GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

FVD Brombacher – GT3 Rangers quest for an extremely potent exhaust & software package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
WOW! Holy $h!t batman!
Don't over think it. It's not that important. Put on your Akropavic exhaust, enjoy it and God bless you.

Ranger
Important to me... not at all. I didn't spend a dime on this. After your almost one year conquest of the power gains you were claiming through FVD, the results are pretty weak. I did not come in this thread claiming anything about Akrapovic. Im just checking the facts, after all, you were telling everyone how massive the results were gonna be, but they are not and thats including software You even told me I should go with FVD Their website,http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...tyle-tips.html , states 25+ HP/ 25+TQ with this system(without software, which yours has) and didnt even reach that claim, To anyone spending almost $6K for that stainless steel system, it should matter when it does not produce the power advertised. PERIOD. You should be more concerned about yourself, not getting the gains you expected and your TT ARS M5 which is still not done since over a year ago, maybe 2 years now....

This is not about Akrapovic Vs FVD. Its about the BS claims you've made over the last year, talking about FVD as if they gave you stock benefits and such... and what do you have? 12+ HP and 20+ TQ with a full exhaust AND software?

After all that, the only thing you cant tell me is "Don't over think it. It's not that important. Put on your Akropavic exhaust", because I'm right

Last edited by GT1; 02-25-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Originally Posted by JMD0977
Important to me... not at all. I didn't spend a dime on this. After your almost one year conquest of the power gains you were claiming through FVD, the results are pretty weak. I did not come in this thread claiming anything about Akrapovic. Im just checking the facts, after all, you were telling everyone how massive the results were gonna be, but they are not and thats including software You even told me I should go with FVD Their website,http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...tyle-tips.html , states 25+ HP/ 25+TQ with this system(without software, which yours has) and didnt even reach that claim, To anyone spending almost $6K for that stainless steel system, it should matter when it does not produce the power advertised. PERIOD. You should be more concerned about yourself, not getting the gains you expected and your TT ARS M5 which is still not done since over a year ago, maybe 2 years now....

This is not about Akrapovic Vs FVD. Its about the BS claims you've made over the last year, talking about FVD as if they gave you stock benefits and such... and what do you have? 12+ HP and 20+ TQ with a full exhaust AND software?

After all that, the only thing you cant tell me is "Don't over think it. It's not that important. Put on your Akropavic exhaust", because I'm right
Fully agree!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Great gains Rhonda!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
subscribed

Old 02-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AZ997TT
Do you have any db readings on the different packages?
AZ997TT,

Sure. The system pictured below is 110 dB with the rsr bypass tips (Not for faint of heart!!!) & 106 dB with use of stock muffler. As you can see we also give you the elbow's to run the stock center for power & less sound.

Here is the video running the stock center muffler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WizXsz_StrE

Here is the link to our website for this system...

GT3 Rangers current system pictured below is 108 dB but you can order it for 106 db you would just need to let us know when you order.

Here is the link to our website for this system...

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
NorthVan,

Thanks for the compliments! Is a GT3 still in the works for you? Bet your buddy with the BMW is dreading that day when you show up at the track with the GT3!

Fly996,

Thanks!

HRTC,

Thanks and great idea. Getting information together in one spot for all 6 speeders to see is a good thing. That way all GT3 owners can make a decision on what is right for them or for their needs.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-26-2010, 09:30 AM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
I just ordered the software to go with my Cargraphic Kit 3 exhaust. It should be here on Monday.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
NorthVan,

Thanks for the compliments! Is a GT3 still in the works for you? Bet your buddy with the BMW is dreading that day when you show up at the track with the GT3!
Great memory Rhonda, he didn't like the last round of mods, so he went and one upped me, and bought a GT3, now I get to look at the back of his car all the time

Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 AM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by On Pole
I just ordered the software to go with my Cargraphic Kit 3 exhaust. It should be here on Monday.
Get ready for 40+ WHP!!!!

Best regards,
Ranger.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Get ready for 40+ WHP!!!!

Best regards,
Ranger.
What's this
Signing off with my name? Were you an airborne ranger too? UAH!

So Akrapovic is hurting that bad they have to give their systems away?
Oh btw in your rant above I think you forgot to tell me my sister was a ***** and my brother a drug dealer.

Enjoy your stuff and please do post your monster gains.

Ranger

Old 02-26-2010, 02:23 PM
GT1
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
What's this
Signing off with my name? Were you an airborne ranger too? UAH!

So Akrapovic is hurting that bad they have to give their systems away?
Oh btw in your rant above I think you forgot to tell me my sister was a ***** and my brother a drug dealer.

Enjoy your stuff and please do post your monster gains.

Ranger
Aww... come on Ranger, dont get kindergarden and sensitive on me just because your claims and FVD's did not end up being true. I do not agree with your take in this topic and your FVD parade has finally come to an end. Technically, its not your fault. You just got caught up believing anything and everything they told you and the result dont amount up to their claims. It happens to some, you just learned the hard way. Man up and move on. Everyone here know the FVD claims you've made or they can easily look up you post history, unless you delete them. It doesnt matter though, you'd just be lying to yourself. Regardless of whatever tuner, I dont trust any and take their claims with a grain of salt.

And again Ranger, I did not come in this thread claiming any superiority of Akrapovic over FVD. Nor, have I made any claims. Was just fed up with your FVD bs for the last year, and I didnt even have a GT3 back then . This is not about, " I made more power than you", its about putting out companies making claims that are not true and taking people like you that believe anything they say.
My before and after dyno will speak for itself, which will be done the same day and with exhaust only(no software, unlike yours). Whether better or not, lets just say, we'll see. It will be done at Champions, the same dyno you and FVD use. I will do STD and SAE correction since FVD used STD, which reads higher than SAE. If the Akrapovic makes the power they claim, great, I got my money's worth. Did you? ...... no.

Last edited by GT1; 02-27-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda, correct me if I'm wrong, but:

The baseline results are: 370 whp and 279 wtq @ 82 degree weather.
The exhaust #1 with software results are: 381 whp and 277 wtq @ 82 degree weather.
The exhaust #2 with software results are: 394 whp and 297 wtq @ 70 degree weather.

The baseline and exhaust #1 have the same STD correction: 1.02, because the runs were in identical weather; but exhaust #2 has a correction of 0.99, because exhaust #2 dyno was done in 10 degree colder weather. 1.02-0.99 = 0.3 difference, which is 3%. As many know, every 10 degrees colder weather, will show a 3% higher reading(more power) difference on the same car, same dyno. In order to really compare these results, as if all runs were done in the same weather, 3% of the total output reading the exhaust #2 shows need to be deducted, because 10 degrees colder weather will show 3% higher output. By deducting that 3% off the results from exhaust #2, and factoring in the same weather to match the base line's and exhaust #1's weather, would bring exhaust #2 peak power down to 382 whp and 288 wtq (not 394whp, 297 wtq), that is the correct gain reading for exhaust #2 with software. 18 whp and 9 wtq more than the baseline, and only 10 wtq more than exhaust #1 without any HP gain, being that exhaust #2 has more back pressure that exhaust #1 loses.
Completely incorrect. The correction factor has already taken the "colder weather" into account. That is why the cold weather pull is at .99! With all due respect, please ask Vic how that works when you are over at Champion Motorsports.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Premium Sponsor
JMD0977,

I am not sure about all of this hostility but I would like to point a few things…
  1. GT3Ranger came to us to get a system that would give him what he was personally looking for. How I see it, there are not to many exhaust manufacturers that are willing to work with an individual to give him a custom system. The systems that we built for Ranger were not originally being offered, they were not an off the shelf system. That is the beauty of dealing with FVD and M&M we can make what you want. Think about that for a minute, M&M make exhaust’s for Cup Car’s and RSR’s for Motorsports and they will make a system, a CUSTOM for your GT3 as well!!
  2. Having said that, maybe it sheds a little more light on the timeline for the dyno runs. The RSR bypass run was done on 11/16/2009. We then asked M&M to produce the new center muffler, we didn’t have the muffler at that time otherwise we would have done the testing the same day. It took time for M&M to make the most powerful design they could and send the muffler to us. Not to mention the Christmas and New Year holiday’s were mixed in at that time. That is why our last pull was made on 1/4/2010.
1.02-0.99 = 0.3 difference, which is 3%
The dyno software has already corrected for the intake temperature, the humidity, etc. That is why you have the different 1.02 & .99 values. Since you will be over at Champion Motorsports just ask Vic to explain that to you. Or if you would like I will give you the number to our lead programmer in Germany who will explain it to you. Your point is mute. I noticed that you didn’t mention our mid range hp gains or our mid range torque gains. I am sure that the vast majority of GT3 owners would agree that power between 3,000 & 5,000 rpms is of greatest importance to them. You also mentioned
states 25+ HP/ 25+TQ with this system(without software, which yours has) and didn’t even reach that claim
If you are just checking the facts then please make sure that the facts are correct. Our website clearly states + 25 crank hp & + 25 crank torque with use of stock center muffler for BES 997 092 60SR that is for “exhaust #2”. It also clearly states + 25 crank hp and + 25 crank torque for BES 997 092 60SRS “exhaust # 3”. We have exceeded our claims on exhaust # 3 and if you would like I will post the dyno sheet for our headers and cats using the stock muffler which you will see also exceeded our claims. So the following statement that you made
To anyone spending almost $6K for that stainless steel system, it should matter when it does not produce the power advertised. PERIOD.
is incorrect.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 03-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
[quote=JMD0977;2743420 Man up and move on.

What? Man up? Bucky you have no fukin idea. Ven aca consorte tu insiste ponerte personal? Yo no he dicho nunca nada personal pero tu has insistido tirar el primer gorpe.

And again Ranger, I did not come in this thread claiming any superiority of Akrapovic over FVD.[/quote]

As they say politically, how disingenuos. You came on here asking, probing and wanting to stick your finger in the eye. Fine I don't give $h!t but don't give me the moral high groud crap. BS.
You came on itching and spoiling for a fight. IS THAT IT!
You're tired of my BS well I'm tired of your BS.
Call me kindergarden, your rant was a rant. Let me give you some back. What that M3 must have not been so great after all that money that you dumped it. Or did you get that for free too.
Bucky I am happy with my system but you sure sound very insecure about yours that you must challenge and go on your rants.
Yeah I maybe ranting now but only because I'm tired of trying to play nice with YOU!
You don't like it, you disagree, fine, say so and take a walk.
I'm tired of your crap.
Oh and I'll be waiting for your 50 rwhp gains.
Price for price and gains vs. gains FVD wins. *** titanium what did you save 10 lbs more?
Ha si que sosio, si tu quieres quitarte los guantes, este singao que esta aqui ha estado en el culo del mundo y el infierno. Todovia estoy parado y mira que ha tratado de matarme. Pero de eso no se habla. Estamos claro o ayi que discutirlo mas?
As far as I'm concern this is over mister. (is it?)
Oh almost forgot, hey mr. "I totally agree" skipper where are your dyno results? Your car sounded good but not great, IMO.

Fukin rant over. At least I recognize it as such.

Ranger

Old 03-01-2010, 01:08 PM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
With the help of FVD, my ECU has been tuned. I'm happy!!
Time to go to the dyno.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – GT3 Rangers quest for an extremely potent exhaust & software package