Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing invades the Shift Sector CA event. (New world record)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Exclamation Underground Racing invades the Shift Sector CA event. (New world record)

I want to congratulate Stacy Barnett for winning the classes he entered at the Shift Sector race event this weekend in California. Until this past weekend, I don't believe Stacy had ever even driven a Gallardo. The Underground Racing TT 2R Gallardo was delivered to California Saturday morning, and he made a couple of 1/2 track pulls to feel the car out and made one full pass Saturday at 215 mph! That was on a lower power setting, and that was all for Saturday. On Sunday (today) the guys started easing some more power in it for Stacy to get the feel of the higher boost levels. There was a lot of tire spinning and aborted runs, but he got one good pass in today and set a new world record at 224.99 mph in the 1/2 mile! And the car was never put on full kill! Stacy did an incredible job this weekend, and his Gallardo was on street tires (Toyo R888's).

For safety reasons, Stacy opted out of any roll racing for the safety of him and other drivers, which was a good thing because on a couple of passes I hear he crossed over into another lane. Stacy will be ready for the next TI event for plenty of roll race action.

I also want to mention that Jorje also took delivery of his Underground Racing R Spyder. Because it is a Spyder with NO cage, the event staff didn't want him to go over 200 mph, so he had a ton of pulls coasting through the traps. Jorje did the right thing and took his time making solo runs as well. His car was never set to an aggressive boost level. I believe before the R Gallardo that he took delivery of this weekend, he had never been in a car making more than 600 HP, but I believe his last pass he went 205 mph. He did a great job driving his new Underground Racing Lamborghini!

Finally, I want to thank all the guys for heading out to CA on last minute notice for race support for our customers, namely KC, Tim, and John Reed.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Underground Racing; 10-09-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:39 PM
thuff331 can only hope to improve
You failed to mention Taylor Sims with Dallas performance busted out a 220.15 yesterday but due to no cage wasn't allow to run today. UGR better get ready this year there is going to be great competition.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thuff331
You failed to mention Taylor Sims with Dallas performance busted out a 220.15 yesterday but due to no cage wasn't allow to run today. UGR better get ready this year there is going to be great competition.

I didn't fail to mention anyone. Didn't that car break? Maybe with a little more nitrous it will be as fast as a 2R?

TI KOTS wins
Underground 3
LMR 1
Rest of world 0

I see you have a S-351. Great car. I have owned some. Is it a supercharged car?

Old 10-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Kevin the 99 s351 I have was yours and no his car didn't break.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Mr. Hollywood is on a distinguished road
lol at the troll attempt.

Congrats to Stacy and UR on the successful weekend.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor
Kevin the 99 s351 I have was yours and no his car didn't break.
What color is it?

Old 10-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Red has cage the ysi with the tfs r intake. Has your old UGR sticker on it.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:29 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Damn! Good job, Stacy! 224 in the 1/2 mile is mind boggling. 220 mph from DP is also very stout, no denying that, but wasn't that a DP shop car and not a customer car like UGR?

Last edited by SCvet00; 10-06-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
Red has cage the ysi with the tfs r intake. Has your old UGR sticker on it.

I had some fun with that car back in the day. It was once at 1000 whp. A LOT back then. Cleaned house with that car on the NC streets.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:41 PM
It is funny you think there is nitrous on any DP cars. There is in fact no nitrous on any of them.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Cody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to beholdCody is a splendid one to behold
Congrats Stacy! Nice to see the competition stepping it up, will be fun at TI next year.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:43 PM
There's none on mine DP tt car. No reason for it plenty of power

Old 10-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Shop car or not. Stage 1r DP car not on kill runs 220.15 against a customers UGR stage 2r runs 224.99 not on kill. Who cares customers or shop car. There's a whole stage difference between the 2

Old 10-06-2013, 07:59 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Shop car or not. Stage 1r DP car not on kill runs 220.15 against a customers UGR stage 2r runs 224.99 not on kill. Who cares customers or shop car. There's a whole stage difference between the 2
Umm..there is a big difference between a shop car and a customer car. If you have been in the game long enough you would know that.

Also keep in mind that the UGR owner has never driven the car until this event. It takes time and practice to get adjusted with a car of this power level. Hell, it took me 3-4 days just to get acquainted with my measly stage 3.

Not taking anything away from DP's shop car, it's an impressive showing.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Former Vendor
Stage difference (premeditated excuses)? Says who? All you DP guys crack me up? Get out of here with that BS. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing invades the Shift Sector CA event. (New world record)