Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Why are Lambo values falling more than Ferraris'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:53 PM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by enginyr
If the ferrai guys do make a profit, they have to pay taxes and eventually have to get a dealers license if they sell more than a certain amount per year(s).

Again the lambo/ferrai fued continues.

nothing against ferrari's, I think you get so much more from Lambo, for the money.
Do you mean the Ferrari-flipper would be subject to a capital-gains tax on any profit he made by flipping the car? That may be (I'm not familiar with US tax law), but sure beats knowing that there is nowhere but straight down as far as values go... and there'd be no need to get a license, as NO ONE could get that many!

I don't really think there's a feud... I know many guys that couldn't decide, so they own both

Old 07-30-2008, 09:44 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
I never said some items were from audi. It still doesn't make the car less luxurious.

Lets see some pictures of your "fabulous" interior if you dare?

From my Prius or E55?

Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 PM
enginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
From my Prius or E55?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:22 PM
norcal2 is on a distinguished road
There seems to be posers here that own neither or both at the same time...

Old 07-31-2008, 03:02 PM
luxeous is on a distinguished road
I have ridden in a 360, have a G and my good friend has a 430 that I'll be driving in two weeks. As others stated, its clearly a Chevy vs Ford mentality. I personally like both brands, but chose Lamborghini because its more my style.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:00 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
My comment was not to say the 360 interior is bad, because in no way is it - When spec'ed correctly is can be gorgeous, as standard, it's wonderful interior full of leather, real aluminum and high grade parts - piping on the seats with body matched inserts on upgraded seats and deviated stitching all add to the appeal of the interior - while to see a gallardo interior, take a look inside an A4... done

Old 09-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
My comment was not to say the 360 interior is bad, because in no way is it - When spec'ed correctly is can be gorgeous, as standard, it's wonderful interior full of leather, real aluminum and high grade parts - piping on the seats with body matched inserts on upgraded seats and deviated stitching all add to the appeal of the interior - while to see a gallardo interior, take a look inside an A4... done
I couldn't agree more. Well said. I think the LP560 is a great car, but the Audi interior is such a turn off to me. I like Audi interiors in Audis, but it's just such turnoff for me in Lambos.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
v10lambo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
The early model Gallardo 2004-2005 were POS's pretty much. Extremely tall gearing, E-gear issue, el-cheapo Audi interior (ok the interior is still there in 08/09, but it looks better and has more options). Everyone is looking to get into a 2006 or better due to more power, better gearing, and revised E-gear programming.
So... exactly how many Lamborghinis do you or have you ever owned? How about Ferraris? Have you purchased one of these lately?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 AM
gtr6speed is on a distinguished road
I think your just seeing a couple cheap lambo's that are high mileage and bad colors go cheap. Same goes for Modena's all day long.
What would you consider bad colors and high mileage?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:23 AM
enginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to behold
darker colored G's over 20k miles

Old 09-03-2008, 02:41 AM
hdsr09 is on a distinguished road
I'm assuming you meant darker colored G's, EXCLUDING black ones...

darker colored G's over 20k miles

Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
rberg32 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ExoticCarDriver
50k mile blue Gallardo for $80k
LOL! I knew something had to be fishy with this ad..

Notice the Seller's notes below the description:
"Seller's Notes: This Lamborghini is awesome!!! Demo account only. This is not an actual vehicle"

Old 10-06-2008, 11:49 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Originally Posted by rberg32
LOL! I knew something had to be fishy with this ad..

Notice the Seller's notes below the description:
"Seller's Notes: This Lamborghini is awesome!!! Demo account only. This is not an actual vehicle"
Ha ha...good catch

Old 10-06-2008, 01:16 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
I think a lot of it has to do with ferrari dealers controlling the new car market. Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. Ferrari makes it very difficult unless you are a long time customer. This leaves a lot of new ferrari customers waiting a long time for a car, allowing ferrari dealers to start off charging a large premium over MSRP. As a result used examples sometimes carry a large premium over MSRP...this would explain the value issues of the two brands.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why are Lambo values falling more than Ferraris'