GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Who's ordering the 991 GT3.2??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Buddhamonk has a spectacular aura aboutBuddhamonk has a spectacular aura aboutBuddhamonk has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 911noobie
1. How do you get an allocation? I currently own a 997.2 C2 does that help?
2. Will there be an markup on MRSP if I wait 1 year?

I'm very interested in buying one but have no idea where to start to be honest.
start by calling the dealership right now but they'll probably tell you that they have 20 people ahead of you with deposit. If they are willing, just put a deposit anyway because you might still get one at the end of production

I've had my deposit in for over a year and I'm number 7 without a guarantee of an allocation

Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 PM
igdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud of
I was able to place an allocation at the Fremont, CA location. The guy also mentioned that it is just an interest list if an allocation is available; so no guarantees. I guess it doesn't hurt to be on a list if I could potentially get one. He requested my spec order I did online; which I forwarded to him. Cross Fingers. I will need to list my 997TT White on Black Manual with 24k miles once I can confirm I am in.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:27 AM
llngoc is on a distinguished road
Are you paying a bit above MSRP? You can PM me if it is more appropriate.

Originally Posted by igdawgi
I was able to place an allocation at the Fremont, CA location. The guy also mentioned that it is just an interest list if an allocation is available; so no guarantees. I guess it doesn't hurt to be on a list if I could potentially get one. He requested my spec order I did online; which I forwarded to him. Cross Fingers. I will need to list my 997TT White on Black Manual with 24k miles once I can confirm I am in.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:14 AM
igdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by llngoc
Are you paying a bit above MSRP? You can PM me if it is more appropriate.
There wasn't any talk about price as I'm hoping for MSRP. Only time will tell.... Crossing fingers that I would be able to even get one.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:29 AM
tonybrasco is on a distinguished road
Dont think you guys should have a problem getting the pdk, the dealers are getting 1 or 2 allocation for manual so not very many people getting it, and on top of that they are charging 40-75k over msrp.......

Old 04-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Do you mean we *should not* have problem? For $50k over, I am really reconsidering though especially with GT3RS coming. If I am going to pay way over MSRP, may as well go all out.

Originally Posted by tonybrasco
Dont think you guys should have a problem getting the pdk, the dealers are getting 1 or 2 allocation for manual so not very many people getting it, and on top of that they are charging 40-75k over msrp.......

Old 04-28-2017, 09:09 AM
tonybrasco is on a distinguished road
opps sorry meant should not.... the pdk i heard they are asking msrp or 5k over, the manual i know for a fact are going to be limited, and 40k-75k over... i got lucky to get a manual and its coming in feb-march

Old 04-28-2017, 12:08 PM
Do you have to pay $$$ over MSRP for the manual? Also, how did you find out about the MSRP or little $ over MSRP for the PDK cars?

Originally Posted by tonybrasco
opps sorry meant should not.... the pdk i heard they are asking msrp or 5k over, the manual i know for a fact are going to be limited, and 40k-75k over... i got lucky to get a manual and its coming in feb-march

Old 04-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Nine XI will become famous soon enoughNine XI will become famous soon enough
I have a good relationship with the GM and Sales Mgr at the dealership - have purchased multiple cars. I have been on their list for awhile but I am not on the top - that is reserved for 918 purchasers and people who have purchased many cars. They are pretty certain that I will get a GT3 but not in the first wave of production which I am fine with.

They told me in a couple of conversations that I can get either manual or PDK and the allocations do not specify transmission type. Different then what others are hearing....

Old 04-30-2017, 05:05 PM
legit526 is on a distinguished road
I was offered a choice of PDK or manual but for a 25k premium.....thoughts?

Old 04-30-2017, 06:11 PM
Not sure what is the market condition now but a month ago I was offered $50k-70k over MSRP and I thought it was lunacy.

Originally Posted by legit526
I was offered a choice of PDK or manual but for a 25k premium.....thoughts?

Old 05-01-2017, 10:19 PM
cayenne-tt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by llngoc
Not sure what is the market condition now but a month ago I was offered $50k-70k over MSRP and I thought it was lunacy.
I've been quoted $50K over and $25K over...

Old 05-07-2017, 11:00 AM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Interested to hear some perspective from those who may have more knowledge regarding why Porsche opts to limit production on the GT3 given the demand? Or, is this something where there will be plenty of supply; however, folks will need to wait one cycle before the latest GT3 normalizes and one can simply order and wait?

I am struggling to understand why a car of this type warrants anything above MSRP. Even then, there is significant profit to be gained. Yes, I understand the supply and demand principles at play...and I understand there will always be some who must have the current model and are willing to pay any price. IMHO, it just does not make since to pay $1 more than MSRP for this car...and that is being generous given the markup on these cars.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:23 AM
I am starting to think along the same line. It is a great car but in the end is still a weekend toy and I don't think the production will really be that limited. The 991.1 GT3 has a production run of over 10k (correct me if I am wrong) which IMHO does not qualify it as a "collectible" or rare car.

As I said before, if I am paying $200k+, it is a completely different level of cars opened up for consideration. And even as much as I love Porsche's, a McLaren or Aston will be a new experience for me.

Old 05-07-2017, 02:43 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Exactly! I had a deposit down on '15 GT3 2 years ago. Dealer called back stating they now want $15k over MSRP. Said no chance...got my money back and instead moved to Lambo. Now have a Huracan and I love it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.