GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best Video / Data Acquisition System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 10:15 PM
justthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud of
Best Video / Data Acquisition System

Anyone have experience with a good video / data acquisition set up? I've seen multiple products out there, but either the video is sub-par or the data is GPS-only, instead of OBD-read RPMs / Accel / Brake / etc.

TIA

Old 09-22-2015, 07:14 PM
Est8esq will become famous soon enoughEst8esq will become famous soon enough
Depends on how in depth you're looking to go?

I suck at technology and want simple. Went w/ smartycam and Aim Solo DL. Plugs into obdII port and is simple.

If you're working w/ professional coaches that are looking to download and really get into data analysis, then you should look at Motec.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:09 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
I
Originally Posted by justthebest
Anyone have experience with a good video / data acquisition set up? I've seen multiple products out there, but either the video is sub-par or the data is GPS-only, instead of OBD-read RPMs / Accel / Brake / etc.

TIA
I use Motec dash/logger for data. It is an excellent tool and highly recommended. The data is limitless, it's really amazing. Mine is wired in to the CAN bus with several external sensors. I recently added an Aim Smartycam2 and the video is very good. You can overlay the data from the Motec via the Aim ECU bridge. I'm local to you and one of the best Motec guys is in Denver. He did my install and set up. He's always there to help with any questions either at the shop or the track. You can see the video quality below. I did not have a chance to program the ECU bridge prior to this so that is why no data is overlayed. Make sure to select 720HD on the YouTube video as often it defaults to a lower quality. Also turn up the sound on your computer. I plan on adding an external Aim microphone.

Last edited by pwdrhound; 09-23-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:51 AM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
Alway seems like you trade one for the other. Sucky subprime video or less data. I use Harry's Laptimer Pro & simply mounted my iPhone on the roll bar with an IOport mount. Harry's will now integrate my GoPro & use the Gopoint for data acquisition. Less than $200 for everything.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:28 PM
ipse dixit can only hope to improve
Porsche Track App (assuming you have the Sport Chrono pkg)