Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

2008 white superleggera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:27 PM
dimitri is on a distinguished road
Where in pa Athenia?
congrats
maybe we can gather a group drive when my car comes in.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 PM
regis is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Athenia
I just took possession of my 2008 white superleggera yesterday and am so excited about it. I must have looked in my garage at least 10X before I went to bed. Setting up and securing my garage was like preparing the room for a new baby. It's nice to know there are others that share the same passion here. I welcome all comments. Wendy
Congrats Wendy. I got mine about the same time. 2008 Orange SL with 2300 miles! (I'm almost to 4,000mi now) I know the feeling as I practically slept in mine the first night. Right away I signed up for a "Track Day" at the Pocono Raceway thru Exotics Rally to really put it thru the paces. Best thrill I've ever had in a car as I got it to 170 mph before the day was over. Drove for about 2.5 hours on the track. This car was made to run at 150+, it just purrrrrs . . . .

Mine came with the clear bra on the front end and mirrors and the fire extinguisher. I stood the extinguisher upright and added a plastic black cup holder right next to it, at the exact distance of my arm length when reaching behind the passenger seat. Not a CD/SDcard kinda guy, though I've put both in to test the system. I ordered a Motorola BT/FM speakerphone adapter (MOTOROKR T505) to connect my phone to the audio system. Lets you do hands free with phone and stream your music thru the car's system via FM radio.

Saw your post on the sears pump. Now I know why you asked. My left rear tire has reported low twice in the month I've had it. It's my next purchase. Tinted windows right after. Tired of people breaking their necks to see what celeb in in the car! Thought about plates that say "its nobody".

More next post . . .

Old 10-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Athenia will become famous soon enough
2008 Orange SL

Hi and congrats to you as well with your SL. That's great you were able to get it to the track! Wow 170. Definitely get the air compressor, it's so worth it. I used mine for the first time today. I know the front tires are meant for 35 and back 32 but my friend says he used to keep it at 34 in front and 31 in back. When I checked the tires today, which I'm still a newbie at using that thing, I noticed that my right back was low on air. As I was trying to put more air in, I think air was coming out and then I saw it was down to 25, lol. I then cranked up the air compressor and added more air to tire & all worked well. A very good investment. Tinted windows is a great idea, I was thinking of that too. What state do you live in? What color is the interior? Have you ever owned a lambo before?
Wendy

Old 10-07-2011, 10:35 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RCNJ
Thanks. Its black on black with silver stitching and silver calipers. It has gloss black Callisto wheels, updated steering wheel with aluminum bottom, CF airboxes, Tubi exhaust, and clear front markers.

Thats a pretty rare beauty you have. Don't know if you are aware of this, but there was only 10 white SL's made and one was totalled in an accident so you have one of nine. I also know someone in NY that has a white one.

I know him too. Are you doing the Turkey Run this year?

Old 10-07-2011, 10:58 PM
RCNJ is on a distinguished road
Yes, most likely.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 AM
to RCNJ

Originally Posted by RCNJ
Yes, most likely.
Yep, I know the rarity of the whites. I wonder who has the other 7 whites left.
Wendy

Old 10-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Hi and congrats to you as well with your SL. That's great you were able to get it to the track! Wow 170. Definitely get the air compressor, it's so worth it. I used mine for the first time today. I know the front tires are meant for 35 and back 32 but my friend says he used to keep it at 34 in front and 31 in back. When I checked the tires today, which I'm still a newbie at using that thing, I noticed that my right back was low on air. As I was trying to put more air in, I think air was coming out and then I saw it was down to 25, lol. I then cranked up the air compressor and added more air to tire & all worked well. A very good investment. Tinted windows is a great idea, I was thinking of that too. What state do you live in? What color is the interior? Have you ever owned a lambo before?
Wendy
Thanks, I got and used the compressor yesterday! Great advice. I live in MD, just outside of DC. Althought I went to the Poconos track, I found that the one closest to me is Summit Point. I'll be checking them out soon. Found out from guys I met at "Cars & Coffee" held every Sat morning in Great Falls VA.

The interior is a black suede with orange stitching. Very nicely done. This is my frist lambo, or any high end sport car.

Hilton

Old 10-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Jetfire is on a distinguished road
congrats to you too regis

Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Yep, I know the rarity of the whites. I wonder who has the other 7 whites left.
Wendy
Seth Rose, who runs the Exotics Rally site has one. I met him at the Pocono track. He answered all my noobie questions and helped me around the track that day. While I got to 170mph, Seth got my car to 180 with me in it! Showed me that I was not aggressive enough in the turns, thus not able to get to max speed before the end of the straight aways. I'll work on that next time!

Hilton

Old 10-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks Jetfire !

Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Video My 2008 Orange Gallardo SL Pictures

All, I just "linkified" my signature to pics of my bull. I snatched these off the web site the dealer had up before I bought it.

Hilt

Old 10-12-2011, 07:26 PM
F430

Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
id also like to see some pics of the white super g
Hi George - I love F430s even though I'm a Lambo Girl at heart! Believe it or now, I really don't like the Enzo.
Wendy

Old 10-12-2011, 08:02 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
I'm wondering where the pics are....

My B.S. meter has been going off for awhile.

If you're legit, post em up 'Wendy'.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:33 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HIRISC
I'm wondering where the pics are....

My B.S. meter has been going off for awhile.

If you're legit, post em up 'Wendy'.
Agree,post up pics or ban.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:01 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
she has them in this album

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 white superleggera