GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Driving Fast 101

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 11:27 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Driving Fast 101

http://gscdownloads.com/leh/sebring/GT3RSatSebring.wmv

For all the conjecture about intentional or non-inentional wheel-sawing out there...IMO, this guy's doing it because he's driving the snot out of the car and has to correct each time he exceeds his limit of grip--which is pretty often! Watch Lehto in the Audi R8 and he does the same thing, driving on the ragged edge, very physical, very fast.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
It looks like his seat is just sitting on the floor loose - lots of movement.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Ken
Thats a lot of g's on a rough track.

Old 02-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Captain Tal will become famous soon enough
That is one of the coolest track videos I have ever seen. That guy was haulin ***.

Old 02-19-2005, 02:08 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Dude was flying, are all the cars the same specs, cause he even passed those guys on the straight like they were standing still.

Old 02-19-2005, 03:35 PM
harvs is on a distinguished road
nice!

how the heck is he even shifting that fast?!

Old 02-19-2005, 06:40 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Ken
Must've ditched the bolts to cut down on weight.

I'd wager he's got the seat track-mounted and there's some play in the interface.

Old 02-19-2005, 10:38 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Yeah, there's some play in that seat, prob secured to the rollbar now. He is def a hard driver, lightnig shifts.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Banned
BigJay is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
Dude was flying, are all the cars the same specs, cause he even passed those guys on the straight like they were standing still.

No, he was in a GT3RS which is around 425-435hp with the wide track set-up versus the GT3 Cup car which is the narrow body with around 390-405hp. Also the GT3RS has more aero updates, read downforce!! Latest version is GT3RSR with sequential shifting and around 445hp or so. GT3 Cup is does have less drag and can catch up to a GT3RS a little on a real fast track where the drag hurts the RS but in the twisties the RS and RSR will have greater cornering grip with the aero and wider tires/track set-up.

Looks like a lot of fun...

Old 02-20-2005, 11:44 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Also, it looked to me like it's an open track practice day and there are some "gentlemen" out there, while this guy looks to be a real pro. If there were like drivers on the track with him, I'd suspect he wouldn't have been passing so easily, even if the others were just in Cup cars. The moderate hp and downforce differences alone wouldn't make him THAT much faster IMO. I've been on track and seen some very fast cars that weren't being pushed hard, and they were passed by others very easily, easier than they would've if it were under racing conditions with good drivers at the wheel. Still, this guy is a fast fella. I'd like to see him in traffic with Wolf, Boris, etc...That'd be very entertaining!

Old 02-20-2005, 12:14 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Definitely someone who knows the car and track inside out.

Old 02-20-2005, 03:12 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Cool

Thanks for the video.

That is my favorite track.

Old 02-21-2005, 12:25 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Originally posted by carbonissimo
Thanks for the video.
That is my favorite track.
You're welcome! I don't think I've driven my favorite track yet. I've only driven west coast tracks and LV, and there are some amazing looking tracks back east...Road America, Barber, VIR, Atlanta, etc...Got to get out there sometime. Sebring does look very fast, at least out this guy's windshield!

Old 02-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
There is quite a difference between the Cup cars and the GT3-RSR. I would venture to guess the difference is bigger than you might think.

The RSR suspension geometry is completely different than the GT3 Cup. Also, without the intake restrictors, that engine is good for 500hp easy. Couple that with wider tires and sequential shifting plus a vast array of adjustments to the suspension (especially if you run JRZ triples or 4-way) and Motec engine management, and it's not even close.

Obviously if the driver is really, really slow then a pro like Johannes van Overbeek or Cort Wagner will be a lot faster in a Cup car. But I wouldn't underestimate the difference between the two cars, there is a difference why one costs over 200% more!

Old 02-22-2005, 10:14 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Super D
You're welcome! I don't think I've driven my favorite track yet. I've only driven west coast tracks and LV, and there are some amazing looking tracks back east...Road America, Barber, VIR, Atlanta, etc...Got to get out there sometime. Sebring does look very fast, at least out this guy's windshield!
You should see it thru mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving Fast 101