GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CGT Redux - Any hi-res shots of Carrera GT in Basalt Black?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Banned
deeroff is on a distinguished road
CGT Redux - Any hi-res shots of Carrera GT in Basalt Black?

Also, any thoughts re: the difference between Basalt Black and Black -- I have been a Arctic Silver guy (the color of my TT Cab and my last three P Cars) but I like black for the CGT

Someone has a Basalt available, but I have never really focused on Basalt (or Black for that fact)

Is it a question of metallic flake on Black or is it more "grey" or ????

Thanks.

Old 04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Re: CGT Redux - Any hi-res shots of Carrera GT in Basalt Black?

Originally posted by deeroff
Also, any thoughts re: the difference between Basalt Black and Black -- I have been a Arctic Silver guy (the color of my TT Cab and my last three P Cars) but I like black for the CGT

Someone has a Basalt available, but I have never really focused on Basalt (or Black for that fact)

Is it a question of metallic flake on Black or is it more "grey" or ????

Thanks.
it definetely has metalic flake and if i'm not mistaken, it has a slightly brown look in the right light.

Old 04-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Banned
Brown, huh? Hmmmmm

Old 04-26-2005, 06:15 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
There is a Basalt with Terracota CGT in my building in Miami. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. The car happens to look great in Basalt, which is definately black, not grey, with metallic flaxes. Although Basalt is my favorite Porsche color, I've seen several CGTs in GT silver and I think the car looks much better than Basalt. The lighter color really accentuates all of the lines of the car including the carbon fibre trim.

My last TT was Basalt. It definately does not have any brown in it - that was the old black metallic on the early 996s & Boxsters. Bottom line is you should see the color or car in person.

Old 04-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Banned
Thanks ESK. I should take a drive to see it for sure.

Funny think is I love silver, but there is something sinister about black on the CGT that really "hits" me

Old 04-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Some of the first launch CGTs were Basalt, saw one at the NY Auto Show a couple years ago.

Old 04-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Basalt is nice but it does have some kind of brown metallic working in it....

Old 04-26-2005, 08:28 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Basalt is a great color. Low maintanence black with the gold metal flake hiding dust somewhat. I love it on my CT...

Old 04-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Carmel is on a distinguished road
There's a Basalt Blk CGT at Jim Ellis in Atlanta; beautiful indeed.

I've had many Black cars to include an M3, M5, 911 C4 and 911 TT in Basalt Black. Basalt is definitely black and has if anything a very very faint indigo hue in certain types of light (and this is rare to witness).

I personally love the Seal Gray on my CGT, as it accentuates its beautiful lines and contrast well with the carbon fiber and silver accents. Never thought about any other color than black, but I would not change the color for the world. Always get comments that "I only seen it in Silver, this color (Seal Gray) is awesome.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Here is my "black" CGT..

Be careful, it gets dirty if you even look at it!
Chuck

Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Banned
Schweeeeet.

But that begs the question -- how does Basalt Black compare to Black/Black??

I surely love Black but have been offered a Basalt and before I drive 100 miles to see it would like to get an idea of how "black" it is -- The idea of it having a Brown tint does not sit well with me.

Any thoughts?

Old 04-27-2005, 08:15 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by deeroff
Schweeeeet.

But that begs the question -- how does Basalt Black compare to Black/Black??

I surely love Black but have been offered a Basalt and before I drive 100 miles to see it would like to get an idea of how "black" it is -- The idea of it having a Brown tint does not sit well with me.

Any thoughts?
i think it's beautiful personally. it's only 100 miles. when ya get there, use the color as a bargaining tool (ie: complain about it like you don't think you're interested in that color, but aren't sure, etc). basalt is much better than black/black because it has metal flake in it which will also make is somewhat easier to maintain.

Old 04-27-2005, 08:16 AM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
No help from me....but too bad you can't get the CGT in Atlas Grey...

Old 04-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Honored Member

W8MM will become famous soon enough
I think this is Basalt. Cribbed from the net.

Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Banned
Thanks -- That sure look a bit more Grey than I would have suspected. Hmmmmmmm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CGT Redux - Any hi-res shots of Carrera GT in Basalt Black?