long as the car is in great shape. Get a PPI before scratching that check

I agree. I've put about 3000 miles on my GT3 that had 2 prior owners and had 3000 miles on it when I bought. So far it has been perfect. I had a PPI done and had a Porsche dealer check it for over revs. If the cars your looking at seem almost like new and check out OK what does it matter if it has had more than one prior owner.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne K
If the cars your looking at seem almost like new and check out OK what does it matter if it has had more than one prior owner.
there are many reasons but with 1 owner, you get consistent use and less probability for the car to have 'stories' and usually better resale.

buying a car with 3 previous owners makes you the 4th and when you go to unload it the next guy is staring at being the 5th owner.

weather real or percieved, that many owners gives the car a stigma of being run thru the ringer.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:01 PM
kave is on a distinguished road
It's a weekend car. The buyers of the high end cars have families and they can't taka ethe car out every weekend. When they do, it's not for more than going to get coffee or just for a little drive. I know that is my experience. I would love to take it to the track every weekend, but the family won't allow it.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:10 PM
bond will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Wayne K
If the cars your looking at seem almost like new and check out OK what does it matter if it has had more than one prior owner.
Usually, there is a "honeymoon" period with each successive owner I.E., pushing the car hard until sanity steps in and a regular driving pattern is established. Several owners could mean several "honeymoons". Not all wear (or the extent of it) is discovered during a PPI.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why do low mile GT3's have so many previous owners.