Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

2001 Diablo VT 6.0 info please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Rocket1324 is on a distinguished road
2001 Diablo VT 6.0 info please

Diablo 2001 VT 6.0.. What are they going for with low miles 5-10K and what are the major issues with this car.. It has always been my Favorite Lambo.. Want to maybe trade my 2004 G for one.. Is it a good idea???

my G is 2004
7K miles
new clutch, bonett, rims, quick silver exhaust. Mint car.. Is it worth trading???

Old 08-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rocket1324
Diablo 2001 VT 6.0.. What are they going for with low miles 5-10K and what are the major issues with this car.. It has always been my Favorite Lambo.. Want to maybe trade my 2004 G for one.. Is it a good idea???

my G is 2004
7K miles
new clutch, bonett, rims, quick silver exhaust. Mint car.. Is it worth trading???
The 6.0 is the cram of the cram IMO...I have $30K on my own #19 SE...would never part with the car...prices have been holding steady and climbing in the last 12-18 months..

ONLY 244 or so ever made, ONLY 139 to the USA and MAYBE 8o or so good ones left out there...a car that will hold and rise IMO

Call me or PM if I can help you

Roy Cats 425-353-2287 Ext #3 Seattle

Old 08-30-2008, 02:38 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
get one! my fav lambo ever

Old 09-02-2008, 11:20 AM
DrwVIP is on a distinguished road
Roy, Saw your collection at the car show this weekend.. Beautiful... I love the Black/black GT diablo........

Old 09-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Banned
lemansz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Jump on lambopower, your gonna find so many people with them that you wont be able to handle all the info.

From what I gather though, it would be not to say upgrade or downgrade. It is just a completely different car. I guess raw compared with your gallardo would be a interesting way to put it. I love the car, so if it was me I would do the switch in a second.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Frank Spano is on a distinguished road
In my opinion probably one of the hottest diablo models ever made, so far.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:57 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I will try to put aside the bias that I am not a huge fan of the Diablo.

But Lemans said it best above - a completely different car. The Gallardo is probably cheaper to maintain and you can DD it. It has loads of newer technology. The Diablo would be a weekend warrior or garage queen, that personally, I'd be afraid of driving.

Take that with a gain of salt - never driven either.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
I just sat in one today... getting in and out was one of the most difficult experiences of my life... and the car was uncomfortable and all smushed up inside... car sucked, i'd never buy one

Old 09-16-2008, 02:53 PM
JWC6 is on a distinguished road
I had both seat time as a passenger as well as a short 30 minute drive in a 6.0 Vt with OC exhaust and the front diff delete (also thru OC Lambo).

The drive occured during the dusk hours one weekend in northern orange county CA.

First impressions 1) it sets off car alarms. 2) It sounds like an airplane 3) the neighborhood kids flocked around it in about 2 minutes.

Ingress was more challenging that a typical 2 door sports care, ie corvette, but not too bad. The seats were a little narrow in the waist, I can imagine if you were over 6 feet and have a BMI greater than 29, one may have a problem.

There is alot of carbon fiber. Even the gas cap is carbon. All this interior carbon made for alot of squeaking when the engine is at idle. The instrument panel was dim. I was not certain as to what my speed or RPM's were during the drive.

The front spoiler is at a risk to be torn off by any driveway. Care must be taken at ANY incline.

The clutch and shifter were slightly more notchier than a 1980's SVO Mustang.

Since it was a cool evening, I didn't test the air conditioner. I could envision that the ****pit could be a bit toasty during midday.

On to the drive.... The violence of sound, vibration, and the mechanical feeling of the car overwhelms the senses. You know the prior observations of squeaking, dim dashboard displays, even the Nissan 300ZX headlights? THEY all are obliterated by the fury of the engine inches behind your right ear. Stereo? I wasn't even sure there was one. To be honest I am not even sure that you can hear it at full throttle.

After that drive, I am in the process of finding house with a larger garage so I can BUY one of these machines before 1) I either get too old, or 2) good low mileage examples evaporate.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 PM
jwc6, you just made me want a diablo more than ever!

forget all these other pansies that want a civilized, well mannered car with easy seat access that their wife can drive....go buy a mercedes or bmw lol

...i want the mean tempered raging bull that my wife is scared to go near and wants to gore any car that gets in its way!

diablo all the way!

Last edited by got_hp?; 09-16-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:48 PM
goddamn this is so sexy

Old 09-17-2008, 02:31 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by got_hp?
jwc6, you just made me want a diablo more than ever!

forget all these other pansies that want a civilized, well mannered car with easy seat access that their wife can drive....go buy a mercedes or bmw lol

...i want the mean tempered raging bull that my wife is scared to go near and wants to gore any car that gets in its way!

diablo all the way!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JWC6
I had both seat time as a passenger as well as a short 30 minute drive in a 6.0 Vt with OC exhaust and the front diff delete (also thru OC Lambo).

The drive occured during the dusk hours one weekend in northern orange county CA.

First impressions 1) it sets off car alarms. 2) It sounds like an airplane 3) the neighborhood kids flocked around it in about 2 minutes.

Ingress was more challenging that a typical 2 door sports care, ie corvette, but not too bad. The seats were a little narrow in the waist, I can imagine if you were over 6 feet and have a BMI greater than 29, one may have a problem.

There is alot of carbon fiber. Even the gas cap is carbon. All this interior carbon made for alot of squeaking when the engine is at idle. The instrument panel was dim. I was not certain as to what my speed or RPM's were during the drive.

The front spoiler is at a risk to be torn off by any driveway. Care must be taken at ANY incline.

The clutch and shifter were slightly more notchier than a 1980's SVO Mustang.

Since it was a cool evening, I didn't test the air conditioner. I could envision that the ****pit could be a bit toasty during midday.

On to the drive.... The violence of sound, vibration, and the mechanical feeling of the car overwhelms the senses. You know the prior observations of squeaking, dim dashboard displays, even the Nissan 300ZX headlights? THEY all are obliterated by the fury of the engine inches behind your right ear. Stereo? I wasn't even sure there was one. To be honest I am not even sure that you can hear it at full throttle.

After that drive, I am in the process of finding house with a larger garage so I can BUY one of these machines before 1) I either get too old, or 2) good low mileage examples evaporate.
Clear up a few things for you on the 6.0

1) The seats are narrow but can EASILY be adjusted out by a decent upholster company, there are metal bars that can be moved and adjusted. Have doen it many times for larger people.

2) The dash should be bright lights, there is a Dimer for the dash lights in the center counsel...expect that was turned down..??

3) Change the gear oil right away to redline or royal purple, much better than stock fluid, until car warms up 2nd gear is always a bear...

4) The entire car, with the exception of the roof and the doors is Carbon Fibner.

5) Carbon Fiber will squek, but easy fix by adding Olive Oil spray onto the areas effected and wipin excess away.

With under 250 Diablo 6.0 cars ever made WORLDWIDE and less than 140 EVER made it to the USA it is a TRUE car for the diver and collector...a properly tuned 6.0 will keep up and in some cases take a Murcie any day of the week...The 6.0 SE, Only 43 made. 20 metalic brown 20 Gold all LHD cars and 3 extra RHD drive cars made for England THESE are the best of the best of the Diablo IMO...

Old 09-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by got_hp?
goddamn this is so sexy

This car is for sale currently by the Southern California Owner...

Old 09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor
Just finished getting this Orange 6.0 dialed in the way I wanted it...

PURE SEX!!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2001 Diablo VT 6.0 info please