GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

FVD Brombacher – GT3 Rangers quest for an extremely potent exhaust & software package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
On Pole,

Glad to hear, please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-01-2010, 04:50 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
As they say politically, how disingenuos. You came on here asking, probing and wanting to stick your finger in the eye. Fine I don't give $h!t but don't give me the moral high groud crap. BS.
You came on itching and spoiling for a fight. IS THAT IT!
You're tired of my BS well I'm tired of your BS.
Call me kindergarden, your rant was a rant. Let me give you some back. What that M3 must have not been so great after all that money that you dumped it. Or did you get that for free too.
Bucky I am happy with my system but you sure sound very insecure about yours that you must challenge and go on your rants.
Yeah I maybe ranting now but only because I'm tired of trying to play nice with YOU!
You don't like it, you disagree, fine, say so and take a walk.
I'm tired of your crap.
Oh and I'll be waiting for your 50 rwhp gains.
Price for price and gains vs. gains FVD wins. *** titanium what did you save 10 lbs more?
Ha si que sosio, si tu quieres quitarte los guantes, este singao que esta aqui ha estado en el culo del mundo y el infierno. Todovia estoy parado y mira que ha tratado de matarme. Pero de eso no se habla. Estamos claro o ayi que discutirlo mas?
As far as I'm concern this is over mister. (is it?)
Oh almost forgot, hey mr. "I totally agree" skipper where are your dyno results? Your car sounded good but not great, IMO.

Fukin rant over. At least I recognize it as such.

Ranger
Asere, cuando te pase esto:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZfwuCjbBDk

Has esto:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuXGr...eature=related

Repeat as needed

BTW, that convertible M3 RD Sport stroker (4.6 V8 instead of 4.0 V8) has 540 HP/410 TQ, but weight 4100 lbs and wanted something different to track, hence the GT3. Never paid anywhere near retail since it was a development car and the new owner and I have an agreement that if he ever wants to sell it, he must offer it to me first. Little did you know.

All bs aside, looking forward the TT ASR M5 results, whenever its done...

Old 03-01-2010, 05:09 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Completely incorrect. The correction factor has already taken the "colder weather" into account. That is why the cold weather pull is at .99! With all due respect, please ask Vic how that works when you are over at Champion Motorsports.
Rhonda, any good tuner knows that 10 degree weather change will result in 3% power output difference across the RPM band, regardless of the of the correction factor tying to correct it. Colder air will always show more power. Always, even if corrected.
For example, my 2010 GT3 put down 414 whp STD corrected. The pull was done at 73 degree weather. 2 weeks later, the car was put on the same dyno (dynojet) and it was 85 degree weather. The car put down 401 whp STD. 3% difference. Why? Because of the hotter weather, even though the SAME correction was used. The car was completely stock in both runs.

If you dyno Ranger's car, in 80 degree weather on the same dyno, which would be the same weather as the first 2 dynos, the results will be in par with what I stated earlier.

Per your other post,
I didnt need to mention the gains in the mid-range, because those gains would be reduced by 3% as well across the rpm. Not just the peak.

Last edited by GT1; 03-01-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:59 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure why this thread has so much hostility toward FVD? If ever there was a "tuner" company that delivered, it is FVD. I remain very happy with my full FVD exhaust system and ECU flash. I have found FVD to consistently under promise and over-deliver.

If someone wants to start "policing" performance claims, FVD is the last place to be looking, or deserving of being looked at. I have zero reason to believe they are anything but 100% credible in their claims.

Just another happy customer...

Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sayboy
Not sure why this thread has so much hostility toward FVD? If ever there was a "tuner" company that delivered, it is FVD. I remain very happy with my full FVD exhaust system and ECU flash. I have found FVD to consistently under promise and over-deliver.

If someone wants to start "policing" performance claims, FVD is the last place to be looking, or deserving of being looked at. I have zero reason to believe they are anything but 100% credible in their claims.

Just another happy customer...
+2, completely agree

Old 03-02-2010, 10:43 AM
MJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the rough
I don't know who claimed what, but I'm sure FVD can back their claims. I don't see them changing their business philosophy of under promise and over deliver because of an exhaust.

And yeah the one with the center muffler delete is IMHO, the best, most wicked sounding exhaust on a GT3RS!

Old 03-02-2010, 11:15 AM
GTS-R is on a distinguished road
That is a nice looking exhaust, especially the headers. Is there any resonance/drone?

Old 03-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MJSpeed
I don't know who claimed what, but I'm sure FVD can back their claims. I don't see them changing their business philosophy of under promise and over deliver because of an exhaust.

And yeah the one with the center muffler delete is IMHO, the best, most wicked sounding exhaust on a GT3RS!
You are absolutely correct.
Members this video is MJSpeed's GT3RS. Check it out and listen up,
All I can say is, Akrapo-who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGpPGm0k8HU

Hey JMD0, my kids play looking for videos too. Oh and yeah I've broken many things with extreme prejudice. It's called combat, "being in the $h!t"
You really have a constipated obscession?
I say again skipper, where are your dynos?

Ranger

Old 03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
DanH has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by JMD0977
Rhonda, any good tuner knows that 10 degree weather change will result in 3% power output difference across the RPM band, regardless of the of the correction factor tying to correct it. Colder air will always show more power. Always, even if corrected.
For example, my 2010 GT3 put down 414 whp STD corrected. The pull was done at 73 degree weather. 2 weeks later, the car was put on the same dyno (dynojet) and it was 85 degree weather. The car put down 401 whp STD. 3% difference. Why? Because of the hotter weather, even though the SAME correction was used. The car was completely stock in both runs.

If you dyno Ranger's car, in 80 degree weather on the same dyno, which would be the same weather as the first 2 dynos, the results will be in par with what I stated earlier.

Per your other post,
I didnt need to mention the gains in the mid-range, because those gains would be reduced by 3% as well across the rpm. Not just the peak.

That makes no sense. In what capacity is it a correction factor if it can't create comparable results in different weather conditions. Makes the whole concept of a dyno redundant!

Now I'm not saying people are competent at using dynos, or don't cheat them, but I don't see your point being correct if looking at a correct graph rather than whp.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
You are absolutely correct.
Members this video is MJSpeed's GT3RS. Check it out and listen up,
All I can say is, Akrapo-who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGpPGm0k8HU

Hey JMD0, my kids play looking for videos too. Oh and yeah I've broken many things with extreme prejudice. It's called combat, "being in the $h!t"
You really have a constipated obscession?
I say again skipper, where are your dynos?

Ranger

WOW, that is the best sounding GT3 I have heard yet.......insane

Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM
MJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MJSpeed
...And yeah the one with the center muffler delete is IMHO, the best, most wicked sounding exhaust on a GT3RS!
Originally Posted by nyamg
WOW, that is the best sounding GT3 I have heard yet.......insane
Thanks!! That's how I feel...I know I'm biased.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
CarGuy56 will become famous soon enough
wow sounds great and nice performance bumps

Even God will be awaken by System 1 model

Old 03-02-2010, 09:57 PM
What are the differences between GT3Ranger's and MJSpeeds exhaust systems?

Old 03-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTS-R
What are the differences between GT3Ranger's and MJSpeeds exhaust systems?
MJSpeeds FVD 1 system:

GT3Ranger (mine) FVD2 system:

M&M worked with FVD to design the rear center section after several re-do's to finally get the right set up. The headers and cats are the exact same.
MJSpeeds (Marcelo's) set up is insane. The neighbors must hate him.
We love our systems! HOORAH!
The RS feels so good that I'm foolish enough to plan a rolling run against my "Blackhawk" (E60 M5, 468 rwhp). Oh for all the doubters and haters, the TT S85 is coming baby and Steve( the other being built) and I will be laughing!

Ranger

Old 03-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks Ranger. How much quieter is your exhaust with the rear muffler? Any resonance?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – GT3 Rangers quest for an extremely potent exhaust & software package