Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 EVOMSit ECU Tuning - worth it or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I know many others have had success with this mod but I only brought this old sore point because it was just one of those thing where it's just my bad luck.
Now to your comments. All the above has and was discussed.
My ECU was sent to EVOM (over 7 day turnaround) and every single mod that my GT3 had was directly informed. So all was known or should have been. So to the who, where and what was done to my ECU. The answer is EVOM.
So am I to understand that if one has 200 cell cats this won't work?
If a fault is to be stated, it was not on my side.
Bottom line, I was a loser.

Ranger
Hi Ranger, for sure... it's pretty much a slam dunk when the variables are kept the same. We've dyno'd it outside of just EVOMS many times (in fact the 2010 creation was done off-site in Norcal at Stasis for example) and always been happy. I do think something just wasn't right on your set up because the software has been proven over and over. In terms of the file creation itself it was based upon specifically a _stock_ GT3, with our street exhaust and then with our track exhaust. Those are the tuned files that we sell/install. As for your car obviously you have a markedly different exhaust set up. High flow cats and your headers absolutely do affect things tremendously. The back pressure alone and heat ranges measured at the 02 sensor are going to be outside of the range I would imagine and then the car would likely run in limp mode. That's not to say you couldn't get a different/custom tune based on your mods and in fact that's just what Mike@AWD has done as have others when installing different set ups. There's no reason for you to feel like a looser as there's a 45 day money-back thing for starters but the other thing you could do is go to Mike's dyno and get a custom file made. What I can tell you without a doubt is that providing the gas/temps etc.. are all comparable if you run a bone stock GT3 vs an EVOMSit tuned one you will pick up the stated HP. Same thing if you run it with our exhaust/s and the specific file. Running with your exhaust and software tuned for the other specific set ups wasn't the right way to go about it so if that wasn't explained it should have been I'm guessing FVD in Germany probably has software specific to the header/cat set up that you have and it may well be a better fit your car? If it were me... that's probably the way I would go to be honest since it's in their interest to make software specific for your hardware. If we had the time/money I sure would invest in the time/effort to do that on our side but we haven't.

So in sum, you can always a before and after since you're close to AWD and perhaps with some measurements and a custom tune you should be able to get something out of it. We just don't run high-flow cats on the GT3s out here a) because of the change in heat ranges b) we track so much and all the cats fall apart very quickly and dish out CELs and c) we have to pass smog. I've actually even tried different high-flow cat/header set ups on my 3.9 and lost power...

Last edited by sharkster; 01-31-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
First let me say Mike, you are trying to flame me. Are we clear?
What's with the "always" comment? I mentioned this once before well after it happened and now.
When have I ever "derailed" an EVOM thread??
When this happened I said nothing. Didn't come on and say boo about my experience. I sucked it up and didn't even ask for my money back.
I stood down and walked away. So I do not know where the hell you're coming from.
I have never stated any negative comments about EVOM. Please show me all the "always" you're talking about.
I know you know everything. I will tell you a few months ago I met and spoke with Todd in Miami and everything was cool yet you come on here and flame.
I can not have a discussion with the "all knowing". Oh btw you were wrong about the stock boost level on the F10 M5. Just saying.
I'm done talking.
Good day to you sir.

Ranger
Ill pretend you didnt even reply.. as if ASR finished the car.. HAHA take care..

Mike

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; 01-31-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Drive my car in the next month. You bring yours and we can compare. I would actually like to see and feel the difference. You will also get to hear my track exhaust. I will bet you call Alex within 15 mins of us departing.
Hehe everyone within a 2 mile radius might

Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hehe everyone within a 2 mile radius might
Only Kumar. He's in Dallas area and has an awesome 10 GT3 that needs some sound and power. Y'all have the recipe. I've got proof.

Last edited by cc08gt2; 02-01-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
See... pilot sport cups and cold/rain don't mix too well And I ran away from the rain in England...
Move to Tampa Florida, not much rain and when it does rain it's only a hour or so and then the sun is out. 93 octane too plus Sebring, Daytona and Homestead all close by. Plus home and business taxes car txes and so forth are much cheaper than Cali.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Ill pretend you didnt even reply.. as if ASR finished the car.. HAHA take care..

Mike
So I get drawn back in!
What is your problem?
First answer my questions I asked you. Prove your "always" comment.
Next when did I ever make any mention of my car and ASR?
When did i say anything in here about my M5?
You need to read my sig sir.
My comment above about the F10 M5 relates to a discussion we had last year.
You argued w/ me that the new M5 would not run a stock boost of 21 psi. You challenged me and called me stupid. Well you were wrong. Check it out sir.
Though I am digressing as you have and that pisses me off.
So to quote you, "I pretend you didn't respond".
Enough said, I'd rather do a percutaneous transluminal endovascular stent recontruction on myself without sedation then talk to you.
You I know I am a moron and you know everything.

Ranger

Old 02-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Ranger,

When we met in Florida over the summer, I thought we discussed that there was more going on with your car than I had control over. When the ECU was sent in from another company, it was indicated that the ECU was 100% stock. I mentioned to the company that sent it in that something was not right with the ECU and it look modified already. They indicated that it was 100% stock and I modified the software in the ECU rather than writing over it. I came to find out, after you were having problems, that the ECU was previously modified and I had made changes to an ECU that already had changes in it. Due to the way the ECU was modified, it was now modified with 2 tunes that were not compatible, thus the loss in power. The ECU then came back again and I was told to return the ECU to stock which I did and returned it back to the company that sent it in.

I explained this when we spoke and I also told you that I NEVER charged that company for the tune because we never ended up installing a complete tune in your ECU and furthermore you were not satisfied. I mentioned that you should call them directly to get your money back because it was not right for you to be out the money on something that was (1) not right - due to the misunderstanding about the status of your ECU when sent in and (2) we reverted your ECU back to stock and never supplied one of our actual tunes.

I hope this clears things up. If I am missing some details, please let me know. Take care, Todd

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
So it's not possible to tune a care previously tuned? Interesting. Never heard nor knew that. Can it be retuned after going back to stock?

Old 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Ranger,

When we met in Florida over the summer, I thought we discussed that there was more going on with your car than I had control over. When the ECU was sent in from another company, it was indicated that the ECU was 100% stock. I mentioned to the company that sent it in that something was not right with the ECU and it look modified already. They indicated that it was 100% stock and I modified the software in the ECU rather than writing over it. I came to find out, after you were having problems, that the ECU was previously modified and I had made changes to an ECU that already had changes in it. Due to the way the ECU was modified, it was now modified with 2 tunes that were not compatible, thus the loss in power. The ECU then came back again and I was told to return the ECU to stock which I did and returned it back to the company that sent it in.

I explained this when we spoke and I also told you that I NEVER charged that company for the tune because we never ended up installing a complete tune in your ECU and furthermore you were not satisfied. I mentioned that you should call them directly to get your money back because it was not right for you to be out the money on something that was (1) not right - due to the misunderstanding about the status of your ECU when sent in and (2) we reverted your ECU back to stock and never supplied one of our actual tunes.

I hope this clears things up. If I am missing some details, please let me know. Take care, Todd
Thanks for clearing things up a little.. There is always 2 sides to every story and if Ranger paid someone for a tune it looks like he should make a phone call and find out why since that company was never charged..

Mike

Old 02-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
So it's not possible to tune a care previously tuned? Interesting. Never heard nor knew that. Can it be retuned after going back to stock?
An ECU can be "re tuned" without a problem. When the ECU arrived, I read it out and it did not look totally stock. Since there are many different software variations from the factory, some files look different than others. I questioned the software that was in the ECU thus my call to the dealer who was working with the client. They swore up and down it was stock so I went with it. If I knew the software was modified already, I would have erased all of the data in the EPROM and loaded a complete new file in it. I dont create a "Generic" tune and load it in every ECU. There are minor differences with the OEM software and I like to load back in it the base software that the ECU had in it. Hope this clears that up. Thanks

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 02-01-2011, 06:27 PM
PBR ME is infamous around these partsPBR ME is infamous around these parts
Todds explanation of all of this, and his taking the time to post and explain makes me want to do this even more now!

Todd, does Nate still work there?

Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by PBR ME
Todds explanation of all of this, and his taking the time to post and explain makes me want to do this even more now!

Todd, does Nate still work there?
It's pretty neat/fun stuff at the core and I'll show you a couple of tuning vids we made from last year (uber-geek stuff), which you usually don't see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJw8QFp3fVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G5mx0Tym7A

And there's a good section half-way through this one too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeLcvgOVzQ

Old 02-02-2011, 09:53 AM
maroli is infamous around these partsmaroli is infamous around these parts

Enough said, I'd rather do a percutaneous transluminal endovascular stent recontruction ...

Ranger
haha, awesome.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:10 PM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Yes please do and see you tomorrow
Hello Mr Shark , Do you have a tune for the 2011 GT3 RS yet? And if you do what HP/Torque numbers are you get with the tune?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by spyderman
Hello Mr Shark , Do you have a tune for the 2011 GT3 RS yet? And if you do what HP/Torque numbers are you get with the tune?
Absolutely we do We've had it since just after the car was released last year and done a few Software by itself nets 12hp and 10tq. With the exhaust you get a bit more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 EVOMSit ECU Tuning - worth it or not?