GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Only dislike in 2010 GT3,stereo-Help with Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:59 AM
rosenbergendo is an unknown quantity at this point
Only dislike in 2010 GT3,stereo-Help with Upgrade

I know the engine has one of the most awesome sounds in the automotive world. BUT there are times where I would like some better sounding music. I have the base system (no Sound Package Plus) and was wondering about what lightweight things I could do to improve it. What sizes are the front drivers and cant you add speakers in to the back spots where the speakers go for Sound package plus or Bose cars? Since the CDR30 is non-digital couldnt I just add a small lightweight 50X4 amp and change the front speakers to like JL or focals and add the same ones in the rear spots. Not expensive, should look totally stock, and might add 5 pounds. Any recs would be great.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Born2Run is just really niceBorn2Run is just really niceBorn2Run is just really niceBorn2Run is just really niceBorn2Run is just really nice
I got my car with the sound package plus since I like listening to music while driving. I wanted a good sounding stereo. That changed once I actually got the GT3. I think I've listened to my stereo maybe twice since I got my car in January. I like the sound of the engine...especially with the SharkWerks Bypass. Forget the stereo upgrade...install the bypass. You won't be disappointed.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:29 AM
JP66 will become famous soon enoughJP66 will become famous soon enough
If you want to listen to music now and again, what about investing in a great set of earphones, like JH Audio, and an iPod? No weight added or extra stuff added to your car...

Old 06-21-2010, 12:50 AM
masmole is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JP66
If you want to listen to music now and again, what about investing in a great set of earphones, like JH Audio, and an iPod? No weight added or extra stuff added to your car...
Are you seriously suggesting wearing earphones while driving?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 AM
808GT3 is on a distinguished road
i got the sound package plus it sux. maybe the bose option would have been better?.!

Old 06-21-2010, 10:10 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Born2Run
I like the sound of the engine...especially with the SharkWerks Bypass. Forget the stereo upgrade...install the bypass. You won't be disappointed.
LOL thanks pal!

Old 06-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
yeah turn off the radio, and roll down the window

thats the best sounding music out there

Old 07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
neuroguru will become famous soon enoughneuroguru will become famous soon enough
Rosenbergendo,

It is odd how little the Venn diagrams of audiophiles and Porsche-0-philes overlap. You would think you can appreciate one fine driving instrument, why not fine instruments for musical reproduction? Anyway, we are in the exact same boat. I love music and yearn for great hi-fi in the car: great imaging, voice and bass reproduction.

I have had the high-end Focals, Audison, Alpine in my other Porsches and was satisfied. I got real tired of the MB Quart harshness many years ago.

I just picked up a 2010 GT3 with the same stereo as yours, knowing it would be upgrade time stat. I am leaning towards Focals, with a 100x4 amp. I am not sure a sub is even worth it. Those low frequencies come from the GMG exhaust! I am going to reassess the current car hi-fi options.

I'll let you know where I go with the system.

PS - My manuals aren't in yet and the tech was no help on this: I cannot get the PCM to detect my harddrive or flashdrive with MP3s on them when plugged into the USB port. Do they have to be FAT32 or NTFS?

Thanks.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:11 PM
rosenbergendo is an unknown quantity at this point
Havent done it yet but my setup will be Focal 6.5 components in the front. Alpine Class D digital amp PDX-F4 under the passenger seat. Rear I am trying to find Focal 6 inch sub or I may go with JL 6W3's. Supposedly this setup will fit in all the stock mounts, will look completely stock, and will add minimal weight. Another guy did this same setup and reported a really great result. I will do this in probably one month or so. So far I have been occupied with hard wiring the V-1, installing park control, and getting my door handles and rear center control panel turned into carbon fiber!! I am only waiting on the carbon fiber and then will move on to the stereo stuff even though the best system is with no radio and the sport button pushed!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:35 PM
neuroguru will become famous soon enoughneuroguru will become famous soon enough
Have you done the stereo yet? How did it turn out? What the car really needs is a great back-up camera. I can't see the Fuzz with the big wing and window tint.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:53 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by neuroguru
Have you done the stereo yet? How did it turn out? What the car really needs is a great back-up camera. I can't see the Fuzz with the big wing and window tint.
Huh?
I have elephant ear has seats and I back it right into my trailer with my helmet on
And Hans attavhed

Old 08-18-2010, 11:17 PM
brim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura about
good lightweight option, remove the stero entirely and enjoy that motor!

Old 08-19-2010, 05:20 AM
GT3Fan29 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 808GT3
i got the sound package plus it sux. maybe the bose option would have been better?.!
Is there a Bose option available for the GT3? If so, it would solve the problem.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:42 AM
andytsai is on a distinguished road
i would have gotten the radio delete if it wont' hurt my resale value, the engine sound is just so intoxicating

Old 08-19-2010, 05:51 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
I say radio delete and get an Ipod.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Only dislike in 2010 GT3,stereo-Help with Upgrade