GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Stoptech Sport Trophy Big Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sin911
No problem at all. I have Performance Friction Pads, I don't know which model though. Shoot Champion a PM, they are the ones that did the installation.

To the good folks at Champion Motorsports:

Would you mind letting us know what type of PFC pads sin911 was using with his Stoptech STR Brake kit? Were they the 01's, 97s or a different compound?

This is very interesting news to me as I have always had good luck with the PFC's 01's and 97's and was considering using these pads with the STR brakes.

thanks,

Dan

Old 11-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by docdan
To the good folks at Champion Motorsports:

Would you mind letting us know what type of PFC pads sin911 was using with his Stoptech STR Brake kit? Were they the 01's, 97s or a different compound?

This is very interesting news to me as I have always had good luck with the PFC's 01's and 97's and was considering using these pads with the STR brakes.

thanks,

Dan
Sin is running the PFC01 compound on his 997S.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:20 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Sin, what drama did you have at Sebring?

I do ned to get down to Homestead or PBIR. Chin has a Homestead event early next year so I'll probably do that. I've run the old PBIR (Moroso) and hated it. I've not heard good things about the new version so that is why I and a lot of my track friends do not go there anymore.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
Sin is running the PFC01 compound on his 997S.
Thanks....I've been running Pagid RS29 Yellows in my 09 Carrera S and need to order new pads today....Red Lable over night delivery for my PCA event this weekend.

I was thinking of ordering another set of RS29 Yellow for the front and trying out RS14 Black for the rear. Thoughts?

OR

Ordering PFC01's for my car but I know PFC97's also fit and they make 06's for my rear. Don;t know which PFC pads to go with?????

Old 11-08-2010, 10:51 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
Sin, what drama did you have at Sebring?

I do ned to get down to Homestead or PBIR. Chin has a Homestead event early next year so I'll probably do that. I've run the old PBIR (Moroso) and hated it. I've not heard good things about the new version so that is why I and a lot of my track friends do not go there anymore.
Mike, let's just say Porsche engines are not idiot proof yet

I love Homestead, I was there yesterday! I'm not a big fan of PBIR either... Too many long turns, not so fun. The pace is too slow, you can't go fast there (except for the long straight).

I love Sebring but without a trailer it's really PIA for me.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear you had engine troubles...hopefully it's sorted out. This weekend at Chin another 2010 GT3RS engine broke. I was at my Porsche dealer today where there is a GT3 RS with a blown engine. I;ve heard of 3 my self and a tech told me there is somewhere around 30-40 2010 RS engines with the same issue but Porsche is not relaesing any info.

I have not heard of any real issues with the 997S engine though.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:10 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
I heard that a couple of people had problems with regular 997 engines. But this time it was my fault...

It's quite interesting that the mk2 GT3 RS engines are failing

Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Dan,

Long time, glad to see you still have your car. How is the back?

I know a number of people that have swapped there PCCB rotors and pads for Brembo (or Giro) 2 piece rotors with RS29's and keep the OEM calipers. Send PJS a PM if he doesn't chime in on this thread, I know he is happy with his set up.
what he said :-)
I removed Pccb rotors and replaced them with brembo type III and RS 29 pagids... I think the stock calipers are sufficient for my needs

I looked into selling the entire Pccb set up and going with a brembo gtr kit but was told that I would have to buy new uprights as well... so I passed on that as the set up I am running is working well...

I am sure the str kit is great - I have never heard or read a bad thing about it

Old 11-09-2010, 08:35 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
I'm selling a front set of Pagid yellows for a stoptech STR kit with 1 day on them.

If anyone is interested Ill make a deal on them

Old 11-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mobonic
I'm selling a front set of Pagid yellows for a stoptech STR kit with 1 day on them.

If anyone is interested Ill make a deal on them

Shahin stop thread jacking trying to sell your used parts on 6speed.

Post them in the classifieds LOLOLOLOL...

Doc Dan..

Thanks for the order the brake kit is being put together and will ship along with the other goodies.

We have begun working with Endless Japan on brake pads and have found them to be a much better pad than both the Pagid and PFC offerings

As the official development partner to Endless - GMG is distributing the pads in North America and working with Endless.
We have fitments in stock for standard porsche calipers, steel rotors, pccb's and all the aftermarket calipers such as brembo, ap, alcon and stoptech.
We have used these throughout this year in our racing program and love them.

And if you need further validation if they work, they are used by Porsche Motorsport AG and currently the pad of choice on the Gt3RS hyrbid.
From Sebring to Laguna and every weekend in between these pads are amazing.

I will do a complete post on the pads and the comparable compounds to PFC and Pagid.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 PM
wapita is a jewel in the roughwapita is a jewel in the roughwapita is a jewel in the rough
how do the endless pads compare to pfc?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 AM
333pg333 is on a distinguished road
What sort of cost on the SSTs and are they a one piece Monoblock?

How do they differ from a GT3 caliper and a Cup caliper? Also what size are the hats on the rotors for these please?

Thanks

Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 AM
gt34me is infamous around these parts
Go to Stoptech.com and check out their site mate

Old 01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
333pg333 is on a distinguished road
Actually I did have a little look around in the GMG site linked above. So I can see how much the calipers and rotors are as a package. I don't think I can use the rotors, but that's why I need to find out their relative specs. Also I'm getting mixed info regarding the differences between Cup and Road setups. Does anyone know definitively what these differences are or can point me where to look?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Feel free to email me with specific questions.

Happy to help anyone who needs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stoptech Sport Trophy Big Brake Kit