Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Why are Lambo values falling more than Ferraris'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Obie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these parts
Why are Lambo values falling more than Ferraris'

When the Gallardo came out, I really thought that this might be a car that held it's value close to that of a Ferrari. Great car, limited production, relatively good quality. Now I see what is happening to Gallardo values as the LP is introduced and it is seems like they will not hold even close to the value that the 360 or 430 has. Just curious as to others' thoughts on this.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Josh_co is on a distinguished road
Isn't yearly production of the Gallardos a lot higher than the Ferrari 430?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:20 AM
enginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to behold
I think your just seeing a couple cheap lambo's that are high mileage and bad colors go cheap. Same goes for Modena's all day long.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Obie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these partsObie1 is infamous around these parts
Somebody told me that there are actual slightly more F430's produced a year than Gallardo's but I am not certain. I think the drop in prices on Gallardo's is pretty broad based. Check out Ebay- there is a Nera with 1k miles for 169, for instance. SL's are selling 20-30k below list. Some 04 360's are still selling above list

Old 07-25-2008, 01:41 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
I think it's simply because anyone can walk in and buy a brand new Lamborghini off of the showroom floor at a dealer. when it comes to Ferrari that's not possible, for now at least.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:44 PM
enginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to behold
there are tons more ferrari's than lambo's produced. The simple fact that lamborghini has put "that dealer markup" into the car instead of the dealers pocket book.

Go sit in a gallardo, then go sit in a modena. Nuf said.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:22 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by empunker
I think it's simply because anyone can walk in and buy a brand new Lamborghini off of the showroom floor at a dealer. when it comes to Ferrari that's not possible, for now at least.
exactly. let's face it also ferraris in general have a better rap than lambos in just about every area, hence the better resale value.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by rmani
exactly. let's face it also ferraris in general have a better rap than lambos in just about every area, hence the better resale value.

you mean herritage. But that's about it. Modena's break down alllll day long with problems from day one. My lambo has treated me and everyone I know just fine.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:18 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
its' called supply and demand model.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned
1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
its' called supply and demand model.
+1, and it's not always about the production #, but #'s available in the state-side as well imho.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
The early model Gallardo 2004-2005 were POS's pretty much. Extremely tall gearing, E-gear issue, el-cheapo Audi interior (ok the interior is still there in 08/09, but it looks better and has more options). Everyone is looking to get into a 2006 or better due to more power, better gearing, and revised E-gear programming.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:45 AM
olegs will become famous soon enough
A 04 Gallardo listed for 165-170k. They are now selling for 115-120 for nice ones. That's not bad for a 5 year old car with not such a great reputation. A 360 Spider, unless you are extremely lucky, would have set you back 220-230k. That car now is selling for about 165k.

Last edited by olegs; 07-27-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned
Lounge Lizard is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
The early model Gallardo 2004-2005 were POS's pretty much. Extremely tall gearing, E-gear issue, el-cheapo Audi interior (ok the interior is still there in 08/09, but it looks better and has more options). Everyone is looking to get into a 2006 or better due to more power, better gearing, and revised E-gear programming.
Scare mongering and comments like this also help to lower the price of cars too.

So an '04-05 Gallardo is a POS because it has 20hp less, E gear transmission software that had to be updated and is now the same as '06 and up, and the same crap interior as every other Gallardo

Old 07-26-2008, 01:02 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by olegs
A 04 Gallardo listed for 165-170k. They are now selling for 115-120 for nice ones. That's not bad for a 5 year old car with not such a great reputation. A 430 Spider, unless you are extremely lucky, would have set you back 220-230k. That car now is selling for about 165k.
f430s spyders do not sell for 165k. you'd be hard pressed to find an f430 coupe for that price. the spyders still list for well over 200k. i do agree with your point on the gallardos though the % of value lost is pretty damn good all said and done. Normal cars lose about 40% over 3 years, 50% over 5 years.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
The early model Gallardo 2004-2005 were POS's pretty much. Extremely tall gearing, E-gear issue, el-cheapo Audi interior .
Spoken like a true ******bag!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why are Lambo values falling more than Ferraris'