Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

TTG Vs other Platforms on the street

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
If both Porsche and GTR made same power...Porsche will win
A Russian 980hp tip 997tt beat both 1000hp AMS GTR and BL GTR but lost to +1250awhp GTR...The GTR pulled it after 130-140mph and the differance 250-300whp
Here is the video....Rolling speed 50mph best for GTR

Another vid for spi 850hp gt2 vs spi 820hp GTR. Also rolling 50 ( best for GTR )

1100whp gt2 vs +1250whp but tje owner claimed he ran 30psi which should be in 1150awhp range ( according to GTR builder )

rolling 75 ( best for gt2 ) and short distance...The gt2 pulls harder on top

9ff 1000whp gt2 vs AMS 1000awho GTR...rolling 50

9ff 1000awhp gt2 vs BL 1000awhp Godzilla GTR
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=3dOkBX2JN6k

We keep calling plenty of high HP cars in Kuwait and UAE but they refused to race once they know that we want 75 rolling speed.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
I'm sure we will know much more in TSS invetation!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8
If both Porsche and GTR made same power...Porsche will win.
I actually agree with this because the Porsches are significantly lighter.

The only caveat is that in the second video posted between the SPI GT2 and SPI GT-R (which happens to be my old car, by the way), the GT-R wasn't making 820 whp. The boost had been turned down during that run. It was at around 775.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Shadowboost is on a distinguished road
Do note that for high horsepower cars like this, under hard acceleration and shifting, their angle of attack actually is not 0. The coefficient of drag values and even frontal area do not really apply for something like a 60-180 mph roll. Also considering many of these vehicles are lowered and have aftermarket wheels, factory figures really can't be used

Last edited by Shadowboost; 10-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I actually agree with this because the Porsches are significantly lighter.

The only caveat is that in the second video posted between the SPI GT2 and SPI GT-R (which happens to be my old car, by the way), the GT-R wasn't making 820 whp. The boost had been turned down during that run. It was at around 775.
Thanks for clarification

Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Banned
Another thing I noticed that 60-130, ET and trap speed in 1/4 mile is not whole story.. Just like Dyno numbers.
GTR will win most of standstill and low rolling races and lost most of high rolling races
My personal list if GTT, GTR, Porsche and Supra ARE ALL SAME HP

Porsche
GTT and Supra
GTR

Old 10-02-2012, 06:24 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ivan_m3
Sincere thanks for all of the data of the aerodynamics are contradictory say that a Porsche can go with 975 hp to the wheels you can go to 233 mph taking a coefficient lower than the GTR in the data that you've exposed,then as explained that the GTR alpha omega was 233 mph with 1250 hp to the wheels? Don't think that those data are more than wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu9jBIB8Bjo
The downforce of the AMS GT-R had a significant impact on that car at the TX Mile. So, while the car may be 'slick', at over 200 mph the downforce on it definitely isn't optimal for a top speed run.

The 996TT that went 231 kept the rear wing down and had far less downforce than a stock GT-R does. Same with the Ford GTs.

While downforce and drag are certainly related, they are also not the same thing.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
With regard to the topic of this thread, I honestly believe that TTGs, GT-Rs and Porsches are the best platforms on the street (in no particular order). I also believe that once we start seeing Porsches making an 'honest' 1100-1200 whp (soon), they will surprise a lot of people. They do a lot, with a little.
Trying to see how 1300rwhp will be done by the end of the year with some new goodies I have waiting for after the race. You know I'll go out and get some #s for us Porsche guys

Old 10-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
The downforce of the AMS GT-R had a significant impact on that car at the TX Mile. So, while the car may be 'slick', at over 200 mph the downforce on it definitely isn't optimal for a top speed run.

The 996TT that went 231 kept the rear wing down and had far less downforce than a stock GT-R does. Same with the Ford GTs.

While downforce and drag are certainly related, they are also not the same thing.

just data for you guys to bench race with......

My Ford GT did 226.2 in the Mile with 974 rwhp.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
Ivan, you can't go off of all those videos just yet. The r35 is a new platform and ams was the first real big hp one to run the mile. The car was set up for 1/4 mile pass then. Now they start to mess with gearing for higher speeds in the mile. Remember when the tt g's first came out? What mph were they hitting in the mile? R35 has aggressive gearing, meaning shorter gears and fast shifts to acellerate quickly not fast for top speed.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Powell
Trying to see how 1300rwhp will be done by the end of the year with some new goodies I have waiting for after the race. You know I'll go out and get some #s for us Porsche guys
Very nice, Chris. I'm rooting for both of us.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Mullet
just data for you guys to bench race with......

My Ford GT did 226.2 in the Mile with 974 rwhp.
Thanks, brother. I can always use info for bench racing.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by ivan_m3
Ok and explain to me for that the gtr loses all the careers against 911 I disturb and when mas speed cojen mas remains behind, even with the same hp? Having this information of the gtr to my sincerely it me does not coincide, ams also he said they have 996 turbocharger that was mas rapidly in the mile that the gtr with great less power said q is very much an aerodynamic mas, the problem of the gtr resides in the front moon the design on the other hand in gracefull is flat, also since you can see in the video of the gracefull one and 911 I disturb s ... really one sees that it is mas aerodynamic I think that the sight is not deceptive and I boi to saying that it is the best platform the gracefull one for careers of street followed of 911 disturb and the gtr.
No disprespect intended, but I don't understand what you are saying in this post.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Okay.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
Unless both cars are dynoed at same time , on same settings , on same dyno, one can only take claimed hp for face value. Race that occurred a couple days ago, owner claimed 1500hp and shop that built said car said only made 1250hp. Once again gearing plays a big factor also in these high speed runs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TTG Vs other Platforms on the street