Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

LP570-4: Larini installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
VINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura aboutVINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura aboutVINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura about
LP570-4: Larini installed

delete post

Last edited by VINTAGEFEFE; 10-10-2015 at 02:05 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
sounds angry, any flybys recorded?

Old 02-29-2012, 09:00 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
yeah, that sounds nothing like larini on a 08 G SL. you can search for petzebra on youtube to see how fred's 08 G SL sounded with larini and cat less setup. it sure is less bassy.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
I am not in love with the sound it produces. Instead of a nice shrill, V10 it resulted in something that sounds more like a big block V8 with open headers. More Ford than Lamborghini.
But that's just my opinion.

For what it's worth, two of the best exhausts I've heard on a Gallardo are the Kreisseig and Orange County systems. In the case of Kresseig, there is a control valve that allows you to open the exhaust for full sound and performance when you want it then hit the bypass to silence it for casual driving around town. I'm not sure if Orange County's has the same set-up, but it seems quiet enough where it wouldn't necessarily be required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYOciRHTWfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1NSTT7vODY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybotlWBAt-s

Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
go with Twin Turbo's and you wont have to worry about exhaust.

your car looks amazing!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 AM
VINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura aboutVINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura aboutVINTAGEFEFE has a spectacular aura about
delete post

Last edited by VINTAGEFEFE; 10-10-2015 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Have you dyno'd it? I saw some gallardo dynos with Larini and they lost power from this exhaust.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
delete post

Last edited by VINTAGEFEFE; 10-10-2015 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Atlas997TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tuskir
Have you dyno'd it? I saw some gallardo dynos with Larini and they lost power from this exhaust.
You could lose power because of loss of back pressure, for example if the tubing was too big and the internals of the muffler really didnt provide the backpressure needed that was lost from the large tubing.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Heist
I am not in love with the sound it produces. Instead of a nice shrill, V10 it resulted in something that sounds more like a big block V8 with open headers. More Ford than Lamborghini.
But that's just my opinion.

For what it's worth, two of the best exhausts I've heard on a Gallardo are the Kreisseig and Orange County systems. In the case of Kresseig, there is a control valve that allows you to open the exhaust for full sound and performance when you want it then hit the bypass to silence it for casual driving around town. I'm not sure if Orange County's has the same set-up, but it seems quiet enough where it wouldn't necessarily be required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYOciRHTWfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1NSTT7vODY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybotlWBAt-s

Not talking about the same cars. OP has an LP.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Atlas997TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
Not talking about the same cars. OP has an LP.
Yeah I see that a lot. Most don't know the differences in the engine and firing order making these cars sound very different than the pre LP

Old 04-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Atlas997TT
Yeah I see that a lot. Most don't know the differences in the engine and firing order making these cars sound very different than the pre LP
Yes, I'm aware the Gen 2 Gallardo uses a different firing order and an engine punched out another 1/2 liter more or less.
But the order was not changed from cross plane to flat plane.