Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

3m Clear Bra pricing, pieces

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:02 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
Premier covered mine in VentureShield. They covered the full hood, front bumper, front fenders, rear quarters, and rocker panels. Exceptional quality with a wild price!

Pics here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...view-pics.html

Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 PM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 20C4S
give Sam @ Premier a call. they do jobs out of states if schedule works out for them. best job u can possibly find if money is not subject. they're on the ''wild'' side but expect the best.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=97107
Sam is one of the best in the business but I will tell you he comes at a price. I am sure it would be more than $1500 for him to do the job... if he happens to be up around Jersey. I will check arounf for you and find a more realistic option. I have been in the business for a while myself and do know of other quality installers around the country.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Wayne K is infamous around these parts
996 GT3 full front bumper, headlights, fenders just past headlights matching up with 1/3 trunk coverd from bumper edge, behind front & rear wheels, rocker panel dog legs, and mirrors. $1,100.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
I recently got my all done as well. 3M. Full hood, full fender(s). Rear 1/4 Panel. Headlights, Full Bumper,, Rear Wheels, Rocker panels, mirrors. Looks great. Everything was tucked in and i payed a really homie hook-up price that i cannot really disclose.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by spg993tt
Was thinking of putting the 3m on one or two of the RS's. I have these on a few others that i drive, and while purists might not love the idea, i dig it. i can deal with seeing that microscopic line, but i hate unnecessary pin heads and stone chips on the car.

I called one or two places in my area, a guy i had used before who was reasonably and did a great job.

He came back with a wild price.

so my questions are:
1. what parts of the RS would you 3m? i was thinking full hood, front chin, f&r backs of wheel wells, side mirrors and i think thats it. anything else that i should cover?

2. what do you think that should run for parts & install?

3. anyone know anyone good in north jersey?

thx in advance.

You have one of the best installation centers in the US near you, Detailing Dynamics. Ship them the car and be done with it. You'll never regret spending a few $$ more for the best, but will always regret a cheaper, poor quality install.

Bill

Last edited by Bill in Atlanta; 10-19-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Steve,

Use Nelson, Clear Image 973-207-7000. By far the best in NJ. I have used him for all my cars. 3M is super rough on the paint when it has to be removed. Avery is far eaiser on the paint. I will not let anyone put 3M films on my cars. Unless you want the paint removed as well.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:57 AM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Y65MPH
Steve,

Use Nelson, Clear Image 973-207-7000. By far the best in NJ. I have used him for all my cars. 3M is super rough on the paint when it has to be removed. Avery is far eaiser on the paint. I will not let anyone put 3M films on my cars. Unless you want the paint removed as well.
OK lets be realistic here. I do not like 3M either but saying it will lift the paint is a little ridiculous. 3M has way to much orange peel to it and it has an acrylic top coat that does not flex with the film... so it will crack during the installation process and get worse as time goes by. The only time film will lift the paint off (any film) of a car is when the paint was not cured before the film was installed... or if the surface was poorly prepared before painting.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
OK lets be realistic here. I do not like 3M either but saying it will lift the paint is a little ridiculous. 3M has way to much orange peel to it and it has an acrylic top coat that does not flex with the film... so it will crack during the installation process and get worse as time goes by. The only time film will lift the paint off (any film) of a car is when the paint was not cured before the film was installed... or if the surface was poorly prepared before painting.
As the owner of several car dealerships, I could post countless pictures of 3M clear bra lifting paint. I will not for litigation reasons. My latest was a customer who insisted on using 3M which I refused to install. After 3M lifted the paint off the 2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum and $1500.00 worth of paint damage later, the vehicle is now covered in Avery. Though I must say 3M was prompt to pay the body shop bill, and refund the initial clear bra install cost. Just my experience.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
You have one of the best installation centers in the US near you, Detailing Dynamics. Ship them the car and be done with it. You'll never regret spending a few $$ more for the best, but will always regret a cheaper, poor quality install.

Bill
Totally agree re. Detailing Dynamics, they did my GT3 and like the others have said they do great work.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:01 AM
tuonoR has a spectacular aura abouttuonoR has a spectacular aura abouttuonoR has a spectacular aura about
I'd second (or third) the recommendation for Premier. Have had 3 cars covered by different people and Premier did by far the best job.

The main difference is they wrap the panels to the edges and try to tuck in the panel edge so there are no visibile lines. This makes it appear as if there is no clear cover and also eliminates the edge that picks up wax build-up. They did this on my Stradale rocker panels and actually pulled off the "Pininfarina" logos and applied the clear underneath so there is no cut line around the logos. There is no visible seam line anywhere on the panel unless you crawl under the car. Very trick.

I'd imagine that the complexity of the GT3 airdam will add to the cost for that type of custom work.

It is not cheap but well worth it. Although the "basic" bumper / 1/4 hood application may be just north of $1k it quickly multiplies as you add custom coverage.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:30 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
i think the OP already has the car wrapped like a year ago.