GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

BMC Drop In Filter 4 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:04 AM
motoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of light
BMC Drop In Filter 4 GT3

What do you guys think about the BMC Filters - I bought one for about 150$ im just afraid about installation, and performance. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ilter-gt3.html

Old 05-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
I ordered one too. It's a lot less restrictive over the stock filter. May be good for a few hp but not much. My filter should be in on monday. If you would like I can take pictures when I install it.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:32 AM
motoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of lightmotoboyjack is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

YES Please! That would be of great help, as for other forum members. Please Remember to do so, that would be so great of you. sdxa
Originally Posted by Scott997
I ordered one too. It's a lot less restrictive over the stock filter. May be good for a few hp but not much. My filter should be in on monday. If you would like I can take pictures when I install it.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Also another + is that it will probably have a more throatier sound when it opens up at around 4k-rpm - Im going to install my today, take her out tonight, and report back when you install yours.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Im also down in Jersey... Allenhurst, New Jersey - (Jersey Shore)

Old 05-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Cool, I'd love to invite you to the New Jersey Motor sports park for a member day. PM me if you are interested and I can look at the schedule. Member days are a lot more quiet the the PCA events.

I will def post pics of the install. I'm hoping for more intake noise too! That's really why I bought it. lol

Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Thumbs up

PM Sent - will look forward to install.
Originally Posted by Scott997
Cool, I'd love to invite you to the New Jersey Motor sports park for a member day. PM me if you are interested and I can look at the schedule. Member days are a lot more quiet the the PCA events.

I will def post pics of the install. I'm hoping for more intake noise too! That's really why I bought it. lol

Old 05-22-2010, 09:50 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey fellas well all I can say is that they are re-usable and last a lot longer than a paper one (stock) but even on the 3.9L 500hp builds there no performance delta etc... or any change in sound either Sorry!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:54 AM
+PLUS Cleaner Air!
Originally Posted by sharkster
hey fellas well all I can say is that they are re-usable and last a lot longer than a paper one (stock) but even on the 3.9L 500hp builds there no performance delta etc... or any change in sound either Sorry!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Or just hook us up on some HP boosting goodies...! (give me btr price on those tip) cough cough
Originally Posted by sharkster

Old 05-24-2010, 08:34 AM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
For those that used these, how prone are the BMC oiled filters to fouling a MAF in a 997 GT3? I went through this nightmare in my 996 with other brand oiled filter(and I mean just lightly oiled)...probably 4-5 MAF sensors.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Its a great filter and I would highly recommend it for the GT3.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:43 AM
10GT3 will become famous soon enough10GT3 will become famous soon enough
from my experience, if filter is over oiled, and maf sets off cel, just pull the maf and clean with maf sensor cleaner and replace. no need to buy new one.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:18 PM
BMC air filter 997.2 GT3 Install

My BMC Filter arrived today. There's been a few questions about it in the forum. I took a few pictures and will give basic install instructions.

If you've ever seen BMC filters in person before they are significantly higher quality then stock. They do NOT feel oily. I have been using BMC filters for years on multiple vehicle applications and have never been disappointed or had a problem.

Gently pull straight up on the airbox, lift it up out of the rubber grommets. then as you pull out box put a towel under it so you don't scratch anything.

Continue to next post.

Attached Images     
Old 05-24-2010, 02:19 PM
The only tool you need is a nubby philips head screwdriver.
You will notice the screws going around the top of the box. They also go around to the bottom as well. Unscrew them just past the nut. Don't remove them all the way.

Now that you have loosened all of the screws, including the ones on the side and bottom, gently remove the front part of the airbox. Now pull out factory air filter, and replace it with your bmc filter.

Ok now that you fit in the filter, time to put it back together. Line the 2 parts of the boxes together and start tightening up the screws by hand. After you have them all tightened a little, use your screwdriver and tighten them all up the rest of the way. Now carefully, slide the box back into the rubber grommets.

Finished

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMC Drop In Filter 4 GT3