Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Possible new Lamborghini owner with a few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:43 PM
jdavis911 is on a distinguished road
Possible new Lamborghini owner with a few questions

Hi, I recently sold my 997tt with the intent of buying a TTs cab. At that price point I see I am now in the range for an 08 G spider or 09 560-4 for a bit more money. I intend on buying shortly then selling the car over the the next winter so a few questions are :
- Are there any must steer clear colors that are tough to re sale , I like orange, grey, white, black, dark blue. Is the blue interior white piping a no no?

- e gear is a must for me is the 08 manuel mode that poor compared to the new 09. Unfortunatly where I live there is no option to test drive the two.

Is 135-140k for an under 10k 08 spider realistic ?

Is 150k for an under 10k 09 doable ?

Thanks,

Josh

Old 02-12-2012, 07:32 PM
ToofDoc is on a distinguished road
Josh:

I just finished buying a G and I ended up getting a 2009 LP560-4. Loving it! I, too, was shopping between a 2008 Spyder or 2009 LP560-4. 99% of people at the Lamborghini forum recommended me to go with the 2009 year model because it's still current. Much better E-gear system and a lot more upgrades.

As far as you price ranges listed below, you're about $10-15K below what many dealers are asking for especially you want a car that has under 10,000 miles. The cheapest 2009 LP560-4 I've seen are asking for $165K. Don't forget you still have sales tax above and beyond that, depending on what state you live, a 7% sales tax on a $165K is another $11K!

Not saying you won't find a 2009 for $150K, but probably will much more than 10K miles on it and it may need some major maintenance work = more $$! Good luck shopping, you'll have a blast! I would say a Lamborghini will hold its value much better than your original TTS Cab.

Originally Posted by jdavis911
Hi, I recently sold my 997tt with the intent of buying a TTs cab. At that price point I see I am now in the range for an 08 G spider or 09 560-4 for a bit more money. I intend on buying shortly then selling the car over the the next winter so a few questions are :
- Are there any must steer clear colors that are tough to re sale , I like orange, grey, white, black, dark blue. Is the blue interior white piping a no no?

- e gear is a must for me is the 08 manuel mode that poor compared to the new 09. Unfortunatly where I live there is no option to test drive the two.

Thanks,

Josh

Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the reply, I see you had a fantastic experience on your purchase. I learned a lesson, my last TT purchase was a nightmare! Car came just a mess and I bought from what I though was a reputable dealer. I will definetly take the time to fly in for a viewing before making any purchase. Tax a side I figured my price points are tough but maybe do able to a patient guy. I swore on my last 3 purchases I would buy a cab and here I am now leaning towards the 2009 lp560-4 coupe. Any hands on experience out there on just how much faster the 5.2 is and feels over the 2008 5.0 v10

Old 02-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
You might find something you like on our website - Lamborghini Gallardo - Lamborghini Gallardo For Sale

Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of

Josh,

Congratulations on being ready for a Lambo. You will love the Gallardo. Silver and Black tend to be the most difficult resale colors. That being said, if you buy one well, you can still own the car for a reasonable amount. Orange, Green, Certain Blues, and Telesto tend to bring a bit of a premium.

I think that you should be able to find an 08 Spyder in that price range.

$150k for an 09 is a bit difficult but may be possible. It would most likely be a silver or black car and you might need to push the mileage threshold.

The shifting of the early cars is fine. The newer cars are certainly better but I do not think you will be disappointed with an 08 shifting. I daily drive an 04 E-Gear car though!

Here is some info on the evolution of the model over the years:
http://edbolian.com/?p=2379

Here is a good PPI checklist for looking at any pre-owned Gallardo:
http://edbolian.com/?p=2374

Good luck with the search!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks Mr Ed I appreciate the feedback. I'm spending huge amounts of time online researching, nothing yet but boy this is fun. I see the 550 is a less expensive way to get newer however their must be a reason. I haven't found much research as to why this car isn't as desirable other than the obvious 2wd, but there sure is a lot of left over new dealer stock on these models.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:15 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Thanks Mr Ed I appreciate the feedback. I'm spending huge amounts of time online researching, nothing yet but boy this is fun. I see the 550 is a less expensive way to get newer however their must be a reason. I haven't found much research as to why this car isn't as desirable other than the obvious 2wd, but there sure is a lot of left over new dealer stock on these models.
The 550 was introduced for a variety of reasons. It was first offered on the Valentino Balboni edition Gallardo in 2010 (limited run of 250 cars). It was available in 2011 as a production model and as the Bicolore Special Edition (limited run of 250 cars) with a black roof in orange, yellow, gray, white, or blue. Additionally the 550 serves as a bit of a price point car. It has been offered in a few different option package editions - Bicolore, Black Edition, Monochrome Edition.

For 2012 we have six Gallardo options - a coupe and convertible version of the LP550, LP560, and LP570. More here - http://edbolian.com/?p=2363

The LP550-2 is rear wheel drive, the LP560-4 is all wheel drive, and the LP570-4 is 4 wheel drive (fixed 70-30 torque split). Obviously different cars will have different option configurations and standard equipment.

You will not find a lot of new stock for Gallardos right now. Each store will probably have 2-5 new cars. They are actually selling pretty well. Lamborghini has done a very good job of managing production and option availability. In 09 they just made LP560 coupes (very few Spyder press cars for the US). In 2010 they just made Spyders (other than the Balbonis). For 2011 they spread it out among more models and for 2012 there will probably be 250-350 Gallardos sold new in the US among 6 models. Spread evenly that would be 45-60 cars per model, not very many.

It is cool that you can look at a new 2WD coupe for not much more than a low mile, nicely optioned 09 LP560 and that is sort of the point. The idea of being able to buy a new Gallardo for $200-215k is a pretty appealing option, particularly as the 458 can easily be optioned to $280-300k as the nearest competitor.

Let me know if you have any further questions that I can answer. It is a fun process to shop for them.