GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

44 years later

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UBoat Commander
^ I was about to say the same thing. I love this thread. Years from now I hope to make a post on 8Speedonline about all the Porsches I've owned and make a bunch of relative youngsters drool in admiration.
same here!

Old 06-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Great Picture, Even Better Stories...

Thank you for sharing..

Old 06-22-2007, 07:44 AM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
This is a grate Historical Thread .... Thanks alot for sharing ..!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:09 AM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
nice job !!!. .........

Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Okay guys, here's some real history for you that makes what I have written so far insignificant by comparison. Pictured below is the cover of an Argentina newspaper from 1951. I don't know how many of you will recognize the man on the left, he was my childhood hero, Juan Manuel Fangio. In my opinion the greatest race car driver of all time!

The lady on the left is is a dear friend of ours Anne Delfosse who was Fangio's mechanic and interpreter at the time of this photo. She later went on to race in many events in Central America, as did her late husband Kurt Delfosse and was one of a handful of women to do so with any success. Anne now owns the 76 Station in Ashland Or. @ exit 14. If you are ever that way it's worth the time to stop, check out the photos on the wall and chat with her for awhile. Whenever we are in Ashland we try to have dinner with her at least once to chat and compare notes from the past. I let her drive my GT3 last week on the old 66 highway. Even at 72 years old she had me puckered-up a couple times and trust me, it wasn't because of her poor driving skills!

Enjoy!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:10 AM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
The stories you are sharing with us are truly amazing .... tell us more please

Old 06-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
This is a great thread on many different levels. Great stuff snowboarder54!

Old 06-22-2007, 12:18 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
This is a great thread on many different levels. Great stuff snowboarder54!
Ag, thanks. I see you are from MB. I lived at 208 Strand in Mb and 208 Strand in Hermosa. Also lived at 1208 Strand for a while, right next to the pier. ( hows that for weird, a lot of 8"s) Last year while visiting I noticed there was a huge 4-plex there now. graduated from Mira Costa a loooooong time ago. It's was a great place to be young!

Old 06-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Very Cool!!!

Congrats!!

Old 06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Ag, thanks. I see you are from MB. I lived at 208 Strand in Mb and 208 Strand in Hermosa. Also lived at 1208 Strand for a while, right next to the pier. ( hows that for weird, a lot of 8"s) Last year while visiting I noticed there was a huge 4-plex there now. graduated from Mira Costa a loooooong time ago. It's was a great place to be young!
Small world! Why did you move? There are a lot of terrible houses being built on the strand. When I say terrible, I mean gaudy oversized houses that barely fit on the the parcel of land.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 PM
ZEMDOGG is on a distinguished road
Wow, perfect example of Porsche passion....

Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
Small world! Why did you move?
To many straight roads!

Old 06-22-2007, 12:47 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
To many straight roads!
I get the feeling you can drive the hell out of a porsche!!! Glad to see your GT3 is being well used.

Also, I've had the pleasure of driving a few of Polaks old cars that a collector here in Houston bought. He built some serious machines. The collector has his old Chevy Transport truck too still has Vasek Polak Racing on the side of it from the 60's.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
I get the feeling you can drive the hell out of a porsche!!! Glad to see your GT3 is being well used.

Also, I've had the pleasure of driving a few of Polaks old cars that a collector here in Houston bought. He built some serious machines. The collector has his old Chevy Transport truck too still has Vasek Polak Racing on the side of it from the 60's.
Yes, I enjoy driving my Porsches. I now have nearly 9K miles on the 3 since it's delivery on Dec 20th.

Must have been the late 60's when he had the Chevy transport. When I used to tag along he only had a VW Bus with a 4 cam Carrera motor and a trailer. It only had two front seats. I used to sit on the tool box between the seats. We raced mostly his RS60, the driver was a rather large gentelman by the name of Jay Hill. I remember his daily driver was an XKE Jag. I could never understand that.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:04 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Yes, I enjoy driving my Porsches. I now have nearly 9K miles on the 3 since it's delivery on Dec 20th.

Must have been the late 60's when he had the Chevy transport. When I used to tag along he only had a VW Bus with a 4 cam Carrera motor and a trailer. It only had two front seats. I used to sit on the tool box between the seats. We raced mostly his RS60, the driver was a rather large gentelman by the name of Jay Hill. I remember his daily driver was an XKE Jag. I could never understand that.
It's a white single cab chevy with a slant back. It is actually quite big you could probably fit three cars on it if need be. I'll see if I can grab some snaps of the Vasek cars next time I'm around them.

Enjoy your porsche in the best of health. I hope to join the P-Car club in a year or two.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 44 years later