GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Red or Yellow Brakes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
choonher will become famous soon enoughchoonher will become famous soon enough
Red or Yellow Brakes?

Just wondering what kind of brakes you guys are running. Red's, PCCB's or even aftermarket.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
Red's for the track and if only street, yellows

Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by choonher
Just wondering what kind of brakes you guys are running. Red's, PCCB's or even aftermarket.
Even tho PCCB's are awesome, they're just too expensive.
Mine are reds and they are great for the track.
Mr. B

Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
+1

Agree. Change out my PCCBs from street to aftermarket calipers with Pagid pads for track days. Porsche Birmingham guys told me point blank not to run PCCBs on track on an extended basis as they wont hold up and super expensive to replace.

Originally Posted by SKXF430
Red's for the track and if only street, yellows

Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Brakes

Originally Posted by TurboDogue
Agree. Change out my PCCBs from street to aftermarket calipers with Pagid pads for track days. Porsche Birmingham guys told me point blank not to run PCCBs on track on an extended basis as they wont hold up and super expensive to replace.
So far, I've been running stock red brake components, and they are working very well.
Mr. B

Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM
montreal red will become famous soon enough
running yellow PCCBs on my RS. this is what my car came with. i am the 2nd owner of the car. would probably change to iron rotors when the time comes to replace the PCCB rotors.

Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
how long does pccb last if it's a street driven car?

if i do DE 1-2 a year, would pccb hold up?

Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 AM
choonher will become famous soon enoughchoonher will become famous soon enough
I have 38k on original pads and rotors on my DD GT3. Pads at 50%. I would like to know if the rotors will need to be replaced anytime soon. Which I hope not.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 AM
needRRtires is on a distinguished road
My favorite color Montreal. The sales guys at the dealer says the pccb's will last forever, but who know what their definition of "forever" really is.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by djantlive
how long does pccb last if it's a street driven car?

if i do DE 1-2 a year, would pccb hold up?
if its a street driven car, the PCCB will likely last the life time of the car. you will have to change pads of course but will probably never have to change rotors.

on a track car, they will probably last 2 or 3 times longer than iron rotors. but when it comes time to replace them, the replacement cost is much more than 2 or 3 times the cost of iron rotors. which is why most track nuts change to iron when it comes time to do a rotor replacement.

my car has 20k miles. 30% track and 70% regular road use. rotors seem to be still in good shape. it helps that the previous owner took good care of them and always replaced pads before they are completely out.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by needRRtires
My favorite color Montreal. The sales guys at the dealer says the pccb's will last forever, but who know what their definition of "forever" really is.
thanks!

i think dealers are right when they say 'forever' on a street car, i dont think you will have to replace the PCCBs ever... judging by how long its lasting with the amount of track mileage i have on the car, it should be able to last 100,000 miles easily. my wear rate of brake pads and rotors on the track is usually 3 or 4 times more than regular street use. i have 20k miles of mixed use right now and the PCCBs are still holding up pretty well.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
My car came with them and I will use them until they need to be replaced, but I would go with iron at that point. If you buy a used car and they are already there, then why not run them? You are not paying what the first guy paid for them and you get the benefits. If you are doing 2-3 DE's per year, then you aren't going to burn through the rotors that fast.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by ScooterP
My car came with them and I will use them until they need to be replaced, but I would go with iron at that point. If you buy a used car and they are already there, then why not run them? You are not paying what the first guy paid for them and you get the benefits. If you are doing 2-3 DE's per year, then you aren't going to burn through the rotors that fast.
agreed. those are my thoughts too. no point getting rid of the PCCBs until its time to do so. my car came with them too and i think i will run them until i have to switch out the rotors.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
I use Wrightwood Racing slotted front rotors, OEM rear with Pagid Yellow RS29 pads all around and Castrol SRF fluid. Sensational arrangement and anyone who drives the car, including pros, always note how good the set-up is.