Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Is now a bad time to get a Gallardo?

Old 04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Bad
Bad is on a distinguished road
Is now a bad time to get a Gallardo?

With the new "revolutionary" model coming out probably this Fall, do you think the current Gallardo prices will drop significantly?

I'm thinking of getting a LP-570 but not so sure now :/

Old 04-06-2012, 03:35 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Its still about 1.5-2 yrs til any one get to own it on the road.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:43 PM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
I have been looking hard too. Prices seemed to have gone slightly back up for the time being (probably summer driven). I am waiting for the perfect car though and with what I have seen, I am probably going to wait it out for a year or two to see what the prices do before jumping into one. I check multiple sources and auctions all the time just incase there is the perfect deal out there though

Old 04-06-2012, 04:29 PM
paulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura about
its never a bad time to buy a lamborghini.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Jetfire is on a distinguished road
I know it's easier said than done, but man...find the one you want and just go for it. Waiting a year or two, you are missing out on smiles

Old 04-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Bad
Haha, yeah, and I suppose that if Lamborghini hits the ball out of the park with the Gallardo followup there's going to be a 458-like bubble for several years (pretty nuts how even 10' 458s are still selling far over MSRP )...

Though a concern for me is that I couldn't help but notice that the gallardos I'm looking at have been on sale for a pretty long time..

Old 04-07-2012, 04:03 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
it's typical for exotics to be on market for 3+ months. many exotics are financed. that presents 2 problems. one, seller doesn't have the title. two, buyer needs financing which doens't come through.

hence, many decide to trade in and buy used at a dealer.

this is all on top of typical car buying experience - i.e. condition, history of the car, etc.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:30 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by djantlive
it's typical for exotics to be on market for 3+ months. many exotics are financed. that presents 2 problems. one, seller doesn't have the title. two, buyer needs financing which doens't come through.

hence, many decide to trade in and buy used at a dealer.

this is all on top of typical car buying experience - i.e. condition, history of the car, etc.
i thought people just cut checks for them, usually not financed

Old 04-09-2012, 08:24 AM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
Yah right...very few people are that liquid, even one's with a LOT on paper. Most pay huge downs, it does less than one would think for the monthly payment too.

Worked at an exotics dealership. Mercedes v12 biturbo is still my true love, just saying:lol:

Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Bad
Originally Posted by MorePSiTehBett4
Yah right...very few people are that liquid, even one's with a LOT on paper. Most pay huge downs, it does less than one would think for the monthly payment too.

Worked at an exotics dealership. Mercedes v12 biturbo is still my true love, just saying:lol:

Really? Lease or purchase loans? Do you know why?

I could understand a lease loan if you weren't planning on keeping the car for long (and therefore only pay partial sales tax) or if you had a business to write off the payments. But to me a purchase loan wouldn't really make sense unless they couldn't afford the car? Would make even less sense if they put down a huge downpayment..

Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 PM
POWERHOUR is on a distinguished road
If you HAVE to finance an exotic, you shouldn't own it.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa
its never a bad time to buy a lamborghini.
+1!!

Old 04-10-2012, 03:35 PM
DriftingTree is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by POWERHOUR
If you HAVE to finance an exotic, you shouldn't own it.

I am not too sure about that one pal. With how cheap money is right now???? I dont mind spending money but I hate wasting it.....

Old 04-10-2012, 03:54 PM
paulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura aboutpaulfromtulsa has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DriftingTree
I am not too sure about that one pal. With how cheap money is right now???? I dont mind spending money but I hate wasting it.....
+1. I got my Lambo financed at 1.99%. My money makes me more than that

Old 04-10-2012, 04:04 PM
DriftingTree is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa
+1. I got my Lambo financed at 1.99%. My money makes me more than that

Like I said....

If you get a loan for a $295k Ferrari, Lambo- all they want is 20% down. They are loaning you roughly 235k at 2-3% and you dont take that.... well Your choice but I would rather have my 235k working in the market- just me.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is now a bad time to get a Gallardo?