GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3 Homelink Switch set up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
sasportas has a spectacular aura aboutsasportas has a spectacular aura about
997 GT3 Homelink Switch set up

My dealer ordered the 997 Homelink Switches for me so that I could hook up my garage door openers. The Part #'s are as follows:
99761322701A05 and 99761322501A05.

To begin you'll need to attach wires to two of the four prongs on the back of the switches. For the single door switch, you need to attach wires to the 2nd and 4th prong (this will activate door #1). For the switch that handles two doors, you need to attach wires to the 1st and 4th prongs (this will you activate door #2).

Then you have find an old or extra garage door opener (the smaller the better) that you can modify. To modify, you'll have to separate the circuit board from the plastic case. Then you'll have to find the circuit that attaches to the "button" on the opener. Attach two wires, close, and then hook up with the homelink switches and then you are done.

Good luck!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 PM
G996 is infamous around these parts
Where do the switches go?

Old 04-24-2007, 11:26 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
is that 996 or 997 switch?

Old 04-24-2007, 11:46 PM
SrfCity is infamous around these parts
Nice. Hmm, I didn't realize that the GT3 didn't come with them but my old 997S did.

Did these come from GMG? J/K but I did notice they made the other thread about sending the wrong spoilers disappear. That'll solve the problem

Old 04-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by G996
Where do the switches go?
Overhead where the reading lights are.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 AM
switches

They are 997 Switches. The 997 GT3 does not come with homelink. Any yes, they go in the area of the map lights.

Also, I killed the spoiler thread because I did not want to give GMG a hard time - I know that they're a respected shop. And I'm sure that they have a great business and racing team. I just wanted them to work with me on what I perceived to be a simple mistake in an order.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sasportas
They are 997 Switches. The 997 GT3 does not come with homelink. Any yes, they go in the area of the map lights.

Also, I killed the spoiler thread because I did not want to give GMG a hard time - I know that they're a respected shop. And I'm sure that they have a great business and racing team. I just wanted them to work with me on what I perceived to be a simple mistake in an order.
Do you know if the factory installed the wiring for homelink but not the buttons and transmitter. If so it would be easy to install the factory system. When you opened up the map light area were there extra wires?
I guess this would make it too easy but these cars were supposed to come with Homelink.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Homelink

To answer your question, there is no wiring for the homelink present. There is power to the area that you can tap into from the map lights, but no wiring for the homelink. The homelink transmitters are not present in the GT3 at all. If you want garage openers, you'll have to rig a system.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
To answer your question, there is no wiring for the homelink present. There is power to the area that you can tap into from the map lights, but no wiring for the homelink. The homelink transmitters are not present in the GT3 at all. If you want garage openers, you'll have to rig a system.
Thanks, I'll probably do what you did.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Isn't it easier to just stash the clicker somewhere in the car?

Old 04-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Jim Bacus is infamous around these parts
Cool mod, now with the GT3 the only thing I miss about my 997 S was the homelink.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:52 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
I thought that the actual Homelink transmitter in the 997 was in the front bumper area. If the GT3 doesn't have Homelink as an option, are you going to have to add a tranmitter in addition to the buttons??

Old 04-26-2007, 08:07 PM
homelink

I did not add a homelink transmitter. Truthfully, a regular garage door opener works better and is easier to program. Also, my system is very light weight and doesn't involve the bumper.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:11 PM
soarteeth is infamous around these parts
I did not add a homelink transmitter. Truthfully, a regular garage door opener works better and is easier to program. Also, my system is very light weight and doesn't involve the bumper.
Homelink transmitters are available on E-Bay for $40. Shouldn't be too hard to wire up the switch Sasportas shows above to a recycled transmitter. You could get a brand new Homelink transmitter from your local Porsche dealer, part #977 618 227 01. It will only cost you $450.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:20 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bruce
Do you know if the factory installed the wiring for homelink but not the buttons and transmitter.
At least with the Cayenne, it's all VIN specific wiring. Wouldn't be suprised if it was the same for the 997 as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Homelink Switch set up