GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Insane custom-fab exhaust by BBI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Insane custom-fab exhaust by BBI

So I took my 2007 GT3-RS to BBI in Huntington Beach for the following:

1.) Replace my current HRE Comp-93's with new HRE CF-43's... wanted black rims for new look and wanted lighter wheels for street use. Will use 93's for track, as they are 18's.

2.) Rebuild LSD by PMNA's main diff guy since it was worn and wanted a more aggressive setup for track.

3.) Replace my Cargraphic Stage-6 exhaust with new custom exhaust and ECU tune with 2 goals in mind, 1.) make it as light as physically possible while keeping most the weight on the sides of motor vs. behind and 2.) make real power and torque.

So I picked it up after a month in the shop and I can't believe it. The car is ridiculous. It pulls harder than I've ever felt. The sensation is violent and the sound is simply insane. It genuinely sounds like a race/rally car.... not a cup... but like an RSR or one of those GT3 rally cars in the vids posted here. It's incredible. And according to the dyno sheets, it's pulling over 400hp to the wheels with gains in mid-range hp and torque. And it shaved a ton of weight off an already lightweight stage-6 system. I will get the exact weight.

And I will post a video of sound in and outside the cabin, as well as the dyno sheet

I am simply blown away. I was originally going to go with a new after-market system like Akrapovic's Ti race. But this system was fully and 100% fabricated for my car with only the best cats and mufflers and pipe available. It looks like a work of art. And the sound is a raspy loud howl I've never heard before. I can't wait to share a video of the sound. Stay tuned!

Here are some preliminary teaser shots!

Big Thanks to Joey, Betim and the guys at BBI for making my RS so bad@ss! Can't wait to hit the track with this beast!

Attached Images      

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 09-15-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
A couple more pics

... here are the HRE CF-43 wheels and another shot of the header.

Attached Images    
Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
nice work by BBI ...looks good! Good guys over there.

What the points of the cross over pipe that connects the 2 mufflers?

And Congrats on the new wheels as well! 2 new toys!

Old 09-15-2010, 04:59 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Very nice looking exhaust. My only concern would be the springs that hold the headers together. They tend to crack or break over time. That is a minor problem and easy fix. If the car is not a daily driver it's not a big deal anyway.

Again, great exhaust. Fresh idea on layout.

-Troy

Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Very nice. Kind of reminds me of a header/exhaust system that Supersprint had developed for the GT3/RS but seemed to have never been released.
Love to see/hear videos. Looks aggressive and loud but I'd love it.
Any dyno results?
If you can PM me more details.

Thank you
Ranger

Old 09-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
BBI,
Keep up the great work.

6speed,
We were fortunate enough to see this system during its development / fabrication stages and were blown away with the quality of the system and workmanship.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:50 AM
eurotrashdtm is on a distinguished road
Looks amazing. Any details on the system? Are those cats, or Burns style mufflers?

Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Nice $$$????

Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 AM
10GT3 will become famous soon enough10GT3 will become famous soon enough
looks great. hope to see you at c & c irvine sometime soon so i can hear it.

alan

Old 09-15-2010, 10:22 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet setup. The BBi Folks are first rate. The tube length on those headers makes me think your low and mid-range torque are much improved vs other systems that kill bottom end. Would love to see a dyno sheet before/after.

Looks like ceramic coating after the headers as well. Very nice quality and attention to detail.

Congrats on an awesome car!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Mark Ducati will become famous soon enoughMark Ducati will become famous soon enough
SWEET!

Any chance we can get a sound clip later?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
heard this in person when they were installing it... and it is RIDICULOUS!!! really captures the raw RS sound, and of course, very loud.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Looks good.. Now get that car to the GTGP @ Laguna Seca Oct 22-24, 2010.
So we can all see and here it perform @ Full SONG!!
Its a NO Sound restriction event!!!

Where are the all the ballers at??????? RS guys lets get those cars to the track...!!!

www.globaltunergp.com

This car looks like a PERFECT entry for BBI!!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eurotrashdtm
Looks amazing. Any details on the system? Are those cats, or Burns style mufflers?
Thanks for the kinds words, They are cats (Geman made HJS Metal)

Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Betim@BBIAutosport
Thanks for the kinds words, They are cats (Geman made HJS Metal)
100 Cel? 200 cel?

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Insane custom-fab exhaust by BBI