GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2010 GT3 RS front fender flare added to another 997 possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:04 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion

wooooowwwwwooooowww...that looks amazing! Champion what is wrong with you?! why was this not posted up!!!! Nice work

Old 08-19-2010, 08:47 PM
cyklonz is on a distinguished road
Champ. also need the quote. pm sent

Old 08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Hey Champ,
I'm very much interested, I only need to know what spacer width to use on the front wheels? And considering the roads are bad, I mean 'really' bad around here, what would be the effect of using such spacers, 5mm or 7mm, to my steering wheel, handling and coilover setup?
If all good, I'd like Justin to please get in touch with me.
Thank you!

Old 08-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
Hey Champ,
I'm very much interested, I only need to know what spacer width to use on the front wheels? And considering the roads are bad, I mean 'really' bad around here, what would be the effect of using such spacers, 5mm or 7mm, to my steering wheel, handling and coilover setup?
If all good, I'd like Justin to please get in touch with me.
Thank you!
Earth,
We currently a 7mm spacers running on the vehicles that we locally installed the RS fender flairs on. In regards to the harsh road conditions in your area, you wont be any worse off running a spacer on your setup VS stock.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Banned
gt2urbo will become famous soon enoughgt2urbo will become famous soon enough
what size tires can u run. im running 285 in front right now

Old 08-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Really don't get the point of Porsche ever developing these extensions specifically for the RS.2 as they are nothing more than cosmetic if one does not cut the arches (as per exactly what Porsche also does on their cars from the factory) as then one would not be putting any wider rubber or wheels than could have been installed without the arch extensions added.

This also brings me back to my view that the .2 RS is a great piece of marketing... the front arches and the slightly wider rubber really were nothing to shout about over the 997.1 RS and the fatter rubber could have been done without spending all that money making the wider arch extensions and indicators and yet the press were falling over themselves talking about the wheel arch extensions when more of the handling was gained from the engine mounts, revised suspension etc.... we have all been stuffing wider rubber up front with proper negative track camber long before Porsche figured it out and Porsche felt it necessary to spend so much designing the indicators and the arch extensions to fit marginally wider rubber on arches which are not cut in the .2 RS as per the cars I have inspected (basically they just wanted to shout out to the world that they finally figured that fatter rubber up front made a difference and to announce it clearly stuck the arch extensions on more as a statement than anything. Kinda sucks as I always prized Porsche as going for function over form.... I they had got the extensions with cut arches underneath and 285's up front, that would have rocked.

BUT I must say they look stunning on the silver Carrera and would make a great aesthetic improvement for anyone wanting to make their car look more agressive.

Sorry for the slight off topic rant

Last edited by Harold; 08-25-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:23 AM
jamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to behold
can this be done on a 997.1 tt?

Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jamuz
can this be done on a 997.1 tt?
Sure can. We have done a few of those locally as well.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:28 AM
jamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to beholdjamuz is a splendid one to behold
any pics? wondering how it looks with the snaggletooth nose we are stuck with!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jamuz
any pics? wondering how it looks with the snaggletooth nose we are stuck with!
I apologize but our photographer was out that day. We were unable to capture photos . The end result looked great though.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:44 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
I apologize but our photographer was out that day. We were unable to capture photos . The end result looked great though.
Can't wait to see! Champion rocks, as always!

Old 12-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Sure can. We have done a few of those locally as well.
Champion,
I have received my set of GT3 Cup fender flares (more aggressive than RS) but decided not to install them, because of the need for cutting/bending.
They are still in package, never been painted or installed, even touched.
Would you consider trading them for the 2010 RS versions with the larger side repeaters, and I'm willing to pay if there is a price difference.

Please help me out with this! I need a few more parts from you as well! Pm me.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:18 AM
AJ997S will become famous soon enough
PM pricing Champion. Thanks.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Champion,
What would be the appropriate spacer size for the fronts?
Please pm me a quote! Suncoast says $1,095.

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
wooooowwwwwooooowww...that looks amazing! Champion what is wrong with you?! why was this not posted up!!!! Nice work

Old 12-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
Champion,
What would be the appropriate spacer size for the fronts?
Please pm me a quote! Suncoast says $1,095.
You can run either a 7mm or 10mm spacer on the front of this application. We've used both depending on the customers request.

Pics were posted months ago.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 RS front fender flare added to another 997 possible?