GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 Ground Clearance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 03:53 PM
miamiadjuster has a spectacular aura aboutmiamiadjuster has a spectacular aura about
991 GT3 Ground Clearance

I ordered a 991 GT3 and am having an issue deciding on the front axle lift system. I currently have a 2012 991 C2S with PASM and would like to know how much lower the ground clearance will be on the GT3. My C2S scrapes a little in my garage at work, I would imagine it will be worse in the GT3. Do you guys know how much that front lip would cost (approximately) to replace on the GT3? This may be a deciding factor as well. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
I ordered several when I had my 997 GT3 and they were around $250-300. I can't imagine they'd be much more now. Easy on and off. I got the front end lift on my new GT3, worth it alone just getting out of the dealers parking lot.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 AM
CTAudiFan is on a distinguished road
As with other options like CCB, might also impact re-sale value. Together, those are $14k worth of options, so it's pretty significant. But if you don't plan on owning the car for 10 years, it's something to consider ... might someday impact your ability to sell the car if you don't have certain options.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:53 PM
miamiadjuster has a spectacular aura aboutmiamiadjuster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CTAudiFan
As with other options like CCB, might also impact re-sale value. Together, those are $14k worth of options, so it's pretty significant. But if you don't plan on owning the car for 10 years, it's something to consider ... might someday impact your ability to sell the car if you don't have certain options.
How much are those options really worth when the car has a good amount of miles on it though? Seems like a lot of $ for 1.2" worth of lift.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:26 AM
nizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to all
Some need it, some don't. Never scraped lip once in 3.5ys with RS. Brake ducts hit first and lift won't help because it happens at speed. Personally, I wouldn't buy a new or used car with the lift.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:55 AM
CTAudiFan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by miamiadjuster
How much are those options really worth when the car has a good amount of miles on it though? Seems like a lot of $ for 1.2" worth of lift.
Don't disagree ... depends upon how long you are planning on keeping the car. The lift would be practical if you have, for example, a steep driveway where you know the nose is going to scrape. Short of that, even if I had it, I'd likely forget to engage it and grind the nose into the ground anyway ...

I'd be more concerned about the weight and complexity than the price, but to your point, spending $3500 bucks, the added weight, another mechanical item to potentially break down, having to remember to switch it on ... I guess whoever is paying the bill would have to decide how much a little peace of mind is worth.

In my mind the CCB were always the "must have" option, but reading through this forum, the view seems to be mixed.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
Elephant Chuck is on a distinguished road
The 991 GT3 sits 30mm lower than the regular 991. It's really low.

The front lift is 30mm, so it gets you back to regular 991 height - which is still low and requires angling into most all driveways.

I've got 600 miles on the car and I think the lift option is worth it. It just makes the car much easier to live with. Even with the front raised, you still need to be careful and approach most inclines at an angle.

Without it you'll be stressing every single driveway and parking lot entrance, and I do mean every time.

Agreed $3500 is a lot of money for what it is.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:05 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Chuck Moreland

The front lift is 30mm, so it gets you back to regular 991 height - which is still low and requires angling into most all driveways.

I've got 600 miles on the car and I think the lift option is worth it. It just makes the car much easier to live with. Even with the front raised, you still need to be careful and approach most inclines at an angle.

Without it you'll be stressing every single driveway and parking lot entrance, and I do mean every time.

yup, the car is low, and i wish i had it. $3500 is a lot for a simple lift, but its a involved process and id rather buy it OEM vs buying it in the aftermkt.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck Moreland

The Porsche website says the following for PASM optioned cars:

-Reduced ride height of 20 mm for Carrera and 10 mm for Carrera S models

If they're saying the GT3 is 30MM lower than a 911 C2 with no PASM then it's only a 10MM difference from my C2S w/ PASM. If that's the case, I don't think I'll be getting the lift. Anyone know if my calculations are correct?

BTW thanks for all the help guys!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:15 AM
akbjr will become famous soon enoughakbjr will become famous soon enough
Is there is a speed maximum one can drive when the lift is activated?

Old 01-15-2014, 09:23 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
I think 30mph

Old 01-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Fyi the techart lift system is $5900 to install!