Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

LP550 VS Audi R8 TDI Le Mans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
bvi
Banned
bvi is on a distinguished road
LP560-4 VS Audi R8 TDI Le Mans

Last edited by bvi; 03-14-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned
kinnsella is on a distinguished road
Lambo 1 Audi -999.

FUGLY!!!!!I hope they build they diesel....who the **** would but it........treehuggers or guys who like car companies who win LeMans uncontested. The first time they win against Porsche........will be the first meaningful win

Old 03-04-2008, 10:01 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Lamborghini looks much better and is very sporty yet elegant with the clean lines, whilst that R8 looks like a car a kid has modified on Need for speed prostreet.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 PM
bvi
Banned
bvi is on a distinguished road
I think from this point on, any technology which allows for performance & reduced emissions should be invited by performance car enthusiasts. It seems likely that in the near future, impact on environment & performance will become equally important for the majority of buyers. Driving an 'ungreen' car will soon adopt the same social stigma as cigarette smoking has.

Regarding Aesthetics: Lambo is the more beautiful, but in my opinion the Audi has a 'high-tech' appeal.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:18 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Tommy6030 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kinnsella
Lambo 1 Audi -999.

FUGLY!!!!!I hope they build they diesel....who the **** would but it........treehuggers or guys who like car companies who win LeMans uncontested. The first time they win against Porsche........will be the first meaningful win
Uncontested wins at LeMans huh?

Audi has stated many times that they invite any one who wants to step up to the challenge to bring it. Where have the Penske Porsches been the last 2 years at LeMans?? They don't even race LMP1, but rather LMP2 with the P1 cars handicapped to make it more competitive. Even the Peugeot 908 diesels couldn't take Audi out last year and they had a 10% more powerful car.

Now this past season the RS Spyder was very successful on the smaller tracks. But also keep in mind that the P1 cars were at a disadvantage to give the P2's a chance for overall wins. On the long tracks though the Audi has flat out more torque/power. I know the RS Spyders will be at LeMans this year finally, but I just don't see them beating P1 cars.

To come on and try to discredit a manufacturer's accomplishments like that is just silly.

Now all that aside...I love both cars, but would take the Lambo. However the R8 TDI is a technical wonder

Last edited by Tommy6030; 03-05-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Hernando is on a distinguished road
I actually like them both very much. I would get the Lambo, then go for the R8. I love the looks of both, and I love the engineering that went into the R8 TDI.
Maybe a different color R8 would look better though.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:47 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
R8 belongs in a movie, LP in my garage

They are very different and for different ppl and tastes...

Old 03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
pjb84 is infamous around these partspjb84 is infamous around these partspjb84 is infamous around these parts
I love both but the Lambo is my favorite. The R8 is def. a nice looking car.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Banned
kinnsella is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tommy6030
Uncontested wins at LeMans huh?

Audi has stated many times that they invite any one who wants to step up to the challenge to bring it. Where have the Penske Porsches been the last 2 years at LeMans?? They don't even race LMP1, but rather LMP2 with the P1 cars handicapped to make it more competitive. Even the Peugeot 908 diesels couldn't take Audi out last year and they had a 10% more powerful car.

Now this past season the RS Spyder was very successful on the smaller tracks. But also keep in mind that the P1 cars were at a disadvantage to give the P2's a chance for overall wins. On the long tracks though the Audi has flat out more torque/power. I know the RS Spyders will be at LeMans this year finally, but I just don't see them beating P1 cars.

To come on and try to discredit a manufacturer's accomplishments like that is just silly.

Now all that aside...I love both cars, but would take the Lambo. However the R8 TDI is a technical wonder

Who were they racing again??? Peugeot last year and who else? Privateers on shoe string budgets. Audi's catering budget is larger than most of their entire budgets.

The Porsche's isn't in the same class of car. Audi hasn't had any meaningful competition. Last time I saw Le Mans I seem to remember it having a 3 mile straight......so I think we could both agree that it is a big track.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by kinnsella
Who were they racing again??? Peugeot last year and who else? Privateers on shoe string budgets. Audi's catering budget is larger than most of their entire budgets.

The Porsche's isn't in the same class of car. Audi hasn't had any meaningful competition. Last time I saw Le Mans I seem to remember it having a 3 mile straight......so I think we could both agree that it is a big track.
Did you even read my post? I clearly state that they are not in the same class. From what I've read, LMP2 was originally designed for privateer teams and LMP1 was supposed to be for manufacturers. However, it has not worked out that way.

So it's Audi's fault that they don't have strong competition and because of that they have no meaningful wins?
Facts are facts-The R8 protoype is considered the most successful race car ever based on the number of races entered vs. races won.
The R10 won its debut 12 hour Sebring race/24 Hours race and made history as being the first successful diesel sports car.
The R10 just finished testing in the LMS and was once again the fastest.

Regardless of who they are racing, they are still piloting a twin turbo race engine around a track for 24 hours straight and keeping it reliable and fast.

I bet if Porsche was running a P1 car and was undefeated for the past number of years, you'd be singing a different tune right now.

The fact is you are trying to discredit a brand because of their competition rather than looking at the actual car/program they have developed.

I agree with you that the competition sucks...trust me.
But I still give credit where credit is due. And Audi comes to the races prepared and with a reilable car that can perform.

Not trying to start arguements here, just having a forum debate

-T

Last edited by Tommy6030; 03-05-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !
over all I like the LP
though there are a few little styling cues that I like on the audi

Old 03-05-2008, 11:52 AM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
I LOVE diesels. Absolute bullet proof motors.

But no matter how you cut it porsche flat out handed AUDI its *** last year in a lower class car. The Acuras were not even close so you cant say that the P1's are at a disadvantage.

As for AUDI having advantage at big tracks... I dunno. Porsche had Petit lemans, but the Caution let AUDI get up close. And since its much easier to pass on the straights AUDI held off the porsche. It was also visable at Montery were AUDI was just barely holding off the Porsches because its too difficult to pass in corners. Its difficult to comment with Sebring since Porsche didnt get off to a good start. Pole positions agree since Porsche held almost all of them(1-2 as well). Porsche was just plain quicker. And this is with Acura struggling to keep with the privateer LMP1's.

Quite frankly they need to combine LMP1 and LMP2 because neither Porsche nor Audi have any real competition in their classes.

I love both maufactures even though Porsche is my first. But I would much rather see the gt2rsr Get redemtion on those cheating ferrarifags.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:09 PM
^^I agree that the classes should be combined without a doubt. The P2's are definatley quicker on the shorter tracks and in general are very competitive with the P1's. Audi made a lot of mistakes this past season also and the R10 is not as nimble in the corners. But it is known that the Diesels are penalized which is why most were unsure if Audi would even compete in ALMS this year. They penalize the refueling rig in the pits causing the TDI's to spend way more time in the pits along with making them race with less fuel. These are pretty big factors in a race. I take my hat off to Penske this past season though because they did perform extremely well.
That being said I was simply defending Audi's accomplishments in sports car racing as a whole. This upcoming season will be one of the best especially with the RS Spyders and R10 racing in LMS.-T

Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned
Lounge Lizard is on a distinguished road
Have to say I don't like the look of the R8 at all and I have seen one in the metal.
But you just had to expect a performance diesel after the Le Mans success.

Will be interesting to see how the diesel engine performs though, traditional diesel engines have a lot of torque but it's very low down in the rev range and the power band is so small it just all happens at once.
If this is as good as they say it is then Audi must of developed it to produce power more like a gasoline engine, which will shake a few boardroom tables if really does compete with everything else in it's class.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
New lambo looks very clean with a more simple design. The R8 TDI looks straight out of Fast and Furious. Lambo wins.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LP550 VS Audi R8 TDI Le Mans