GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS seats questions. Will I fit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 AM
mplv is on a distinguished road
GT3 RS seats questions. Will I fit?

I am thinking about picking up a GT3 RS with the upgraded seats and have never sat in one so I need to know how I fit. I typically have seats as far back as they will go and leaned back quite a bit in everything I own.

I am 6'4" and about 250 and wear size 38 jeans (loose fit)

I have a 06 FGT that I fit in, ducking to close the door
I have an 08 Superleggera with the standard seats that I fit very well in
I had an 07 997TT with standard seats that i fit very well in

I DO NOT fit in the superleggeras with the race seats.
I also dont fit in the new GT500 worth a crap because the steering wheel does not telescope.

The GT3 that I am looking at has a roll bar installed if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the help

Old 07-22-2012, 08:05 PM
any one?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 PM
bottegav is on a distinguished road
possibly be tight?

did you mean the European version bucket seat? or the recline ones that are available on .2 gt3/rs ? the .2gt3/ rs recline one is wider than the european version. I have sat in a 570 with bucket seat and the european bucket seats is close to the 570 size wise. If the roll cage is the factory one, then you might not be able to go as far back. hope this helps

good luck on the purchase!!!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:39 PM
its these

Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 PM
its these***

Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:43 PM
bottegav is on a distinguished road
these are the newer seats available as an option on .2
as far as the width wise, i think you would be fine. but my concerns is the roll cage wont allow you to go very far back given that you are 6'4"

anyhow, you should go sit in an actual one to be less risky

Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I'm 1" taller and 10lbs lighter and I "can" fit into the GT2 seats but they are not comfortable for everyday use. I use my car for weekend dinner runs and track events.

You will need to go sit in them to see what you can tolerate. You can put a thick washer with longer bolt under front seat mount to give some tilt back.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 PM
chardonet will become famous soon enoughchardonet will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mplv
I typically have seats as far back as they will go and leaned back quite a bit in everything I own.

What mdrums said, plus if you are used to the seats reclined, you may not like the way you will have to sit in these seats, as they are fairly upright. Some guys remove the bottom cushion for more room, but don't know how you'd do comfort-wise on longer trips.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:43 AM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Width wise, it will be snug but doable.

As stated above, the rollbar *may* impede your ability to fit, depending on how long your legs are.

For what it's worth, I'm 6'2" and fairly symmetric when it comes to torso-leg lengths. I fit comfortably. But then again, I'm more the athletic type.

All things considered, I think you should be ok, especially since you say you fit into the cramped SL interior. That thing makes me claustrophobic.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:05 AM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
They will be tight (I'd be more concerned about helmet hitting)

I'm 6'3 275, 38 waist and I passed on the 997GT2 seats because of height issue. Hell I think they sit higher than my stock 996 seats which are pretty high.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by DBV
Width wise, it will be snug but doable.

As stated above, the rollbar *may* impede your ability to fit, depending on how long your legs are.

For what it's worth, I'm 6'2" and fairly symmetric when it comes to torso-leg lengths. I fit comfortably. But then again, I'm more the athletic type.

All things considered, I think you should be ok, especially since you say you fit into the cramped SL interior. That thing makes me claustrophobic.

The SL has a TON of room . I guess youve never driven a Ford GT...The SL has more room than a gen2 viper also, and is not much different than my old 997tt

Old 07-24-2012, 05:22 AM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mplv
The SL has a TON of room . I guess youve never driven a Ford GT...The SL has more room than a gen2 viper also, and is not much different than my old 997tt
My opinion may be skewed slightly due to the fact I drove the '04 Gallardo back to back with a '10 R8. The Audi was much roomier, and since they share similar architecture, I felt the Lambo was cramped. Maybe I just need to use this as an excuse to drive an SL.

My running shoes are more roomy than any Viper.

Never had the pleasure of "test fitting" a FGT, so I can't weigh in on that. Ultimately, especially headroom, is dependent on how your height and size is distributed. A good friend of mine plays pro football, is about 6'5" and fits into cars that I, at 6'2" have problems getting into. Guess we're not all equally proportioned...