GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Recommended Track shoes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
joe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to behold
Recommended Track shoes

Sorry to ask an apparel question, but I am guessing that this group has some experience and opinions that may be helpful.

I am 25 days into my DE career (over three years) and it's time to buy some real track shoes. Any recommended brands, models, styles, features, places to buy online or in the NY Metro area?

I have looked at a few websites and generally think that I want low top shoes as most of my track time is mid-summer when it's hot, so low tops just seem like they would be less uncomfortable?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:37 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Two things to consider, not in order of importance. One: you'll get as many answers here as brands/models available (just like tires). Secondly; it depends on what rules you are racing under. For example, here are the requirements for PCA Club Racing - "Driving shoes meeting SFI 3.3/5 or FIA 8856- 2000 are required." Your rules may dictate what your choices are. Shoes, like many other racing accessories, should be tried on and felt prior to buying. Seek out your local/closest racing accessory shop and vist them for ideas.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:48 AM
Registered PM
Swandk61 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a nice post! I also would like to go with good quality track shoes. In fact I am looking for some nice clothes as well and one of my friend’s has suggested purchasing from the brand beach riot. This brand is very new to me so I was just wondering if anyone here can share their experience with the clothes from this brand!