GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Decent price on GT3 rollcage installed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:45 PM
webster132 is on a distinguished road
Decent price on GT3 rollcage installed?

Howdy all. I just picked up a 2010 GT3 and want to go to the track as soon as possible. I'm looking to go to the POC event on the 2/13 at Willow Springs and they require a rollbar/cage and harness installed. My dealer quoted me $3620 for the full thing installed -- is that a reasonable price?

Also, are anyone else here going to the POC event at Willow?

Here's a picture of the car:

Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2010, 03:49 PM
JAMS is on a distinguished road
Hmmm...Orange LP-640 roadster, Green LP-640 coupe, White LP-560, Maserati Granturismo, Bentley Flying Spur, AM Vantage Roadster 4.7, Lotus 2-11, Porsche 997.2 GT3, Cayman Interseries Race Car... for you, very reasonable! Welcome.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Hahaha, good one. I don't mind paying for fun, but I sure don't like paying more than I have to. I never pay retail for anything. Just making sure that the dealer is not trying to win back any of the off-MSRP discount that I got on the car in service

Old 02-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I think I just answered my own question by finding http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_interior.shtml

Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webster132
Howdy all. I just picked up a 2010 GT3 and want to go to the track as soon as possible. I'm looking to go to the POC event on the 2/13 at Willow Springs and they require a rollbar/cage and harness installed. My dealer quoted me $3620 for the full thing installed -- is that a reasonable price?

Also, are anyone else here going to the POC event at Willow?

Here's a picture of the car:
Oh God!! I sure hope $3620 include the roll bar, free massage, sesona ski pass and free dinner at Joe's stake house for 1 month. I got my roll bar from GMG and had BRracing install for less than $300. These roll bar can be tricky to get it and line up with the seat belt thread. Better to leave it to GMG. They will have it in in a flash

Old 02-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned
DTOWNGT3 will become famous soon enough
+1 for RSS

Mike and Bryan are awesome!

Old 02-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Signed up to GMG to do the work. Also getting track alignment and a sway bar upgrade.

But I'm kinda stuck with what to do about the harness. The POC guys require a harness in place to run their time trial stuff but I'm really not that keen on giving up the standard sport seats. I tried the sport buckets before buying and just couldn't get that comfortable with them, especially for a car that'll spend a fair amount of time street driving.

Someone recommended a halo system that would hold the top harness pieces together since there are no holes to go through. Anyone tried something like that and can share the results?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Banned
stacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to behold
GMG does great work!!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:30 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Signed up to GMG to do the work. Also getting track alignment and a sway bar upgrade.

But I'm kinda stuck with what to do about the harness. The POC guys require a harness in place to run their time trial stuff but I'm really not that keen on giving up the standard sport seats. I tried the sport buckets before buying and just couldn't get that comfortable with them, especially for a car that'll spend a fair amount of time street driving.

Someone recommended a halo system that would hold the top harness pieces together since there are no holes to go through. Anyone tried something like that and can share the results?
Quick question. What is your track experience - ie novice vs. advance or how many track days?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:59 PM
sfbimmer is on a distinguished road
If you would be willing to drive/trailer the car up to the Bay Area -- TCDesigns in Milpitas (www.tcdesignfab.com). Tony Colicchio and his brother Joe Colicchio are masters in the art of roll cage design and fabrication.

Give Tony or Joe a call to discuss your application and they'll make it happen.

No affiliation, just a happy repeat customer.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by mikymu
Quick question. What is your track experience - ie novice vs. advance or how many track days?
I've raced in the Cayman race car in the Interseries, Formula Mazda in Rotary Rockets, Miatas in ABCC Spec Miata class, and I'm a member at ABCC in Chicago. So I'd say a fair amount of experience . Why?

Old 02-05-2010, 07:30 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Do you plan on doing any club racing? I was just talking to our local supplier of all things track related and he warned me that a lot of the cages out there do not meet the requirements to go club racing with PCA.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:36 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about

I've very curious to see what you find out about this as well. Let's just say the sport seats are a bit snug on my manly frame..

I wouldn't even need the harnesses if I had those.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Russellnyc is on a distinguished road
Hey, I thought I'd revive this thread because I'm in a similar spot. 997.2 GT3 needs to go to the track a couple times in July. Car has carbon buckets, so I'm looking for GMG cage and harnesses to match my helmet and hans. I'm in Fairfield County, CT. Thing is, I called Speedsport in Danbury and they quoted me near $5,000 because they said the labor is intense to take apart the interior, cut all the carpets cleanly, and put everything back together in a quality way. This sounds plausible to me, but wow, it's a lot of coin.

Anyone in the Southern CT area know where I can get one of these done well for less?

Old 06-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Russellnyc is on a distinguished road
I may have found my answer here:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/547376-ne-porsche-tuners.html
Will check this recommendation:
http://www.danieljacobsllc.com/services.cfm

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-21-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: active link

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Decent price on GT3 rollcage installed?