Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Orange Gallardo Accident at Texas Mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
G35man04 is on a distinguished road
here are some other pics from the trailer

Old 10-25-2010, 01:23 PM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
WOW! Sorry to hear, at least he came out okay! Hope everything works out and yea, aerodynamics are a big key at those speeds!

Old 10-25-2010, 01:28 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
mega lucky

Old 10-25-2010, 01:38 PM
TheStig is on a distinguished road
That could have been a heck of a lot worse. Thank God he's okay. Sorry to hear about the loss of the one of the fastest Lamborghinis in the world.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:52 PM
/\/\5POWER is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW, good he walked away. I was just discussing about this happening with friends when I seen the last texas mile where he hit 250MPH. If lemans cars can get air, I am sure a lambo doing those type of speeds sure could to. Hopefully he gets back at it with some repairs and further modifications for safety. Main thing, He walked away, GJ to the guys who built that car.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Domsz06 is on a distinguished road
man what a wreck! I want to see the video from the finish line of it in action.....

Old 10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Some of the posts going around the forums are ridiculous...like the whole "chute got stuck under a wheel story..."

I was there, near the 3/4 mile marker...saw the wreck happen right before my eyes...and happened to see slow motion video on a computer monitor (afterwards) and let me assure you, the chute did NOT get stuck under anything. From my point of view, the events unfolded as such:

1. Car hits 237.xx
2. Brake lights come on (foot on brake = light rear end as the weight moves to the front)
3. As the brake lights come on, the chute is deployed (brakes already on, chute naturally transfers weight to the front and should be pulled under WOT only releasing the throttle once it's fully deployed)
4. Cross wind takes the chute off the to side a little bit, coupled with the light rear end, the back end comes out to the left (direction of the crosswind)
5. Car goes off track, is still on 4 wheels
6. Dirt/grass burm gets in the way, car hits burm, tumbles begin...

THANK GOD UGR did such a great job with the cage and other safety equipment (cage, seats, harness, fire suppression, etc...)

Peter

Last edited by houstonT; 10-25-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:52 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
^^^Exactly. It was all relative slow motion when the shoot came out and the rear of the car slid to the left. Once it hit the dirt it spun on all 4 wheels and hooked and caught the dirt. flipping, etc.

I must of been just past you at Justins RV

Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
plain insane!

thank god that the driver is ok!

Congrats to UR that except fast cars they build them safe!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:16 AM
Perdition will become famous soon enough
Thank you clearing it up Peter. So was it driver error or the wind or a combination of the two?

Old 10-26-2010, 05:56 AM
glhs422 is on a distinguished road

Looks like Gary Javo has just released the FIRST FULL LENGTH VIDEO of the crash...

As many have said... glad that Richard walked away, and props to UGR for the quality of the safety equipment...

--Eric
02 SS

YouTube - Underground Racing Twin Turbo Gallardo Crashes At 200+MPH Texas Mile

Old 10-26-2010, 07:49 AM
BGolden will become famous soon enough
That vid really shows it clearly. I was just past the 1/4 mile mark when it happened and was unable to see it hit the mound of dirt. I am amazed every time I see it that he walked away, and I watched him walk to the trailer and ask for the time (speed) slip.

Amazing.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
The impact at the 1:38 mark on the video must have been horrific! So glad the safety equipment was in place and did it's job to the full.

Kyle

Old 10-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
That was horrific. The dynamics as to what series of issues occurred will surely be evaluated by experts.
Another point comes to mind. If I am correct the Texas Mile venue is a 1.5 mile long strip.
With the progressively advancing technology, engine builds and massive hp of the vehicles the speeds achieved there may not be adequate safe run-off.
Don't know maybe I'm wrong. Those that have achieved such speeds could comment?

Ranger

Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 AM
NitrousX will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by houstonT
Some of the posts going around the forums are ridiculous...like the whole "chute got stuck under a wheel story..."

I was there, near the 3/4 mile marker...saw the wreck happen right before my eyes...and happened to see slow motion video on a computer monitor (afterwards) and let me assure you, the chute did NOT get stuck under anything. From my point of view, the events unfolded as such:

1. Car hits 237.xx
2. Brake lights come on (foot on brake = light rear end as the weight moves to the front)
3. As the brake lights come on, the chute is deployed (brakes already on, chute naturally transfers weight to the front and should be pulled under WOT only releasing the throttle once it's fully deployed)
4. Cross wind takes the chute off the to side a little bit, coupled with the light rear end, the back end comes out to the left (direction of the crosswind)
5. Car goes off track, is still on 4 wheels
6. Dirt/grass burm gets in the way, car hits burm, tumbles begin...

THANK GOD UGR did such a great job with the cage and other safety equipment (cage, seats, harness, fire suppression, etc...)

Peter
Chute was out clearly everyone that was there saw that.
The end of the mile seems to be alittle unsettling; the Porsches last year lost traction just past the mile mark.
The cross wind didn't help either for this accident, also remember the car is getting squeezed and pushed to the ground from the down force and when you introduce lift and a pocket of clean air you'll have uncanny results.

It's an unfortunate event with a fantastic out come, him walking out of it.

I'd cut a piece of that cage out and frame it with a note " Saved my Life".

- Eric Chavez

aka Lucky Loser

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orange Gallardo Accident at Texas Mile