Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Mirror protectors, scratch guards, headlight protectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Spidermonkey is infamous around these parts
Mirror protectors, scratch guards, headlight protectors

Hi everyone- I'm having a hell of a time finding those clear plastic protector sheets that stick to the outides of the mirrors, the headlights, and the ones that fit under the door handles to protect from scratches. Mid America Motorworks used to sell them but now they're not doing much Porsche stuff anymore. I couldn't locate them at Pelican or Performance Products either.

Anyone know where I can find these?

Thanks in advance

Old 06-30-2007, 09:38 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Have you tried contacting one of those clear bra installers? They might either be happy to apply them for you or sell you the individual pieces.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:49 AM
GonzoS is infamous around these parts
Contact Sam at Premire Protective Films, They do an awesome job.
www.premiermobilegroup.com
They are located in Fremont, let them do the install, you will not be sorry.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Spidermonkey is infamous around these parts
Thanks GonzoS- I'll check them out. You have any idea on a rough price for front bumper and mirrors?

Old 07-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Spidermonkey
Thanks GonzoS- I'll check them out. You have any idea on a rough price for front bumper and mirrors?
I can't remember the exact cost but, I think it was about $800 for full front bumper, partial hood, partial fenders, lights, and mirrors. I went with the whole front end (Bumper, full hood, front fenders, lights)

Old 07-06-2007, 12:14 PM
kpxguy411 is infamous around these parts
I work at a Lexus dealership who offers Chiprotect on all their cars (professionally installed at a top notch, independent body shop) and their price for that amount of protection runs you about $300.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:27 PM
lilstan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GonzoS
I can't remember the exact cost but, I think it was about $800 for full front bumper, partial hood, partial fenders, lights, and mirrors. I went with the whole front end (Bumper, full hood, front fenders, lights)
hey GonzoS, how much did the whole front end cost? What kind of car?

Old 07-07-2007, 09:52 AM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
I found them on Rennlist i think some 3 yrs ago and have been using htem ever since. Excellent stuff they use with none of that leopard skin looking stuff that's used by my dealership. They're probably the most expensive out there, but the craftiness in their skill makes them stand out amongst the rest. Yet to see anything better than them - go with premier.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:37 AM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
I have a set I bought, and never used. I ran my car into the tire barrier on the Corkscrew at LS, so had it done along with the repairs. Let me know if you're interested in them, and I'll try to find what I paid, 60% of that will be my price.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:33 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
What are some other precut brands? I scratched my rear fender well and need to replace it and the 3m stuff doesnt seem to match what my dealer put on my car. any suggestions on websites?

Old 07-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by lilstan
hey GonzoS, how much did the whole front end cost? What kind of car?
I had Premier do a full custom film wrapped around front of car & emblem removed + custom front bumper with film tucked (headlamps / driving lights / signals removed for film tuck)
custom full hood -
custom full front fenders -(both sides)
inner front and rear wheel arches – 4 corners directly behind tires
Headlights, and driving lights
I also had Window Film – Ceramics 5 glasses - $550

Total: $2765 with the ceramic window film.

Sam did an awesome job, I highly reccomend them.

My car is a 997 GT3

Old 07-08-2007, 06:11 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Gonzo, what tint shade did you get from Premier? You mentioned you got the ceramic? Huper or Matico? What is your interior color? Any pics? Just picked up GT Silver / black and thinking about what shade to go with. I'll be getting the same kind of bra coverage on her from premier!!