Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

TTG Vs other Platforms on the street

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM
300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Shadowboost
SW's clutch was done, and he was caught napping. He has an account of it somewhere, but honestly couldn't be bothered to find it.

Shadow, for once I believe you.

Just about how long does one of those clutches last at the 1250 RWHP level? I bet SW flogged the you know what out of that package and most likely, could not care a less about the cost to replace one either!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Another SICK Camparo
SW 1400awhp. Some said it is 1250awhp ( old setup ) vs 1400rwhp Supra ( TAG is the driver )

Last edited by MannschaftQ8; 09-30-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
iBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Pizzamangtr
That is a fast GT-R. Traps 169? I bet a stage 3 TTG probably traps low to mid 160s.

Close race regardless.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
i must say that gallardo is probably the most expensive platform that gets serious mods like this. but it took a mightly long time for a gallardo to get into the 8s so maybe not the best platform but sure the most rare!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
Gtr traps 165

Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM
First off, I respect ugr hands down they set the standard for what is a fast street car. And when ugr cars beat everything on the planet we all give props for that and enjoy watching the videos. But this race a ttg lost hands down, no excuses and now people are saying the gtr traps higher than what it traps making excuses! Awesome's car is a beast and this is a badass win under his belt. Give props where props are do.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Old 09-30-2012, 11:32 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Anything can be made to go fast. The beauty of the Gallardo is its ability to handle such a a high level of power so effortlessly without, basically, reengineering the whole vehicle. Not even the Supra can make this claim anymore. Ask any of the (many, including myself) guys who came from the Supra world to the GTT.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm on the ropes about what my next vehicle will be. The next couple months with the events going down will be my deciding factor. Whether I go ttg or build my gtr. I do agree with you that the g's are a very good platform to heavily modify.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:43 PM
300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light300 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by medici78
Anything can be made to go fast. The beauty of the Gallardo is its ability to handle such a a high level of power so effortlessly without, basically, reengineering the whole vehicle. Not even the Supra can make this claim anymore. Ask any of the (many, including myself) guys who came from the Supra world to the GTT.
Exactly how much less modification needs to be done to a GTT than a Supra to make a 1500+ RWHP vehicle?

What is the relative cost to both so they will not break at these power levels?

Or how long does something like each last being flogged at that power level like the few days at the TX2K event videos we all see?

Old 10-01-2012, 12:32 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 300
Exactly how much less modification needs to be done to a GTT than a Supra to make a 1500+ RWHP vehicle?

What is the relative cost to both so they will not break at these power levels?

Or how long does something like each last being flogged at that power level like the few days at the TX2K event videos we all see?
I'm not talking about the hardware, so much as the way the car composes itself with the added power.

With the Gallardo you get the added advantage of AWD and the mid engine layout which does wonders for traction.

Not sure what you mean by relative cost. Its still going to cost a mint to build a Supra with 4-digit power. Cost should be the last thing folks are concerned about when building something with 4-digit whp. The adage "Speed costs money..." is universal.

As for handling the power repeatedly, its all on the planning and execution. UGR has a formula for repeatedly cranking out 4-digit whp Gallardos. Supras can be a mixed bag as some guys don't sweat the details as much as others.

While the GTR is an amazing power platform, it will never have the "look" that the Lambo has. This can be a plus or minus, depending on preference. Also, the back seat can be a big deal if you don't have enough garage space and small family.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:38 AM
awesome82 is a splendid one to beholdawesome82 is a splendid one to beholdawesome82 is a splendid one to beholdawesome82 is a splendid one to beholdawesome82 is a splendid one to beholdawesome82 is a splendid one to beholdawesome82 is a splendid one to behold
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3653852

See link for details

My car traps 165.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by medici78
I'm not talking about the hardware, so much as the way the car composes itself with the added power.

With the Gallardo you get the added advantage of AWD and the mid engine layout which does wonders for traction.

Not sure what you mean by relative cost. Its still going to cost a mint to build a Supra with 4-digit power. Cost should be the last thing folks are concerned about when building something with 4-digit whp. The adage "Speed costs money..." is universal.

As for handling the power repeatedly, its all on the planning and execution. UGR has a formula for repeatedly cranking out 4-digit whp Gallardos. Supras can be a mixed bag as some guys don't sweat the details as much as others.

While the GTR is an amazing power platform, it will never have the "look" that the Lambo has. This can be a plus or minus, depending on preference. Also, the back seat can be a big deal if you don't have enough garage space and small family.
I guess what I am getting at is how long does the clutch and other associated driveline components last at the level of spirited driving we saw all the cars at the TX2K12?

What does a clutch plus installation cost?

Is there any difference between how robust the GTT and GTR transmissions are?

I know the GTR trans shifts faster for sure. It seems it may be a bit more robust if people have been putting drag radials on them for quite a while now.

I know Heffner put drag radials on his customer's GTT, then UR did as well. But before that people seemed to stick to the road race tires on the GTT's.

I agree with you about the GTR's lack of a good 'look'.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TTG Vs other Platforms on the street