Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing Twin Turbo Build Documentary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:19 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Underground Racing Twin Turbo Build Documentary

It all started back in March of 2010 at TX2K10...I had heard about how badass Twin Turbo Gallardo's were, but never experienced one in person. All it took was once glance, and I was in love with SW's black Gallardo TT. I knew right then and there, that it would only be a matter of time before I went out and purchased my own. Fast forward a few days I call SW at Elite Motorsports in Austin, TX and tell him...find me a low mile black Gallardo! Of all the people that know me and understand my OCD when it comes to my cars, SW knew EXACTLY what I was looking for. He tells me to be patient (yea right), and a few weeks after, he calls and informs me that he found a 2005 6-speed Metallic Black/Saddle Gallardo with 1,852 miles on the odometer. That weekend, I pack up the family and take a "family excursion" to Austin.

...I proceed to inform my wife that we were making a "pit stop" at Elite Motorsports to look at a car. LOL, little did my wife know I was about to buy a G. So, as you can imagine...we roll up, the car has only 1,852 miles on her, clear bra on the front bumper, whole hood, both front fenders, up the a-pillars, behind the rear tires, etc......and I immediately fall in love and say to SW "I'll take it"!!!

Here is what she looked like:

The car arrives in Houston a week or so later and within a week I call SW and tell him "sell me your 20" ADV's!!!!" 5 days later, she looks like this:

Old 11-08-2010, 08:19 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Once I got the looks the way I wanted, I start the research process on who I was going to send the car to for the twin turbo, built motor, etc... Of course, when thinking GTT, everyone thinks Underground Racing, and to be honest, that was the first shop that came to mind. Having said that, I wanted to be methodical about my decision and so I considered Underground Racing, Heffner, BoostLogic, Levin and Titan. Things that were important to me included:

1. Quality
2. Reliability
3. Workmanship
4. Reputation
5. History
6. Proven record on the street and track

At the end of the day, I decided that only Underground Racing (www.undergroundracing.com) could deliver what I was looking for. They are the only shop that has enough confidence in their product to put it center stage on every car forum, at the drag strip, at the TX Mile, etc....they went out and ran a 9.1@169 at the strip on street tires...they went out and took the standing mile world record with a 250.1 mph pass at the March TX mile...and they currently have the 6-speed 60-130 record with a 3.51 second pass. I respect the fact that they go out, race, innovate, learn and continue to get better. They are always eager to post results and detailed pics, even to the detriment of their business as they post so many details that they give the competition a head start. It seems to me that they are always a step ahead though... They have approximately 30 twin turbo builds out on the streets and have a shop FULL of cars. That in itself is a statement. Back to my OCD, having just shipped the car to them, the feedback and communication I've gotten from Kevin and KC has exceeded my expectations. Everyone knows I am pretty freakin high maintenance and they have been nothing short of professional in dealing with my ADD!

The beginning of my documentary...I called Kevin and said, come get my car, it's time. A few days later, the transport shows up:

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-09-2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: active link
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Good deal Peter, I was beginning to think you might have changed your mind on TT'ing that thing! LOL. As everyone knows, I'm a huge fan of my UR TTG and we've accomplished alot. You're in good hands.

PS. Did you ever drive SW's?

Kyle

Old 11-08-2010, 10:29 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Peter
LOL I guess Christmas came early and congrats on your upgrade! I can not wait to see what this bull will run. Does anyone have the numbers on the 850 kit? 1/4 mile time? 60 to 130?
Happy Holidays
Robert

Old 11-09-2010, 02:01 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Congrats Peter, Have you considered pulling the motor-storing it in your garage, and finding a used longblock since its practically brand new.....

Old 11-09-2010, 03:39 AM
BB Supra will become famous soon enough

Peter i see you're still doing your thing.

Cheers,

Old 11-09-2010, 06:25 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Looking forward to following this thread Peter. I'm happy for you and living vicariously through you.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:32 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
You had one the cleanest Supras over @ supraforums, I know the G won't dissapoint. Keep up the nice work.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:48 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Can't wait for the update posts............

Cheers.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:49 AM
BB Supra will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RFFG
You had one the cleanest Supras over @ supraforums, I know the G won't dissapoint. Keep up the nice work.
More like 5

Old 11-09-2010, 06:54 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Wow, this will be an epic thread. Congrats on the new car and good luck on the build. You mind sharing with us what setup this car will have? I know Underground has different turbo options and engine block options depending on your goals and your budget.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Kyle - thanks buddy! It took me a while to fill up my piggy bank so that I could do the TT kit!

Rob - while I'm not going super crazy...i think the package will be perfect for the street. I will have traction issues with the 20's but down the road I might get 19's with R888's. As for numbers on the 850 kit, I'm not really sure and have not heard of anyone giving up stats with respect to that kit. Oh, and p.s., Merry Xmas to me! LOL

Joe - too much effort brother! LOL I'm building this bad boy and gonna be done with it...

BB Supra - once a car guy, ALWAYS a car guy!

Todd - LOL, thanks bud! Remember, all it takes is a check book...cut the check and come join me!!!!!!!!!!

RFFG - I appreciate you saying that...it speaks to why I ultimately chose UGR. They simply perform such clean and high quality work that it was ultimately a no brainer. They have done all the R&D, they know what works and what doesn't...and I trust that.

Stay tuned folks, I will be updating as updates are available! I already told Kevin..."Pics when she arrives!!!"

Peter

Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 AM
ItalianStallion - sorry, missed your post...I decided to go with the stage 3 kit (1,000 whp on pump and 1,300+ on race) along with a Tilton and UGR billet axles. I can't imagine pulling up to a Shell station, putting 93 in the tank, and being able to make that kind of power! WOOT!

Peter

Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Wow congrats on the purchase. These types of threads are always my personal favorite. Reading the play by play makes it almost like I am there. I cannot wait to hear more about what must be an amazing experience.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:24 AM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
Good stuff Peter! Looking forward to the build!

P.S- You need to throw some turbo's in the F!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing Twin Turbo Build Documentary