GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Interior of 2014 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Interior of 2014 GT3

Check out the video:
http://www.slashgear.com/porsche-sho...rior-18274423/

Mr. B

Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
Initial impression is not favorable.
Seems way too "luxury-like" for a hardcore motorsport car.
Center console reminds me of the Panamera. Heck even the script Porsche on the rear decklid over logo GT3 reminds me of a Panamera.
I guess Porsche is striving for a larger market and not just the motorsport enthusiasts.

\m/

Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Like an Aston Martin...

Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
The lack of availability of sport bucket seats in the 991 GT3 is really bad. They need to add that option asap.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Doesn't have enough buttons

Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Center console reminds me of the Panamera. Heck even the script Porsche on the rear decklid over logo GT3 reminds me of a Panamera.
I guess Porsche is striving for a larger market and not just the motorsport enthusiasts.

\m/
My thinking is this: If I do 10 to 20 track days a year, that leaves a lot of non-track days for which I wouldn't mind having some luxury-like features.
Mr. B

Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
The lack of availability of sport bucket seats in the 991 GT3 is really bad. They need to add that option asap.
Are you 100% no sport bucket seats? Man, that is silly for a GT3. What are they trying to do have you upgrade to a RS for the track...

Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Fail

Old 03-22-2013, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by mto
Are you 100% no sport bucket seats? Man, that is silly for a GT3. What are they trying to do have you upgrade to a RS for the track...
My 2007 seats look a lot like the ones in the video and I find them supportive enough for track days.
Mr. B

Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze

\m/
I have nicknamed the new 991 as the "991 Panamera". From the inside, they pretty look the same, sound the same and to be honest drive the same. Very disappointed in that. Also, by my count when seating in a Panamera GTS, there are 82 buttons within the reach of the driver to press. That is just............................

Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Swiss_Aussie is on a distinguished road
Thx for sharing, not convinced on the center console, doesn't look like a real sports car, more luxury car as others here have said... I do like the TFT in the dials though, would be interesting to know what info an be displayed there and if its just a summary of what's on the Nav screen in the center or completely independent.....

Old 03-30-2013, 01:58 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Keep in mind this car is designed to be used as a daily driver. I can understand the complaints of the interior if the car was designed primarily for the track. Personally, I love the interior and will opt for the deviated red stitching when I order it hopefully in September.