Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing Twin Turbo Build Documentary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Love this thread. Check it multiple times a day. Keep up the good work, there Pete-wah!

Old 11-24-2010, 04:02 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I'm guessing Jamie's GTR will be well past the R1000 level that Switzer has out there right now plus whatever little tricks Jamie and Tym can come up with by then. He will be very tough to beat especially from a dig.

And who knows how many other high HP GTR's show up.

I know a couple of the Evom's big guns have expressed interest in attending TX2K11 and I hope they do because they are two of the fastest 996's out there if not "thee" fastest.

Don't forget RobMD and Powell. I'm guessing they both will have stepped up their game by then.

There should be at a minimum 5 UGR TT's running around plus Titans TTG.

Plus the normal array of Supras, Vipers and Vettes and this is shaping up to be a very impressive and fun event.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:37 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
I agree!!! I wouldn't miss it for anything!

Old 11-24-2010, 08:28 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Peter, what's the ETA

Old 11-24-2010, 08:50 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
I'm guessing Jamie's GTR will be well past the R1000 level that Switzer has out there right now plus whatever little tricks Jamie and Tym can come up with by then. He will be very tough to beat especially from a dig.

And who knows how many other high HP GTR's show up.

I know a couple of the Evom's big guns have expressed interest in attending TX2K11 and I hope they do because they are two of the fastest 996's out there if not "thee" fastest.

Don't forget RobMD and Powell. I'm guessing they both will have stepped up their game by then.

There should be at a minimum 5 UGR TT's running around plus Titans TTG.

Plus the normal array of Supras, Vipers and Vettes and this is shaping up to be a very impressive and fun event.
Should be fun trying to keep up huh?

Old 11-24-2010, 09:22 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Should be fun trying to keep up huh?
Always fun to play on the Mexican highway. This will be my fourth straight year and I'm looking forward to it.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Jamie - bad *** car = your GTR

Running, we can try several mph for fun....40, 60, 80....why not? I'm AWD so we can do a 40 As for chips, I really appreciate the courtesy....your drag radials kick up rocks and to add insult to injury, the last thing I want is to get beat by you and get rock chips!!!!

As for Tim's comment....I think he was referring to someone else, NOT Sean. T.S. - those initials ring a bell (and no, not a boxing ring gym)

Peter
Look at you sandbagging....I love it! I just left you a vmail.

You know I'm totally jealous of TTG's....and the way you all are going about this build with UGR. As we've talked about, I have as much money tied up in my GTR as you guys will....so not sure I'd do it over again exactly this way....but there's no turning back now!

And of course I knew what Tim was talking about....you missed my subtle joke!!! I have nothing but respect for Jitsu now....maybe it doesn't take much....but the man showed up and beat me fair and square! See....I'm just a simple guy.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:24 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Always fun to play on the Mexican highway. This will be my fourth straight year and I'm looking forward to it.
You and I are co-piloting again this year....

Old 11-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
You and I are co-piloting again this year....
I'm game even knowing the bad juju that follows you to TX.

I'm really looking forward to a ride in your GTR.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:17 PM
spOILed will become famous soon enough
ive been reading the post on supraforums. great thread

Old 11-25-2010, 02:23 AM
ASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the rough
wow

my ultimate dream car is a TT lambo, props on making it happen, again

hopefully I'll get to see the car in a cars & coffee meet or something

-AJ

Old 11-25-2010, 08:56 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
This will be another kick **** year for Supra Nats!
Happy Holidays
Robert

Old 12-01-2010, 01:22 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the build, great choice made!
Subscribed!

Old 12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
HennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to beholdHennesseyPerformance is a splendid one to behold
Congrats Peter, looking forward to seeing it soon.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sooooooo, I have spent the last week or so learning about the differences b/w the AEM option and the MoTeC options for the G. As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong John Reed )

1. AEM - retains stock ecu for drivability and serves one purpose....to bring online the additional injectors when more fuel is needed upon getting into boost. That's it, no other functions are available...

2. MoTeC Street - this option also involves retention of the stock ecu so that drivability does not suffer....however with it you get the MoTeC ECU, full harness (using mil spec connectors), MoTeC drive by wire controller/expander, a signal converter for speed, all sensors/wideband/boost control/map select switch, and full install/tune. This option allows boost by gear, 2step, etc.....but has the benefit of retaining stock drivability.

3. MoTeC Race - everything in option 2 but MoTeC replaces stock ecu as well....this results in full control over car functions and therefore requires all drivability to be tuned via the unit.

After all of the research, I have decided to go route 2. I will get to maintain stock drivability but will have the added benefits listed above. In addition, with the AEM, you are power and boost limited (I will let John/UGR explain this as I'm not sure if anything proprietary is in the reasoning). Stay tuned for more pics.
Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing Twin Turbo Build Documentary