GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My DIY rear linkage (picture heavy)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 01:20 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
how much were the FK end pieces?? Not sure if I missed this info somewhere

maybe you could buy them in bulk from FK and start production.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Paseb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lopro

i already contacted him in the past, and his price in head was 650$ like any other companies.

im sure the build quality is good, but ishhh $$$$$$$

Old 01-06-2012, 02:28 PM
gotbhp? is a jewel in the roughgotbhp? is a jewel in the roughgotbhp? is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by lopro

The FK ends were something like $325 when it was all said and done. The aluminum for this was pretty inexpensive. Rod ends in this size go for anywhere from $8 a part to over $50 per part. I chose to use a semi high end rod end. I am sure the parts that the vendors use are of high quality as well, but I haven't seen the exact model numbers or details disclosed. Maybe I am not looking hard enough.

The anodizing cost was reasonable, but would be better if I could do it in a batch of more than one set of parts. Making these in bulk would be a great way to reduce the price, but I am not sure by how much, nor am I sure that I can devote so much time into making these on a production basis!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am currently making a set of seat/harness mounts for my car. Next up may be the rear toe links, or I may take another stab at making an exhaust... feeble 1st attempt:

Old 01-06-2012, 04:40 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
looking good man, I admire when someone take the initiative to have a plan and execute it.

I also admire your skill in shop, hands on and engineering know how. DIY ability and so on.

Top notch. Keep going. Keep learning and teaching others it's possible by showing them how. If you made that exhaust your the man. That looks like gmg or FVD quality.
enjoy your time in the shop. I love it also but had a accident recently and cannot be in there doing what i want. Have fun bud.