GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Is a $72k GT3 (2007) a good deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:20 PM
RS4-Brian will become famous soon enoughRS4-Brian will become famous soon enough
Is a $72k GT3 (2007) a good deal?

I found a 1 owner 2007 GT3 which the owner is willing to part with for $72k. It's guards red, 24k miles (some track miles), and has a good service history. It has sport chrono, an RS lightweight fly wheel & pully, limited slip, sound package, nav, bi-xenons but that's about it. The only option I would really like to have that it doesn't have is full leather but I think I can live with that. The car has some rock chips on the front but nothing too bad.

Is $72k a good deal? I actually wasn't even considering a GT3 until I saw the price on this one.

Any and all feedback is welcome!

Last edited by RS4-Brian; 03-19-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:38 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RS4-Brian
I found a 1 owner 2007 GT3 which the owner is willing to part with for $72k. It's guards red, 24k miles (some track miles), and has a good service history. It has sport chrono, an RS lightweight fly wheel & pully, limited slip, sound package, nav, bi-xenons but that's about it. The only option I would really like to have that it doesn't have it full leather but I think I can live with that. The car has some rock chips on the front but nothing too bad.

Is $72k a good deal? I actually wasn't even considering a GT3 until I saw the price on this one.

Any and all feedback is welcome!
I've been searching and that's the lowest I've seen... I think that is a good and fair price for the miles.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:41 PM
jakegt3 is on a distinguished road
That's a very good price if there is nothing wrong with the car. PPI is a must.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:24 PM
FLM911 is on a distinguished road
Looked for the longest time for a 997.1 GT3 before taking a different route. This sounds a great deal. You MUST get a full PPI imho.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:59 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
That's as cheap as I've seen!!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I si\old mine last week for 78K, dealer offered 73K trade in..
Mine was very well taken care of and very clean but 17K miles, probably 3-4 K on track.. I had several takers at that price.

If the car is clean, no damge with history, it is a great deal!!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:51 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
good price

Old 03-19-2010, 08:27 PM
RS4-Brian will become famous soon enoughRS4-Brian will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the input...I put a deposit down with the guy 5 minutes ago. A previous potential buyer did the DME scan and while I haven't seen the printout yet the owner says it shows 18 in zone1 and then 0's for zone 2-6. From what I understand this translates to something like 4/10 of a second in that range total for the life of the engine. Considering it's a GT3 I don't see any reason to be concerned.

I'm going to schedule a PPI and hopefully have her in my garage in a week or so. The car has been wrenched exclusively by John Gladwell at Boardwalk Porsche and by all accounts John is considered a top notch mechanic.

Thanks for all the input...I feel like I've gotten a great deal.

Pics to follow if/when I pick her up.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Salespunk is on a distinguished road
Congrats, that sounds like a very good deal.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:06 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RS4-Brian
Thanks for the input...I put a deposit down with the guy 5 minutes ago. A previous potential buyer did the DME scan and while I haven't seen the printout yet the owner says it shows 18 in zone1 and then 0's for zone 2-6. From what I understand this translates to something like 4/10 of a second in that range total for the life of the engine. Considering it's a GT3 I don't see any reason to be concerned.

I'm going to schedule a PPI and hopefully have her in my garage in a week or so. The car has been wrenched exclusively by John Gladwell at Boardwalk Porsche and by all accounts John is considered a top notch mechanic.

Thanks for all the input...I feel like I've gotten a great deal.

Pics to follow if/when I pick her up.
Gladwell has a tip top reputation and the type 1 over rev means it has hit the rev limiter... nothing to worry about...

PPI by gladwell and if he gives you the thumbs up, this is a great deal

Old 03-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping Gladwell can do it for me either tomorrow or Monday. The owner seems to know him well (gave me Gladwell's personal cell number tonight to talk about the car) so hopefully he'll hook me up so I can take her home asap! The 4 hour drive from Dallas to San Antonio should be great fun...

Old 03-19-2010, 09:31 PM
guzziboy is on a distinguished road
I would say pretty fair but prices seem to be coming down a little in my opinion a little high for those miles should be able to buy that car for 70k or less.
Example I paid 76k for one with 10k miles on it 5 months ago and spent over a year looking for the right car and turned down at least a half a dozen offers and in the end thought I made a very good purchase similarly equipped plus nav and leather.
P.S. Also ditto from above I had two PPI's from different shops because I was buying it sight unseen to assure my purchase and would never spend that kind of money without one even if I witnessed it first hand.

Last edited by guzziboy; 03-19-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 PM
sprinty_rs4 is on a distinguished road
Its a good deal. Came from a RS4 myself. Don't want to prejudice your decision but you'll be glad you bought it. Try and see if a local dealer will CPO it for you if you precede with a purchase.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Tim Kay is on a distinguished road
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...nal-offer.html

I don't think it's still available but gives you an idea of price

Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 PM
rapidsequence is on a distinguished road
Congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is a $72k GT3 (2007) a good deal?