GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Ugly Porsche Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:28 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
After being in the car business myself (service) for close to 20 years, I have seen this sooooo often. It's the typical spoiled rotten owners kid who has had everything handed to them on a silver platter (including his job). Hopefully this thread will hit 'em where it hurts, sales drop off. I would certainly contact corporate about this flippin' *****. Hopefully corporate will shorten their allocation so they aren't able to profit gouge longtime clients like yourself........

Old 05-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by racerjsz
Service biz, yes, but warranty work where you lose money for a boat sold at a dealership that won't pay for good help or deliver vessels that have been rigged properly and tested is a bad and expensive idea. Don't you think it makes good business sense to put your own customers first. Also, why should we have had to clean up someone elses mistakes. Just trying to make a point about the value of service. We had the highest customer satisfaction index in the country for a number of years. We did it by caring and having the best people on our payroll. That's why in some cases I couldn't match a price, my overhead was higher. You have to pay for the service. We took fantastic care of OUR customers and offered very competative prices. They loved us and were very saddened when we sold to a public company. If someone choses to save 1-2%, hell even 5%, by going to a dealer they know won't (or can't) take care of them then that should be factored into their decision. Case in point, I buy my Porsche stuff from my service guys at GTPerformance or Motomodz. I know I can go on the net and save a few bucks but I am loyal to the people that take care of me. These guys are great and deserve that loyalty.

My point is that its not all about the lowest cost. Best value and lowest cost rarely go hand in hand.

ScottKelly, what line of work are you in?
i dont know how much you guys used to charge per hour but the dealerships i go to in Chicagoland charge around $150/hr. also mind you - a good mechanic can book about 16 hrs. per day.

now if they cant run a profitable service department at $150/hr. when half of their staff only works 8 hrs. and books 16 hrs., there is something seriously wrong there and i do not feel sorry for them.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:49 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I just bought my first NEW Porshce from Carlsen-Gary the salemanager dealt with me and did a great job- I am in So Cal and drove about 2/3 of the way there and he drove 1/3 of the way here to deliver it-HE did not one of his underlings but the salesmanager. I am pretty damn Happy with them. NOW I can't get service there because its too far away so I go to Family Motors in Bakersfield and they are happy to service my car because they knew that they couldnt get me a GT3 (not to mention an RS) they dont hold grudge against me and Dennis the mechanic there is great. He did the LWFW upgrade on my 996 GT3 for just parts when the RMS leaked abit under warranty. I like both places. Its an individual deal not the Porsche corporate (we have other issues with corporate but thats an other thread)
I understand your loyalty issue- I like to trust the people I deal with.
Thanks To Mooty for hooking me up with Carlsen. Gary sells more cars than anyone on his staff just through referrals -He is that good.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rr4
Sorry for you issue, but to be honest after reading your story, there sounds like you left out some KEY parts.

In your gentleman's agreement, you guys didn't mention price, so how could you be shocked over the $50K over MSRP. He did say it was yours. Just pay the $50K over MSRP, unless you guys spoke about pricing in that "gentleman's agreement."

Second, I find it VERY hard to believe in ANY circumstance that only upon entering the first thing that came out of the Manger's mouth was "we are not going to do business with you". Sorry, don't believe it. There must have been other words said by you before that would happen.

Why don't you tell us the whole story and the real story, b/c what you've just said makes no sense.

Not saying this is you but I've personally seen Porsche "enthusiasts" treating salespeople like crap - they feel that they are above the sales reps and above Porsche, almost like they are mad that Porsche took their hobby away from them and is now making money building cars for normal people and not the wacked out hardcore's that belong to the Porsche Club.
I agree with this. This story does ring true to me. You pass on the RS, buy the GT3 from someone else, sell it to another dealer, and don't have anything in writing to get a RS, let alone a RS at MSRP.

I withold judgement until I've heard more facts. Other than the fact that they were rude, they don't owe you a thing.

I have a RS on order, and you can be sure I have money down, and MSRP in writing.

In my experience Porsche dealers are a good lot. I've bought easily a dozen Porsches over the past decade without a problem.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is on a distinguished road
^^^
i think it all depends on individual experiences. me personally, i rank porsche service department one step above mitsubishi. i am sure your experience is probably different.

i have no association with the original poster but i dont understand why people have the need to question the experience of the poster just because your individual experiences at different locations were not the same. i think if someone had a personal experience with the same dealership and the same people in question and it was significantly different than the one being discussed, you have a valid question to ask. but saying that you bought a bunch of cars at a bunch of different dealerships 1000 miles away from the one in question, really does not make his experience any less valid or questionable.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:43 AM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 04ImolaZHP
i dont know how much you guys used to charge per hour but the dealerships i go to in Chicagoland charge around $150/hr. also mind you - a good mechanic can book about 16 hrs. per day.

now if they cant run a profitable service department at $150/hr. when half of their staff only works 8 hrs. and books 16 hrs., there is something seriously wrong there and i do not feel sorry for them.
We did NOT Flat-rate. We only billed customers for hours worked. Olde school style! We were the best.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:53 AM
eMJay1133 will become famous soon enougheMJay1133 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Frissen
don't feel bad I was banned from my local BMW dealer after the stiffed me with $2500 in a MINI purchase and complained to headquarters, they got fined with $20grand for fraudulent operations by BMW corporate... now I can't set foot at the dealer... ja, ja, ja... to bad for them and when I see the owner outside anywhere I will kick his a$$ too...
What dealer?

Old 05-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Craigger is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by racerjsz
We did NOT Flat-rate. We only billed customers for hours worked. Olde school style! We were the best.
Very old school.

theres two techs. at the dealership I work for who work VERY hard in the new style flat rate and one has a 95 NSX as well as a Boxster with a 3.6 996 engine in it.

another has a 92 RS

Old 05-29-2007, 06:52 AM
rr4
rr4 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 04ImolaZHP
^^^
I have no association with the original poster but i dont understand why people have the need to question the experience of the poster just because your individual experiences at different locations were not the same.
We are not questioning the service of that particular dealer. We are questioning the real story. As I said in my post, I find it hard to believe that a Manager - or anyone for that matter! - is just going to say "we aren't doing business with you anymore" because he woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. Give us a break.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vishnus11
A poor dealership experience shouldn't diminish the value of the brand. A GT3 RS is a GT3 RS - find another dealer and move on.
+1

I went to Paul Miller Porsche look at a 997 they had in stock. The sales person was an *** as was the sales manager. I went to Ray Catena Porsche and ordered my 997. what a great experience there. just because Paul Miller Porsche sucks, that did not change my decision to buy a 997.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:25 PM
GonzoS is on a distinguished road
I had a bad experience with a sales person at the same dealer as the original poster. I put a deposit down on an GT3 allocation and waited 6 months and then was told "Sorry" the factory just quit making them. Anyway I found out the salesman no longer works at the dealer any longer, but my allocation was already sold to someone else. I had to get a GT3 from Hennessy in N. Atlanta. So in the end I ended up with the car I wanted it just took a little extra work. But they did offer me a GT3RS at $50K over MSRP.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:21 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
#1 unless its a GT3 (non rs) I would never buy a new porsche or pretty much any new car.

#2 There are enough people who love porsches and buy and sell them often enough where unless you have to have a brand new one, you can buy from them.

#3 Our local guy lied to me and my buddies face saying that they were breaking even on his used 05 GT3 at 84K, I told him to leave and they would call him back in a week, well they called 3 days later and went down to 80k and he ended up getting it for 77 which was a very good deal. I highly doubt they lost money on the car. I wouldnt buy from a Porsche dealer.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Banned
porscheguru is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about that situation. Dealers get greedy when it comes to a highly desirable car like the RS. Ferrari is the same way when it comes to greed. If you buy a 430 and don't trade it back into them so they can get $80k over list then you will never get another one, ever. I worked for Porsche for 5 years and we were asked not to sell over MSRP. Technically they could claim that they are selling the car on consignment and that it's not theirs to avoid PCNA coming down on them. A friend of mine has a new RS with delivery miles that he is trying to get $35k over for his. tjancse@yahoo.com

Old 05-30-2007, 08:31 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porscheguru
Sorry to hear about that situation. Dealers get greedy when it comes to a highly desirable car like the RS. Ferrari is the same way when it comes to greed. If you buy a 430 and don't trade it back into them so they can get $80k over list then you will never get another one, ever. I worked for Porsche for 5 years and we were asked not to sell over MSRP. Technically they could claim that they are selling the car on consignment and that it's not theirs to avoid PCNA coming down on them. A friend of mine has a new RS with delivery miles that he is trying to get $35k over for his. tjancse@yahoo.com
Why is it that Ferrari can make dealers sell at MSRP but no one else can????

Old 05-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Banned
porscheguru is on a distinguished road
You can but a new Ferrari at list if you want to wait 3-4 years. And even then they want you to buy a couple of used ones at well over list before they will even consider putting you on that 4 year list. At least you can get a Porsche and fairly quick compared to Ferrari.