Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.
View Poll Results: Which one would you pick given the points below?
458 Italia
68.57%
LP560-4 Superleggera
31.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

458 Italia or Lp560-4 Superleggera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 02:42 PM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
458 Italia or Lp560-4 Superleggera?

Guys,

Advice and opinions would be appreciated. For many, myself included, the 458 is the go to car in this price range. However, the Superleggera can be had for almost the same price, has CF all over the place and looks great. Given the points below what is the better car:

- it is a daily driver and will be also used on long road trips
- the weather is often wet and raining
- the driver is 6ft 1 and big
- assume pricing is the same
- 0 to 60 and 60 to 120mph is the most important as the car will rarely pushed beyond 120mph.
- car will not be tracked
- neither cars will receive any performance mods, but the 458 would be lowered on wheels (as per pic)
- CF is really sexy and to have loads of CF in a 458 costs several pretty pennies.

Here are pics of the two cars and your advice is much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	adv-1_ferrari_458_07.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	471.3 KB
ID:	217268   Click image for larger version

Name:	rr2010-12-29_17-02-54copy-1.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	217269  
Attached Images    

Last edited by farris; 03-02-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:01 PM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
lp 570 hands down for me.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by besiktas
lp 570 hands down for me.
Looks wise 100%.

I just worry that as a DD or on long drives it might not be comfortable.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:13 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
LP-570

no question

Old 03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
yellowbull is infamous around these partsyellowbull is infamous around these parts
LP 570 all day. I had both cars the Lambo is a great car. If its going to be a DD they do have an optional seat you can get

Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
458 for me.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
You answered your own question

LP560 Super all day long

Old 03-02-2013, 10:06 PM
iBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura aboutiBoost has a spectacular aura about
LP570 no doubt.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 AM
Thanks Guys!

What is so funny is I also posted a thread in Ferrari Chat. They all said 458 no question and all you guys say 560 SL.

Here is what I have gathered from all the input I have received:

Pros for 458:
- Has more modern electronics
- Has more comfortable seats and a more spacious interior
- Is in the middle of its life cycle where as the 560 SL is at the end
- Transmission is the best! It's like one big gear and is so easy drive around town. Having spent a couple weeks behind a 458 this is certainly true.

Pros for LP560SL:
- Looks!
- Interior is sexy as hell
- Four wheel drive
- can be upgraded with a nice touch screen head unit, whereas the 458 has a really annoying interface for music control
- due to the ability to add head unit, one can put in a really nice light weight audio system. Carbon fibre speakers and sub, digital amps...
- SLs are more rare than 458s

Important Questions Left To Answer:
- Since the 560SL is at the end of the Gallardos life, how much is it likely to depreciate over the next year or two compared to 458? This is a crucial consideration.
- when is the Cebrera (Gallardo Replacement) coming out in Europe?
- All SLs I have seen have bucket seats. How comfortable is it on long drives? I need to sit in one I guess, but more input is welcome, especially on long (several hour) drives.
- Which has more trunk space? The rear shelf will not be useable due to lightweight audio system.

What can I say guys, two great cars! I do think the SL is more special and purely on sex factor it would be the SL. I need to answer the questions above to really be fully informed.

Thanks Again!

Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Hmmm....which one is less likely to catch fire?...Bad question. I love both, but the SL being at the end of it's life cycle is an issue. Sticking to my tradition of offering up a completely different alternative, Mp4 12c. Carbon Fiber chassis and way more carbon utilized throughout, equal performance wise, 7 speed DCT, English born and bred. I'd still probably go with the 458.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I happen to think the 458 is waaaay more sexy and attractive. Plus it's roomier and more comfy for use as a daily. The Gallardo has those hard edges and creases that make it look dated imo. The 458 is full of sensuous curves. I never care what kind of music system comes in a car since I have no problem upgrading whatever is there.

This is an old arguement. You're either a Lambo man or a Ferrari man.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by AudiBull
Hmmm....which one is less likely to catch fire?...Bad question. I love both, but the SL being at the end of it's life cycle is an issue. Sticking to my tradition of offering up a completely different alternative, Mp4 12c. Carbon Fiber chassis and way more carbon utilized throughout, equal performance wise, 7 speed DCT, English born and bred. I'd still probably go with the 458.
I really dislike the McLaren. I find it ugly outside and in, plus the interior is even more cramped than a Gallardo.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:36 PM
ivory8 is infamous around these parts
I've spent many hours in each car, for a daily driver and long road trips, the ferrari 458 italia is definitely the better buy.

the seats in the superleggera are not comfortable, and are a very tight fit for someone like myself (I am 6 foot 1 and fit). This is the biggest thing for me, being 6 foot 1, i only have about an inch before my head hits the ceiling, and if I'm wearing a helmet on track, i have to scrunch my neck to fit in the seat of the SL.

the 458 has much better visibility through the windows, both side and back.

The Gallardo SL feels rougher and tougher, something that could get annoying on street roads, where the 458 is smoother on speedbumps and feels more delicate.

the gear box in the SL is more violent, where the 458 is seamless, which plays a huge role in comfort in stop and go traffic or at stop lights

honestly the 458 just the better choice for a daily driver.

Last edited by ivory8; 03-03-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by ivory8
I've spent many hours in each car, for a daily driver and long road trips, the ferrari 458 italia is definitely the better buy.

the seats in the superleggera are not comfortable, and are a very tight fit for someone like myself (I am 6 foot 1 and fit). This is the biggest thing for me, being 6 foot 1, i only have about an inch before my head hits the ceiling, and if I'm wearing a helmet on track, i have to scrunch my neck to fit in the seat of the SL.

the 458 has much better visibility through the windows, both side and back.

The Gallardo SL feels rougher and tougher, something that could get annoying on street roads, where the 458 is smoother on speedbumps and feels more delicate.

the gear box in the SL is more violent, where the 458 is seamless, which plays a huge role in comfort in stop and go traffic or at stop lights

honestly the 458 just the better choice for a daily driver.
This is very helpful. Thanks!

Old 03-03-2013, 06:01 PM
BlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura about
I'd only choose the Lambo if I was going to do a TT kit.

IMO the 458 is much better looking with equivalent performance, especially with nice wheels and a drop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 458 Italia or Lp560-4 Superleggera?